5.0 out of 5 stars Really reliable rolling
Published on 2 Nov. 2011 by Dave

3.0 out of 5 stars lost ball bearing?
This attaches nicely to the slow output drive and produces good and thin rectangles of pasta. Dissapointingly, to cut the sheets into spaghetti or tagliatelli Kenwood want to sell you another attachment...
The rollers spat out an egg shaped ball bearing but the function seems intact; Kenwood customer support wanted a picture of this but I'm afraid it's lost. Also...
Published on 5 Sept. 2012 by Ian Henry

5.0 out of 5 stars Really reliable rolling, 2 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Kenwood Pasta Roller Attachment AT970A - for Kenwood Chef and Major (Kitchen & Home)
Absolutely fantastic piece of kit. Attaching it to the Kenwood was a bit of a fiddle to start with (until I realised it needed a sharp tap - well, bash actually) to make the unit seat properly into the Kenwood. But once set up it worked a treat. Opened the packaging at about 7pm at night and eating Gordon Ramsey's delicious open mushroom ravioli dish by 8pm. Beginner's luck? I don't think so - the attachment is so easy to use and produces fantastically smooth and thin pasta sheets.

Quick tip - use semolina for dusting the rollers, your board and the finished pasta - rather than flour as generally suggested. A perfect natural non-stick that stays non-stick in the boiling water.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpfull, 21 April 2010
J. Paixo "pasta maker" (Barcelona, Catalunya) - See all my reviews
I've used it to make few sheets of pasta for ravioli and it's very helpfull, it's esay to use and the best is that you can use both hands to put the sheet into the roller and make longer sheets.
The thickness goes from 1 (thick) to 9 (thin), and for ravioli sheet I used 7, more thin its dificult to work with it
The device is beautifull and it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent attachment, 11 Jun. 2013
I am pleased I bought this attachment as it is so easy to use and gives a silky feel to the pasta once rolled. I have used semolina instead of flour when using the roller as I find this better for non stick and not as messy. It is easy to clean and just to make sure nothing is left on the rollers, I run a piece of kitchen paper through. I found the attachment fiddly to fit at first, but soon got the hang of it and now find it easy. The roller saves so much time and the quality of the pasta sheets is amazing compared to hand rolling. Changing the thickness of rolling is easy, just a slight pull and a turn to the next level. I make quite a lot of fresh pasta and this has saved me so much time. I generally roll the pasta to number 7 level and instead of just ravioli or lasagne sheets, I use my cookie cutter and pop some mince or cheese mixture in the middle, water brush the edges and create little 'dumplings' and boil them in flavoured stock. Served with freshly baked rolls they make a lovely lunch. The instruction booklet that comes with the attachment gives basic recipes for pasta and the instructions to use the attachment are straight forward. I opted for free delivery and was expecting to wait 5 days before the item came but to my surprise it came within 3 days of ordering and in time for the weekend, giving me plenty of time to use it and stock my freezer with pasta sheets and dumplings. I can highly recommend the attachment and thank Amazon for a fast and efficient service

4.0 out of 5 stars marvellous, 30 Nov. 2010
R. Mauro (Italy) - See all my reviews
Pasta maker is a dream. It work powerfully to make pasta for lasagne, cannelloni and results are excellent. What else? For me is enough and if an Italian chef is satisfied about his pasta machine...

4.0 out of 5 stars My family is fed up of lasagne, 30 May 2013
C. Sales - See all my reviews
Since getting my Kenwood and discovering how easy home made pasta is to make, I have overdone it a little with pasta based dishes!

This is a great attachment and the only reason I haven't give it five stars is because it was a teeny bit fiddly to attach initially, and I haven't quite worked out how to clean it between the rollers.

This was a great price and great fun to use. I have made enough pasta sheets to feed the five thousand, so now I have a stock in the freezer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 12 July 2010
Arrived safely; works well and does the job it was ment for, it's Very Good. Thank you, JD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality attachment, 16 May 2013
Many reviewers of this Kenwood tool write of the texture change in the pasta after its been rolled, waxing lyrical of the silk like nature/texture to the feel of the pasta. Well I've got to say the same, the pasta dough definitely responds positively to being rolled giving a more refined result.
The advantage the roller has over a hand cranked model is you can devote both hands to feeding the dough through the rollers as opposed to trying to wind and feed manually. Not the cheapest attachment but made of quality high grade chrome steel which should last barring abuse, I will be sticking with my Kenwood roller for future pasta creation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pasta maker, 24 Jan. 2014
I have a hand operated one, so when you have made the pasta, you are knackerd. This fits onto the Kenwood Chef and makes pasta so easy. 3 passes in 6 seconds, brilliant! Would recommend this !

5.0 out of 5 stars Pasta roller, 8 April 2012
Super mashine there make the work easy smooth and fast. Fit pefect for the Kenwood Chef maskine. Little bit difficult to clean but if you wait and let it dry a little it help.

5.0 out of 5 stars bob, 16 Sept. 2011
Nice piece of kit. Works very well and is solidly made. A massive improvement on the hand roller that my daughter has, and only two hands needed!