on 3 March 2004
This album was a christmas present for her fans in New Zealand back in 2001. Therefore, this album consists mostly of christmas songs (7 out of 12 to be exact). Although its not christmas, its still worth getting since some songs aren't christmassy and by the time this christmas comes a long it may be more difficult to get this album then it already is. Amazon hasn't given the track listing so here it is:
1. All I Have To Give 2. You'll Never Walk Alone 3. Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire 4. Mary Did You Know? 5. The Peace Song 6. Do You Hear What I Hear? 7. Somewhere Over The Rainbow 8. Gabriel's Message 9. Pokarekare Ana 10. Through These Eyes 11. Morning Has Broken 12. Silent Night
This albums 'Pokarekare Ana' is different to the 'Pure' version, there is better arrangement and no choir to interrupt her. 'All I Have To Give' is a Christmas song, not a Backstreet Boys cover! The same with 'The Peace Song', its not a Paul McCartney song. Its needless to say how Hayleys voice is flawless throughout the album. So give the songs a try.
0Comment|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2004
I first heard Hayley Westenra one dismal day as I was driving on the motorway. I barely paid attention to the radio when suddenly I was confronted with this 'voice.' I had never heard of Hayley before but was shaken into focus as she sang the Benedictus from The Angry Man. I have never heard a voice in one so young which possesses such clarity - it is truly a gift.I would love to think that she will find herself in the operatic world for she deserves to be there. There are some tracks which I found pleasant and enjoyable enough but she shines with the much more demanding pieces. Her Il Trutino from Carmina Burano is just wonderful.
on 16 January 2006
I recently added this to my CD collection, as I simply can't get enough of Hayley's wonderful voice. This is an interesting and varied selection of tracks. Hayley's voice hasn't quite developed to its full glory, as we know her on her album 'Pure', but it is still fantastic to listen to. It is interesting to hear Hayley sing 'Do You Hear What I Hear?' - a song she has recently sung with The Choirboys for their new album - here she sings it with her younger sister Sophie, and they really do sing well together - wonderful. I also particularly liked 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' and 'Morning Has Broken' as well as my personal favourite 'Mary Did You Know?'. I hearily recommend it.
on 2 November 2007
Hayley's amazing voice is like no other and this CD includes some superb songs to showcase it. Her "Pokarekare Ana" may well be the most stunning a cappella singing ever done! It stops people in their tracks when they hear it for the first time. "Mary Did You Know" is impossibly beautiful as well. Get this CD if you want to hear a brilliant singer early in her career.
on 31 May 2016
Bought as a gift and it was loved, good idea you can have the CD and a download version,
on 17 September 2015
If you like Hayley, you'll love the CD.
on 4 February 2016
An early album from Hayley.