Style Name: Mixing Bowl|Change

on 27 February 2009
At last a mixing bowl that is light enough, strong enough and smart enough to do the job its supposed to do. Easy to wash up and big enough to mix pancake batter, cream, meringues etc., without the stuff climbing up the sides and splattering all over. Good purchase, get one!!
on 4 April 2011
I have bought a few of these bowls. They are light-weight, hard-wearing and look good. I dont have any issue using metal whisks with them and have made some amazing meringues (metal bowls are recommended for this due to possible fat residue in plastic, glass or wooden bowls). In fact I find that metal against glass goes right through me, but each to their own! Highly recommended. And on another note some reviews have commented on the fact that the bowl can bend on the bottom due to the thinness of the metal.. I think that this is a feature ie light-weight and not a hindrance.
on 10 February 2009
The bottom is convex so it wobbles about on a flat surface, if you push it in it pops out again...very annoying but otherwise it is fine.
on 4 April 2009
Agree with what others say here, the base is a little flimsy but as long as you're not too aggressive a cook you shouldn't experience too much of an issue. I think this bowl represents great value as I've found them so hard to find elsewhere.
I own a number of these bowls in a variety of sizes and they are fantastic.

This 3.5 litre one is large enough to make a decent sized batch of dough (500g) and prove in it with no problems at all. Also excellent for whipping cream, large cake mixes etc etc.

Pros:
Light
Durable - after 12 months of serious hammer they don't look at all tired
Easy to wash - mine have been through the dishwasher as well as regular hand washed, no problems so far
Great to store - with the other bowls in the range they store well as they're so light, we nest them all within each other and it's no hassle to lift the bowls out to get the size you need.

Cons:
Can't think of any at all, the only thing you need to keep in mind is that you cannot use these in a microwave. Not an issue for me thankfully as I use the Pyrex Glass Measuring Jug, 1L, which I'd also recommend purchasing!
on 2 May 2005
It's a mixing bowl and it works pretty much as it's meant to. Since it hasn't any complicated moving parts, I'm confident it will continue to do so for years to come.

The reason for the relatively low score is because of something that I should have considered before buying, and hope that you will after you've read this. The bowl is a good medium-large sized mixing bowl, it is an ideal size for mixing up a sponge cake or something similar (4L is about 7 pints) but I wouldn't recommend it. Imagine using an electric whisk or even just a metal balloon whisk against a stainless steel bowl (fingernails down the blackboard isn't in it - please believe me!) so for mixing things using a wooden or a plastic/silicone utensil it is an excellent bowl. For anything involving whisking buy something else!
66 comments|106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 February 2009
I use this to mix my bread ingredients, excellent size and easy to keep clean.
VINE VOICEon 22 August 2009
What more can you say about a mixing bowl? Hmmm, light and looks nice plus easy to clean and good price. Yep, that wraps it up.
on 18 April 2009
I bought a set as a present for my brother, he loves them and expects them to last a lifetime.
on 7 January 2011
For my purposes (mixing dough, whipping cream) it is perfect. I have nothing negative to say. I can`t find that it wobbles about. For that price I would buy it over and over again. Perfect size.

See one answered question