on 29 December 2003
It's hard to believe that a British student band could ever have had such an effect on people all over the world. That is, until Coldplay came along. In just two albums, its clear that Coldplay are the world's biggest band. This Australian live show, along with a tour diary that encompasses USA, Britain, Europe and Australia proves Coldplay's world dominance. The live show here is the killer, a blistering live set of greatest hits and little known tunes. Even with the little known tunes, the band can still get the audience going mad, and this is shown in the enthusiasm of the Australian audience.
Even if you don't like Coldplay, i can recommend this DVD to everyone. It's a great gift for every Coldplay fan, but also a good introduction to the band, the music, and the domination.
on 19 October 2003
Coldplay have taken the world by storm very very fast, especially since the release of their second album 'A Rush of Blood to the Head'. The world tour which was already going to be massive had to be lengthened considerably in order to keep all of the bands fans from around the world happy. There were frequently new dates being added throughout 2002 and 2003. The bands success is due not only to their incredibly heartfelt, beautiful music, but their dazzling live shows, as this DVD prooves. It comes with some of the bands greatest songs and one of their many new songs 'Moses'. The setlist is as follows:
Politik
Clocks
In My Place
Amsterdam
Life Is For Living
As well as this the DVD comes with an audio CD of a select few of the best of the above songs. Topped off with some no doubt insightful behind the scenes tour diaries, this DVD will hopefully keep many-a-coldplay fan happy until album three!!!
on 15 January 2014
Fantastic album, playing to their captive audience with such energy. Once I'd started playing it I didn't want it to end, felt I was there at the venue, awesome performance with all the great tracks played with to perfection.
on 25 March 2004
What else can be said for Coldplay, SIMPLY AWESOME! Saw the concert live, this DVD manages to bring the atmosphere of the Barcelona arena into my home!! Amazing! Carry on the good work boys...until the next album, cant wait.
on 11 November 2003
This is possibley the best live performance of the year caught on dvd!!!!!! I saw them at T in The Park, it was incredible, brings back loads of memories. The set was very similiar to this one. The version of yellow is brilliant and every other song is amazing. I ask myself how someone can be responsible for so much creativity. The live cd is gr8 too, I can believe i got it free!!! What a BARGAIN!! Coldplay fans HAVE to buy it and any other non-believers should buy it too, then you will BELIEVE!!
on 25 August 2004
I won`t question the performance I saw 12 of these performances on this tour here and in the states..I will question this mediocre video..I thought Rush had made mistakes with the Rio video but here we have conclusive proof once again that some artist simply dont care or understand how to make a live video work..At least on the rush video you can see the band and hear them..did somone unplug the bass guitar and the kick drum from the mixing desk when this was recorded and which bright spark though it would be good to film the concert through portable hand helds on maximum zoom in total darkness...Great grain guys..
As a reminder of the tour..poor
As a tribute to a brilliant band..Pathetic
on 28 February 2016
This is obviously a very talented band captured powerfully here. I sure wish there was a bit of a change of tempo here and there. Lots of repeated notes and chords with singing reminiscent of Michael Stipe. This is basically a ballads outfit. But I don't want to be churlish. If you're a fan I doubt you'll be disappointed. Watch out for the packaging as the CD and DVD come out at different ends using a clever internal mechanism.
on 22 November 2003
Okay so im a little biased as i absolutely adore Coldplay. If you like their music in any way shape or form and you like live performance then buy this and prepare for some top entertainment. Loads of extras including a long tour documentary and song lyrics. Class.
on 9 March 2004
Being one of the lucky people to see Coldplay live last year, I was a little bit dissapointed to recieve this as a christmas present, and it spent a wee while collecting dust on the shelf. When I eventually had the time to sit and watch I was blown away, HOW WRONG I WAS!!!! This is one of the finest live DVDs I've ever seen. Rarely is the genuine pleasure that a gig can bring captured on the small screen, but this DVD really manages to convey the emotions you feel when your there!! At times, so beautiful it hurts, the genuine class of this band never ceases to amaze me!!! The edition with the Live CD is particularly good, as you can simply repeat the new stuff over and over, 'See you Soon'is my personal favourite!!! The special features are also impressive on the DVD, and with the lyrics link, you can have a damn good sing along with your mates, or even try to hit the high notes of 'Shiver' on your own!!!! Coldplay rule!!!! As so does this DVD!!!!
on 22 November 2003
Okay, im biased, i absolutely adore coldplay. If you like their music, and you like live performance, then buy it and be prepared for top entertainment. loads of extras too, including a long documentary and song lyrics. superb.