5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable....though this comment is biased !
As an Organist myself, I daresay this is the ONE AND ONLY CD that sort of opened my ears and BURST inside...

I mean:

Published 20 months ago by Djeff from France

2.0 out of 5 stars mislabelled?
I don't know if the packet is mislabeled or the wrong piece of music recorded but this "organ barrel symphonony" doesn't seem to be the same as my other recordings.

Otherwise the rest of the CD seems to be correct.
Published on 11 Oct 2010 by James Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable....though this comment is biased !, 12 Nov 2012
This review is from: Saint-Saens: Symphony No.3 "Organ"; Bacchanale from "Samson et Dalila"; Prélude from "Le Déluge"; Danse macabre (DG The Originals) (Audio CD)

I mean:

- there's high grade HiFi equipment in my living room ( or else a pair of Professional BEYER Studio quality DT 990 Pro Headphones....but in that case...beware of your listening capabilities afterwards :-)) You might have to see a specialised surgeon !

- this seems to be the ONLY Cd recorded with the mighty Organ , not of a Concert Hall -as gorgeous as they may be....Eschenbach, etc -

but on myriad of pipes played by the late French (blind) organist Gaston LITAIZE

ON THE SPLENDID INSTRUMENT OF CHARTRES CATHEDRAL in France !!! .....

So that it first implied some tricks from the audio engineers , as I think Gaston Litaize was wearing headphones on the organ loft, in which he heard the orchestra !
But once diverse problems were solved out, you can understand an organ playing alongside with the recorded echo of a massive Cathedral like that one,

CAN'T BE COMPARED to the overall rendering of EVEN the MOST BEAUTIFUL organ inside the MOST BEAUTIFUL Concert Hall (in which the acoustics are designed to keep
any echo to a strict minimum...).

And as the recorded frequencies on that CD nearly extend DOWN to the lowest sounds one can draw from one or several 32foot Pedal Stops : just imagine the result !

Now, YES : if you play that record too loud, there's a REAL risk of being NO LONGER on speaking terms with your neighbours .....(lol)

Conclusion : other versions of Saint-Saens's Symphony ARE beautiful....but none will ever be equal to Barenboim and Litaize !

Incidentally, don't rely on me for breaking glasses or a window in the living room to make myself clear (lol, again...).

With my very best greetings from Southern France,

John.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant recording, 1 Jun 2014
M. C. Digby "Mark" (East Anglia) - See all my reviews
Very exciting, fast and furious and the CHARTRES CATHEDRAL organ magnificent, just got the edge on the competition for me
Excellent service all round as always..

5.0 out of 5 stars Saint-Saens: Symphony No.3 "Organ", 4 July 2013
We had this version of the symphony on a record and hadn't been able to play it after the turntable stopped working. We did listen to a number of different versions, some of which were slower, but still preferred this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars mislabelled?, 11 Oct 2010
James Wells "Cambyses" (KSA) - See all my reviews

Otherwise the rest of the CD seems to be correct.