I bought this mini oil-filled radiator to use in my mini-camper van to use for winter camping where it's perfect. It warms up my van very quickly and, unlike fan heaters, doesn't make the air dry and stuffy. It's silent in use so is suitable to use overnight.

Published on 18 Feb 2010 by K. L. Wren

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money
Broke after 4 months. I called Delongi and it has to go in for repair. Nearest repair center is an hour away on a train, so the guarantee is pretty useless and the radiator is now a piece of junk... Before buying I would consider buying from a retailer that you can easily go to, for repairs in the even it breaks. And after reading more reviews on this product that happens...
Published 18 months ago by M. BELLINGHAM

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and efficient for a small room, boat, caravan, camper, outbuilding, greenhouse, loft...., 18 Feb 2010
K. L. Wren "K L Wren" (Herefordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: De'Longhi Bambino TRN0505M Oil Filled Radiator - 500 Watt (Kitchen & Home)

Design is good: it's very neat and tidy with a quality build. It has a small footprint, is highly portable with recessed grips and has a 6-position thermostat and when drawing power (which doesn't seem to be too often) the red power button illuminates. There's also a frost-guard setting making the heater suitable for use in a loft, porch, caravan, boat or anywhere there's a risk of pipes freezing or simply to help prevent damp.

In use it produces a steady, lasting radiant heat and, unlike using a fan heater, the room doesn't go cold immediately it's switched off. Also, it after being switched off it still radiates some heat at it gradually cools down - ie 'free' heat! I've tried other 500w mini oil radiators, including a Dimplex 500w model of very similar specification and some from budget stores but this is by far the best and seems to radiate heat much more effectively.

Shortly after buying it, our gas central heating boiler broke during a spell of cold, damp foggy weather followed by snow so it was brought into the house for indoor use. Although it's only 500W and not designed for heating large rooms it warmed up my small 8' square office very effectively and made a noticeable difference in our 16 lounge.

It's economic in use and perfect for a small room such as a bedroom, bathroom or for use in a boat or campervan where space is tight.

A highly recommended purchase from a reputable manufacturer and backed by a 5 year warranty - excellent. Although there may be some cheaper radiators available, many of which I've tried, you get what you pay for and this is by far the best in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars De'Longhi Bambino TRN0808M Oil Filled Radiator, 800W, 10 Mar 2009
C. Blyther "Chris Blyther" (Coleraine, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased this good looking oil filled radiator for use on colder evenings and it has performed amazingly well! The thermostatic control is very easy to access, and at only a medium setting, keeps the temperature of a fairly large (and normally unheated) bedroom constant overnight. It's also virtually silent when turning off and on its thermostat.

I thoroughly recommend the De'Longhi Bambino and at such a great price from Amazon! De'Longhi Bambino TRN0808M Oil Filled Radiator, 800W

5.0 out of 5 stars Economical and fast, 31 Oct 2008
J. F. M. Burley "Julia FM" (Cranleigh,Surrey) - See all my reviews
I had a larger older Delonghi radiator but needed a smaller one for the bedroom when the central heating packed up. This little one is amazing - it seems to generate as much heat as the larger models and is half the size and not bad looking either. It heats up very quickly and unlike a fan or convector heater it's a pleasant heat. And it's cheap to run.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for excellent little radiator, 12 Feb 2009
N. Bowring (Sussex) - See all my reviews
This neat little radiator heats a small room efficiently and can easily be tucked away when not in use. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Nursery, 13 Oct 2008
This cute little heater is absolutely ideal if you want to keep your nursery warm during the cold winter nights when the heating's off.
With the variable, thermostatic control, I can rest easy that the room won't get too hot, and as it's only 500W it won't make my electricity bills astronomical.
Very highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cold spots, 23 Nov 2005
Eric Baker (London) - See all my reviews
I've had one of these for quite a while and it's ideal for under my study desk with the thermostat set low - much cheaper and more pleasant than having the whole room hot enough to keep your feet warm. It seems to be very cheap to run, is silent and radiant heat is just what you need. So I just ordered another from amazon, with a cold winter predicted. The only imperfection is that it seems to keep hot with such infrequent bursts of electricity (the only time the indicator light is on) that it's easy to leave it on overnight by mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for the nursery, 19 Nov 2010
J. OLDFIELD "john_o" (North West,UK) - See all my reviews
after much careful deliberation we decided that my daughters nursery required something to take the 'chill' out of the air with winter fast approaching.
We dont have thermostats on all the radiators so leaving the c/h on all night wasnt practical/cost effective or even reliable to be a constant temp.
So we decided on this unit.

The unit is very well made, and needs to be run for a day on 'full blast' (thats level 6 on the dial) to burn off any residual smell (we noticed little if any). We obviously did this out of the nursery.
We also fitted a timer on the power plug so it only has power from 7pm to 7am with the heater itself set on level 1.5 (out of 6)
Its also placed near to a corner (not ideal for heat, but makes us feel a lot happier it isnt too near the cot)
As well as this I fitted a smoke alarm in a suitable position in the nursery (battery operated)
We use it to 'take off the chill', you arent trying to make a childs room 'warm' just enough so it doesnt feel cold.
As well as this we have the AngelCare baby monitor (with breathing mat sensor indicator!) which allows you to set min and max alarm temperatures too, so you can monitor the room temp in real time
(althought the value displayed seems a bit optimistic, we reckon it says its at least 2-3 degrees C too warm i.e. indicates 20 but in reality its prob less than 18.)

More often than not we go in a night and the LED (indicating its in and heating) is off but the units warm.

Sometimes we feel it can get a little too warm if we run the heating at the same time as the unit, so you want the c/h vs timer for heater times to run concurrently not overlap.Just monitor and be cautious.

Works just as we'd hoped.
Combined with other safety measures and monitor all the time (smoke alarm and AngelCare monitor), we are happy to use this in the nursery for now.
Its up to you to decide whats 'safe' but so far this has been ideal and certainly we have no doubts that our little one isnt waking up due to being too cold (she just wakes up for lots of other reasons)
Well recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!, 6 Oct 2009
Ms. Alex Ritchie "stjarni" (scottish highlands) - See all my reviews
this little heater is absolutely brilliant, it heats a fairly large room really well, i bought it thinking if it took the chill away from our kitchen then that would be great but it does that and more! highly recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 30 Jan 2011
It does exactly as it says on the box. keeps our medium sized room warm, makes no sound, thermostat controlled, cheap to run. Now we set the boiler at around 15-18'c for the whole house and turn on his little wonder in the room where we are in. keeps our feet warm, and worked cheaper as the gas bill was smaller as the whole house is not in tropical heat. a good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Good compact heater, 28 Sep 2010
Mr. Steven Davidson (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this for my 2 year old son's bedroom which gets too cold in winter. The 800W power is ample to keep his room at a comfortable temperature over night when the central heating is off. We also tried it out in a larger living room and it can warm that up in about an hour too.

The thermostat makes it quite economical and it is quiet when the heat clicks on & off.

It has no timer, but that is not an issue for me.

The design is good to use in a childs room - no sharp edges etc.