5.0 out of 5 stars Its beautiful and it works!
Published on 4 Jan 2007 by Fiona

Published on 18 Mar 2007 by Helen RP

1.0 out of 5 stars Squirrels and pigeons love this but other birds are scared to death, 18 Mar 2007
This review is from: Eva Solo Bird Table (Garden & Outdoors)
This was the most disappointing buy ever. It was very expensive and, although beautiful, absolutely useless. Squirrels have no problem climbing up the pole (even though I covered it with vaseline). Small birds are terrified of the glass and never use it. Rain collects in the base and makes the seed mouldy or start sprouting. I have never been so cross with an inanimate object! Don't buy it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice to Look at but Not Much Use, 27 Sep 2005
This review is from: Eva Solo Bird Table (Garden & Outdoors)
This is a beautiful design to look at but couldn't have been product tested very effectively. It took our squirrel no time at all to climb up the pole and dislodge all the seed onto the ground. It immediately attracted a huge number of pigeons who took ages to go after we'd stopped using it. The glass bowl is heavy and pole quite slight so it will sway in the wind. The bowl can be used as an unusual vase when it becomes apparent that it doesn't do well as a bird feeder. All in all a rather expensive mistake.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pigeon heaven, 14 Jun 2004
This review is from: Eva Solo Bird Table (Garden & Outdoors)
Purchased this bird table thinking it would be an interesting change to the usual type but unfortunately the pigeons figured out that you can land on the top of the glass dome and shake it and all the food comes out and then they tell all their friends to come along and the whole garden ends up full of pigeons, I have now had to stop using it. They were scaring all the lovely small birds away from my garden.
If you don't like pigeons like me, don't buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its beautiful and it works!, 4 Jan 2007
Fiona (Belfast, Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Eva Solo Bird Table (Garden & Outdoors)
This is far superior to the wooden table feeder we took down last year, and a million times better than a ground "hopper" we tried. Through fine weather and foul it has stayed put even lasting through last weeks 80mph winds! I fill it up when its completely empty which has been approx. every 3 months. I use sunflower seeds and the birds love them! It is placed near enough to a hedge that shy birds will use it, we now have more different varieties than ever before visiting. It is expensive but has been worth it to me to see all the birds in our suburban garden. We do not have squirrels but we do have blackbirds/magpies/pigeons etc and none of them use it, they preferred the wooden tables.
UPDATE 09/03/11: Its still up, still working and am thinking of getting another one.

4.0 out of 5 stars London pigeons are less intelligent, 30 Nov 2004
This review is from: Eva Solo Bird Table (Garden & Outdoors)
Unlike the previous reviewer I haven't encountered a problem with pigeons - presumably London pigeons are less intelligent. With the classic wooden bird tables we have always suffered the pigeon problem. This table has proved very successful in attracting small birds to a small London garden, and has the advantage that it is also squirrel proof - provided its placed sufficiently far from any tree or wall a squirrel can jump from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eva Solo Bird Table, 25 Oct 2009
This review is from: Eva Solo Bird Table (Garden & Outdoors)
Not only an eye catching object for your garden, it actually works, the birds love it. The glass dome needs to be handled carefully, we broke the first one after a couple of years use but liked it so much that we've bought another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and effective bird feeder, 4 Mar 2010
This review is from: Eva Solo Bird Table (Garden & Outdoors)
I was bought this as an unexpected present and I love it. It is beautiful to look at and the birds love it - we now have far more song birds and others in the garden as a result. I wonder if it has been redesigned given the negative comments from some other users who had the item some years ago. The wood pigeons in our garden can't eat from it (although they do eat the seeds that fall off) and can't balance on it. We have watched a squirrel attempt to shin up the pole but slide back down before reaching the top (wish we had a video camera to hand). All in all highly recommended addition to the garden and so much more attractive then a conventional bird table.

ARRAY(0x11440edc)