on 12 May 2009
There was a very strong smell of wood preservative (I think) when I unpacked this and even after a good wash and a week in the air it hadn't gone away. In the end I bought another one with a metal handle which I saw at TK Maxx - I'd had trouble finding one in the shops before - checked supermarkets, Robert Dyas and Lakeland etc - which is why I bought online - but anyway happened to be in TK Maxx and saw one. Odd problem but actually made it unusable for me!
on 10 January 2010
Brillient. Cheap, simple, easy to clean, and best of all blends fat and flour for pastry (or crumble etc) perfectly without getting mucky hands or hauling out the Magimix. The result looks like the best hand rubbed version and you can easily control the texture. I have arthritis and my thumbs can no longer do the 'rubbing in' action, so this is most useful. This has an easy-to-grip wood handle so needs hand washing, but one can also get dishwasher-proof versions.
on 1 March 2009
Incredibly useful gadget. I've had older wire versions when i was growing up, and now i hit uni it was one of the first things i missed (student who cooks, novel!) Have been very pleased with it- the edges of it cut butter very well and makes fantastic pastry
on 12 August 2009
It could simply have been that I got a bad batch. For the price it is a good buy, but the wooden handle had a large crack that formed after gentle handwashing from first use. As a tool, it was good to use. A risk whether to take it or not then.
on 1 August 2009
Bought this pastry blender for my friend who was talking about it for ages. Have spoken to her and she was fully satisfied with the quality of the product. Especially how comfortably you can hold the blender.
Five stars :)
on 23 September 2010
Item ordered was not available so disappointedly replacement sent in the hope my order would be satisfied which I have accepted by way of their apology
on 1 February 2009
This was sent as a replacement for the one that went missing it is just what my Suister wanted.
on 6 August 2013
The blender arrived quickly and well packed. The item looked as it was described.Using it first time I was supprised how easly a pastry was prepared without involving hands.That is a true pleasure to use it ,thank you.
on 30 April 2015
I love it. Nothing more to say
on 23 June 2016
Loved this for making pastry.