5.0 out of 5 stars The de-lovely Anything Goes

1.0 out of 5 stars The CD does not play
Published 15 months ago by michael gould

5.0 out of 5 stars The de-lovely Anything Goes, 10 May 2004
This review is from: Anything Goes (2003 London Cast Recording) (Audio CD)
I have to admit I wasn't expecting to enjoy Anything Goes when I went to see it in London a few months back. But not only did I enjoy it but it prompted a return visit the other day, which is when I got a copy of the CD. The tunes are catchy & the cast exceptionally good..not a weak link in the chain. This cast recording captures the spirit of the show. It's a recording which you could enjoy without having seen the show on stage. Well recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you want quality in a musical ..., 10 Feb 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Anything Goes (2003 London Cast Recording) (Audio CD)
The music is timeless. Cole Porter was a great, and he was on top form for most of these songs, though as with any musical there is a bit of filler. There's wit and originality in the lyrics and composition, and a cliche or two. The two main soloists are excellent, but I must admit to finding a couple of the others a bit grating. However, the orchestra is as good as anything I've heard. I'm studying musicals at the moment - some I admire and some I like, but this has the highest rating across the board for me. Nearly as good as seeing it, and you do need repeated listening to catch the subtlety. There's not many musical soundtracks you can say that about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Anything Goes Soundtrack, 2 Feb 2009
N. Pettitt "amazonian" (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anything Goes (2003 London Cast Recording) (Audio CD)
If you like musicals, you'll love this soundtrack. Cole Porter's showtunes are lively, catchy and will have you wishing you were away on a cruise ship like the cast of Anything Goes. I bought this as a gift for a friend but have since been bought it myself as I was so inspired. Great CD to brighten a rainy day with fantastic vocals (lead male by John Barrowman I think) set to a big band style jazz backing.

5.0 out of 5 stars it's the tops, 16 Mar 2004
This review is from: Anything Goes (2003 London Cast Recording) (Audio CD)
we went to see this musical last night, something i wouldn't have chosen to see, although i like cole porter songs (ella sings the cole porter songbook being a favourite). however, with a mother over from australia it's hard to say no, and thank goodness we didn't. it was an amazing show, just simply 10 out of 10, and something i urge anyone to go and see if they get the chance. the soundtrack is just as infectious and even without seeing the show you'll get the idea of where it's going, i agree that there is some 'filler' in the tracks, but it's a soundtrack from a stage show and they usually have them, not off putting by any means and in my opinion slightly better, as the filler filters out the chorus comes in with a bang to round off the track, and that's what i'll be listening while driving around picadilly circus. buy it! you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cole Porter music, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Anything Goes (2003 London Cast Recording) (Audio CD)
Exactly what I expected. I love Cole Porter music and John Barrowman,even thought several numbers are on his albums. ha

5.0 out of 5 stars Good show, 17 April 2012
A. Adshead "musiclover" (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anything Goes (2003 London Cast Recording) (Audio CD)
Bought this CD as the Operatic Society I belong to is putting the show on in October. Enjoyable songs and I can sing along in the car! Toe-tapping numbers. A classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's De-lightful!, 15 Oct 2009
This review is from: Anything Goes (2003 London Cast Recording) (Audio CD)
This recording is energetic, fun and really superb. The singers sound great and the the orchestra is lovely. The highlights are, in my opinion, You're the Top and De-lovely. This has to be my favourite interpretation of You're the Top out of all the ones I've heard. This is a great modern recording of one of Broadway's classic shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anything Goes!, 21 Feb 2009
This review is from: Anything Goes (2003 London Cast Recording) (Audio CD)
Just as good as the last CD, bought after seeing the London show, which I damaged and had to replace.

1.0 out of 5 stars The CD does not play, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Anything Goes (2003 London Cast Recording) (Audio CD)
Ordered this cd .... doesnt play on our cd players... we use amazon as we live remotely - returns criteria for this item is not straight forward as we will have to travel to take it to a drop collection point for it to be returned.... rediculous!!!! which will also cost us more money!!! good way to get away with selling faulty goods as far as I am concerned.... disgraceful.

Anything Goes (2003 London Cast Recording)
Anything Goes (2003 London Cast Recording) by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2003)
Click for more info