on 17 March 2007
I have just upgraded to Office 2007 but find myself still using 2003 Pro.

Why? It's just that good. The layout is by far the best out of all the office products, and the menu driven system allows you to create very professional work with little input. There are even templates and wizards to help you along the way. All the major office programs are here except FrontPage, which most people wouldn't use anyway, unless into web design.

Overall, I have given it 5 stars as it is the best value for money as well as being a very complete office package.

Recommended!
on 5 May 2009
One of the two disks sent by BananaSoft of Microsoft Office 2003 was unreadable. This was replaced quickly, but the substitute sent had the same problems. Although advertised as new and the box shrink wrapped, the discs had signs of usage. On the second occasion I got no response to my emails of complaint. A refund was communicated by Amazon but has not yet arrived.
on 10 March 2004
This the latest version of Office is the best version that I have seen to date. All the other versions have been unrelible and unstable. This version has corrected most of the bugs that were in office XP. And compared to Office 2000 2003 is much better than this version. Microsoft have also given a new approach to the design of the toolbars and graphics that make this product stand out above all the other versions of office
on 29 January 2006
I've been using Microsoft Office on a professional, daily basis for twelve years (I earn my living by writing, so I "live" in Microsoft Word for extended periods during the day).
But recently I've stopped using Microsoft Office products altogether, for the simple reason that the latest release of OpenOffice is now every bit as good. It uses open-standard file formats, can read/write Microsoft Office file formats, and is built by a reputable company (Sun Microsystems). It can even write Adobe PDF documents - which is very useful. Most remarkably of all, it costs absolutely nothing! It is a completely free download off the Internet from it's own official web site. It's not even a "trial" version - you get the whole thing for free, to keep.
So take a long look at OpenOffice before you spend any money on Microsoft's offering. You'd be mad not to.
55 comments|123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 July 2013
At one time the suites produced by Microsoft were the worst, but they gradually improved until by 2003 they were among the best.. Sales were assisted by the fact tha Word became to preferred word-processing programme for publishers and editors. Though the suite was not particularly cheap, it did everything most authors and publishers required.
Those who purchased computers recently will have noticed that the suite is no longer for sale, but must be leased at an annual charge. You have to pay as much for 1 year as you did formerly for the life of the computer.

What commercial sense this makes for Microsoft I cannot say for Sun System's OpenOffice is equally could and can saft to Word format if that is required
on 14 October 2009
I was completely satisfied with the product. This was a replacement for Office 2003. I was considering the next one up (2007) but when I gave it the 60 day trial is was far to complex for my needs. So, with the skill of long use I returned to the system I know and am now completely happy with Office Professional 2003.
on 30 November 2011
This is an excellent product includes Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Powerpoint, Access. I have got used to the format of Office 2003 and was very please that you can still buy a genuine MICROSOFT RETAIL-BOXED SHRINK SEALED UK LICENSED PRODUCT from prosoftwareshop on Amazon UK. I ordered the boxed product on Sunday and it was delivered by Royal Mail on Tuesday perfectly packaged.
on 8 December 2009
I was impressed with the way Robert Fulch communicated with me throughout the shipment, the care and cost he devoted to packaging and sending the software, and in addition, I appreciated the helpful documentation note shipped with the disk. I should be glad to order from this vendor again, and indeed, I am looking for a professional version of Windows XP, if he can find one for me.
on 16 February 2005
I bought Office Professional with the specific intention of using Outlook as my email provider. Unfortunately this particular version has a number of bugs and potentially conflicts with Norton antivirus.
The problem is that Outlook from time to time does not send out emails in the Outbox a problem that appears to occur on a random basis, but more often when an email in the outbox is re-edited.
There does not appear to be a fix for this on the Microsoft site and the software developers seem to be unclear how to resolve this problem. After hours of frustation trying to get Outlook to send out a set of emails, I finally gave up and downloaded a free emailing package call Thunderbird from Mozilla, which does all I need.
on 6 September 2013
Without doubt the best and most user-friendly version of Office.

Bought for a new Windows 7 laptop, works fine. No installation problems or workarounds like mentioned in other comments, it went straight in and worked first time.

Buy it !!