1 fille & 4 types
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£5.65+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 23 March 2006
I love D'Eux & S'il Suffisait...but this album is truly the best thing Celine has ever done. I love almost everything she does but to me Celine is two different artists. In French her phrasing and fluidity are just heavenly. I wish the English speaking world knew this Celine cos they're missing out thinking of her as just a Titanic star. In English she is outstanding, in French she is flawless & this grown-up Francophone offering is truly a culminiation towards which she has been working for years. From these many years of working with JJ Goldman et al they know her inside out and know exactly what to do with her.
Each track is a highlight though my faves would have to be 6. Je t'aime encore, 7. Retiens-moi, & 8. Je lui dirai which I almost crashed my car singing along to. Des milliers de baisers is beautiful. Just buy this album...& even if you don't get it all the first time round PUT IT ON AGAIN - it changes with every listen. You may need to invest a bit of time on this album but getting to know it is great and the rewards are out of this world!
on 13 October 2003
After 'A New Day Has Come' and 'One Heart' Celine is back at her best! Although both albums have some good tracks (I'm Alive and Faith) they were not really 'my Celine'. I really love her 'Deux' album which I think is her best but this is a close second and I've only heard it about three times! I don't know what it is about Celine singing in French but her voice is much more powerful yet subdued and full of mystique probably because I don't have a clue what she is singing about really.
I urge you to buy this album and judge for yourselves. Welcome back Celine, at last!
on 20 March 2010
The 2003 French language album by Celine Dion 1 file & 4 Types (1 Girl & 4 Guys) her 21st French album and 30th in total. On this album Celine worked with 3 established French writers/composers and an artistic director, Jacques Veneruso, Erick Benzi, Gildas Arzel and Jean-Jacques Goldman, they accompany Celine through the whole album, both instrumentally and on some tracks vocally.
The album features three covers "Tu nages" - originally by Anggun (2000), "Retiens-moi" - by Nanette Workman (1996), and "Rien N'est Vraiment fini" - by Leyla Doriane (2000).

I must start by saying I love it, the songs are brilliant and I play it very often. Its no surprise that the album was met with positive reviews. However I didn't agree some parts of the albums ALLmusic review which said ''gone are the majority of the near-patented diva hysterics and howls and arriving in their place is a voice that values dynamics over acrobatics'' I feel this statement is a personal opinion and expressed as a distaste to Celine's trademark vocals which I happen to like. There are some moments on the album when Celine does use those vocals as in 'Ne Bouge Pas' (Not moving) - just before that wicked guitar solo, Je T'aime Encore (I love You still) - powerful vocals during the climax and 'Des milliers de baisers' (A thousand kisses) - at the end.
Later in the review when it said ''The band is stripped down (comparatively) to its bare essentials...taking Dion into relatively unfamiliar territories such as country-pop and folk'' i do agree with this statement as the overall sound of the album is very organic, emotional and very down to earth, the reason for this is because of its heavily masculine influence.

Highlights for me personally on the album was the fantastic pop/rock opener 'Tout l'or Des Hommes'(All the men's gold) written by Jacques Veneruso, the video for which was directed by Yannick Saillet, was shot in May 2003 in the Mojave Desert and released in October 2003. Quite rightly it spent eight weeks at number one on the Quebec singles chart, certified silver in France for selling 125,000 and became the highest charting French-language single on the Canadian Singles Chart ever, peaking at number 2. Le vol d'un Ange' (the flight of an angel) is a beautiful, soft emotional ballad with a great meledy and beautiful word phasing, then theres your rocking 'Ne Bouge Pas'(Not moving), another ballad Je T'aime Encore' (I love you still) again beautiful and with powerful vocals for the climax of the song, Retiens-moi (Hold me) a warm
Smooth, mid-tempo song, `Mon Homme' (My man) very romantic and calm song with wonderful vocals and a nice build up, Rien N'est Vraiment Fini' (Nothing is really over) an intense mid-tempo song, again with both a beautiful medley, build up and vocals, Contre Nature' (against nature) great base line, catchy vocals, but its the guitar solo I love on that track and finally 'Des Millers Des Baisers' (A thousand kisses) I love the darkness on this track and the mystery and it almost most certainly works with the male vocals and a great conclusion to the album, there is also a hidden track on the album after 'Des Milliers Des Baisers' where its just Celine and the 'guys' harmonising with an acoustic guitar accompanying there singing on a demo like recording, I couldn't think of a better finisher to this wonderful quality album.

I want to finish by saying that its a real shame foreign language music isn't sold commercially (in shops) in the UK that because of the 'language barrier' all foreign language music is ignored, and I think its sad that we overlook such great music.
on 8 November 2003
Celine's finally released a new french album - her first since she came back from her break and since she became a mommy, and she doesn't disappoint. The album is packed full of amazing songs of various tempos, there are upbeat songs, country-sounding songs, and her classic ballads. Theres something on here for everyone. Whether you speak French or not doesn't matter. The sheer beauty of Celine's voice makes the language barrier irrelevant. If you love good music you can't help but love this album. Buy it - you won't regret it. Celine at her best!!!
on 23 March 2006
on 13 January 2012
on 6 October 2003
What a WONDERFUL album !
1] Tout l'or des hommes : a catchy song with a great chorus but a little bit repetitive.
2]Apprends-moi : great song. She sings this song with the authors who worked with her for this album that is to say Jean Jacques Goldman, Gildas Arzel, Jacques veneruso, Eric Benzi.
3]Le vol d'un ange : Wonderful song. Great Lyrics. She sings this song perfectly (no scream)
4]Ne bouges pas : I love this song, it sounds country at the beginning and then guitars appear and make it sounds rock. Brilliant!
5] Tu nages : beautiful song. great lyrics
6]Je t'aime encore : This is the french version of the song which is on One heart. the french one is better than the english one because of the emotion she gives to the song.
7] Retiens-moi : I don't like so much this song but its souns correct
8]Je lui Dirai : The best song on the album. The song sounds Celtic with the violins. A catchy song with great lyrics, she talks about René Charles her son.
9]Mon homme: I didn't hear it
10]Rien n'est vraiment fini: I didn't hear it
11] Contre nature : Great song with great lyrics perfectly sung by celine
12]Des milliers de baisers : I didn't hear it
13] Valse Adieu : A ghost track a great song to close the best album of celine dion.
To sum up : Wonderful, creative, beautiful voice.
So buy it, i'm sure you can become a huge fan of celine with this album.
on 20 April 2012
I was never a fan of Celine Dion .... I can still never hear 'My Heart Will Go On' without it setting my teeth on edge. So when a mate started enthusing about Celine singing in French I wasn't convinced .... and then I heard this. It's a completely different experience to the Celine of overblown ballads and cheesy dance numbers. This is marvellous. Since hearing this I've chased a few of Celines French albums and all I can say is that the French really know what to do with her. However this remains my favourite. It came as a surprise that Celine had a completely alternative career as a French artist .... Different songs ... a different style ... a different look ..... Imagine Morrissey having an alternative career as Jason Donovan and you start to get the picture. It doesn't matter if you don't understand French .... It's the voice, the melodies and the fantastic production. Take a risk on this, I'd be surprised if you didn't like it.
on 6 October 2003
this is Celine dion's first French album in 5 years! she comes back with a new look , a new sound with more guitars ,and not 13 ballads on the same album as she used to! we feel that this artist has grown a lot since she's become a mum, and it shows in the way she sings her new material!
the first single of this album "1 fille & 4 types" ,translated " a girl & 4 lads" ,is "tout l'or des hommes" ,translated " all men's gold" is simply terrific! in the song , Celine talks about the wars one can go through and the way he gets over them when he has that sepcial someone by his side! the video is just WICKED! it takes place in the desert " Neveda"! Celine is playing the role of the leading singer of an unknown band ,composed of a female singer and 4 musicians! the five of them make small gigs in cafés , bars, anywhere! we see Celine and her band in their hotel room having a pillow fight and then celine goes first to the bathroom ,in the morning ,and let the guys wait for her to fifnish ,so that they can shower!
then suddenly ,there seems to be a problem with their car ,so they try to stop a truck or something to take them to the gig place! when the band is on the truck ,Celine 's song comes to an end and we see the truck driver turning the radio on ,and we hear country music ,mainly with harmonica!
this album's just great! i had the chance to listen to some tracks and i can tell you it's worth listening to it!
buy it ,you won't be disappointed!
Celine Rules !!
on 1 November 2003
This French album is undoubtedly the best of Celine DION. I am in France and I must explain you, who are these 4 types. First of all Jean-Jacques GOLDMAN who is the largest salesman of albums on our premises, the best composer-songwriter French. It writes for many people and one of the artists is preferred of the French. It is the third album which he writes for Céline: a LARGE of the French song. The 3 other "types" are 3 of these friends: Gildas Arzel (one of the best French guitarist), Jacques Vénéruso (one of the best French composer-songwriter) and Erick Benzi (guitarist, composer-songwriter and realizer of all the albums of Goldman and those of French Céline).
This album is évenement in France because it marks the return of Celine singing in French and the return of Goldman (which is very often not shown, very discrete, which one adores for this). Buy it, for the authors, the singer and especially the French language (the most beautiful language in song in the world!).
Run to buy it!!!