5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value
Published on 23 Jan 2007 by John John

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Grinder, Lousy Cable Storage
I have had one of these grinders for a while now, and must say it has worked flawlessly. The only major problem is the cable and the cable storage mechanism. If the cable becomes slightly twisted or kinked it jams up in the base of the grinder. This is a problem as it tends to jam, so the cable is far to short to be useful.
Published on 22 Nov 2006 by R. TURNER

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 23 Jan 2007
John John "Close" (Amsterdam, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: De'Longhi KG39 Coffee Grinder, 12 Cups (Kitchen & Home)
When my expensive burr-grinder died I decided not to spend too much money on a new grinder. Well, for the money it's a bargain. It will consistently grind beans, there's no need for you to use a timer. I've used a french press ( coarse grind) and a moka pot ( fine grind). Both resulted in great coffee. I am convinced this is the best blade-style grinder available. Still, it comes with the same ' flaw' as other blade style grinders: it's simply not possible to create a very fine ( pump style espresso machine) or super fine ( turkish coffee) grind.

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to use, 7 Oct 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: De'Longhi KG39 Coffee Grinder, 12 Cups (Kitchen & Home)
This really is a well designed and well constructed coffee grinder. The series of indicator lights that tell you how fine you are grinding are very useful, especially if you are grinding for an espresso machine. The design means it should enhace any kitchen.
The instructions say that the minimum grind is for 4 cups. I drink mugs and it does need around enough for 2 mugs. There is a useful measurer in the plastic top. Which leads me to a word of warning: that top is quite fragile and is easily snapped: proceed with care!
Overall, an excellent machine, missung the 5th star because of the breakable lid.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good blade coffee grinder, 2 Jan 2008
Al "Hipstar" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: De'Longhi KG39 Coffee Grinder, 12 Cups (Kitchen & Home)
This is a good simple blade coffee grinder. The description about it being able to grind between 4 & 12 cups is baffling and i think it's simply a gimmick (i don't see what it does!). However, it can grind to any level you wish as you can ignore the green lights coming on and grind it as fine or as coarse as you wish. A solid well made adjustable blade coffee grinder at a competitive price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine grinder, 15 Mar 2009
Arni (Gota, Faroe Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: De'Longhi KG39 Coffee Grinder, 12 Cups (Kitchen & Home)
The grinder's simple to use and does it's job well. The amount of cup settings is a bit unnecessary - you just throw the amount of beans you want in and grind till you're happy with the consistency. It's looks nice too and is relatively easy to clean. You can wind the cable in, so it's a bit easier to store away than usual, which is nice if you don't use it every day. So overall, I'd recommend this De'Longhi Coffee Grinder for anyone looking for a nice, little grinder that does its job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money - almost perfect, 5 Jan 2009
D. Quintiere "Davi Q" (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: De'Longhi KG39 Coffee Grinder, 12 Cups (Kitchen & Home)
This is a great coffee grinder: well designed and very easy to use. It's wonderful to smell the coffee after using it! I had no trouble with the lid, doesn't seem fragile to me.

One stars goes to the cleaning ease, I mean, the lack of it. If you don't mind leaving a small amount of coffee behind, it's perfect. I myself only clean it when changing the coffee beans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent grinder, could be easier to clean, 17 Oct 2008
Mr. L. Brookes (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: De'Longhi KG39 Coffee Grinder, 12 Cups (Kitchen & Home)
Until now i'd been grinding beans with my multipurpose blender which could easily be disassembled and cleaned. With this grinder, there are no detachable parts. To clean the manual suggests you sweep out execess grind with a small brush (like what?) then wipe with a damp cloth. I just use a kitchen towell.

Besides that, the product is excellent. Makes a beautiful, fine espresso grind for my new Bialetti.
Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Grinder, Lousy Cable Storage, 22 Nov 2006
R. TURNER (London, England) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great grinder, well designed, easy to use, 4 Jan 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: De'Longhi KG39 Coffee Grinder, 12 Cups (Kitchen & Home)
This is a fantastic grinder. My only complaint is that the cup size selector wheel starts at 4 cups, meaning if you want to grind less than that, you have to pretty much guess. Otherwise I have no complaints.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why Pay More?, 27 Sep 2007
K. J. Bertrand "movie lover" (Suffolk England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: De'Longhi KG39 Coffee Grinder, 12 Cups (Kitchen & Home)
For the money, this is excellent value. It is simple to use, and gives super results every time. I particularly like the cord storage. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars De Longhi coffee grinder, 19 Mar 2009
This review is from: De'Longhi KG39 Coffee Grinder, 12 Cups (Kitchen & Home)
I read readers comments on the majority of my purchases and I also buy according to the brand. Someone said that this product lid was hard to close...It is easy if you make sure that you align the arrows! The grinder does a great job allowing the user to get the right grade of coffe according to what you wish to use it in i.e a perculator or cafeterre. The wire is short, that is what I wanted I hate trailing wires on my work top!I would highly recommend this product for quality, Value and ease of use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›