on 3 February 2009
This realy is a large bowl (14 inches diameter, 6 inches height ) - Great for sifting flour without geting it all over the worktop. Lightweight and easy to clean. 101 uses including bread making, cake mixing cleaning washing veg.
on 25 July 2010
Bought this item as I needed a bigger mixing bowl to accommodate all the ingredients that go into making a 12" cake and I didn't have a bowl big enough. This one does the job nicely.
on 31 October 2009
Found what I was looking for! No room for yet another gadget in the kitchen (didn't want storage problems with a large mixer) so bought this super duper sized bowl and a hand held mixer - the perfect solution as the bowl fits on top of the kitchen wall units, the mixer in the cupboard. The bowl is easy to clean and hygienic. A plus is that it makes a super size salad or rice salad etc bowl for parties. (Tip from my old cookery lessons a very long time ago is to rest the bowl on a damp tea towel to stop a mixing bowl slipping when using with a mixer).
on 22 November 2011
I had looked everywhere for a large enough bowl for making a batch of sourdough bread and this was just the ticket. It arrived promptly and serves the purpose admirably. I even told friends to get one.
on 30 May 2011
This is a great bowl for mixing my six LB.of bread dough before it goes onto the work top for kneading.
It cleans well and I use it as a washing up bowl while the bread is rising.
on 23 September 2011
This is a nice metal bowl with high sides and a big volume, I find it great for mixing cake ingredients and sponges.
The construction is pretty sturdy and it's weight is light.
I read someone else's review that said the bowl was too flimsy, but I think that is being a bit overly critical. It's not an issue.
on 29 June 2009
This stianlss steel bowl is one of the best bowls i have very bought .It is a fantastic piece of equipment and it's size is out standing for the amount of money i paid for it. Know job is to big from making bread to full size wedding cakes this is the bowl. I highly reccommend it. and i will be buying another one.
on 2 November 2011
The uses for this bowl, are only limited by your imagination. I was toying with buying a stoneware bowl, but then remembered , my track record with anything breakable...
on 30 June 2011
It is the biggest mixing bowl I could find the the market and it is just great! You can easily mix everything in the bowl - a dough, fresh pasta, pie refilling. Together with a 5L one you can do almost everything! The stainless steel is durable, even through I would prefer that the bottom part is a little bit thicker and with silicon outside, that is why i gave it 4 starts instead of 5.
on 4 November 2010
I bought this bowl to replace my old china one that had developed a crack.
It's excellent value for money and will easily hold 5kg of bread dough for proving.
Whilst not a problem, my only slight reservation is that the metal is very thin and a bit flexible.
But what do you expect at this price?