4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd given it a miss
Published on 8 Mar 2012 by geordie

3.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd given it a miss, 8 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Remixes (Audio CD)
I've gone three stars as I accept it was my fault for buying the album in the first place when I knew exactly what I was getting - the title isn't exactly cryptic or misleading is it!? Problem I have here is that I am a huge fan of the original songs and so for me its just messing about with perfection, the old adage of if it isn't broke don't fix it holds true in my mind. Nothing wrong with the album, nothing wrong with the remixes, it just isn't as good as the original.

In my opinion if you are a stone roses fan this is one to avoid but each to their own!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, 3 July 2006
A. C. Maitland "MOOT" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Remixes (Audio CD)
This is a good CD, however, i was thinking that the songs would have been remixed into a more indie dance way such as the Happy Mondays and what not. Both versions of Fools Gold on the CD are good as they have a more dancy feel to them, but the rest of the tracks seem to be quite chilled out. Elizabeth My Dear is a classic however, better than the 50 odd seconds that we get in the Roses' first album. I do recommend this to anyone though. A good CD overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT MIXES OF CLASSIC SONGS!!, 7 Jan 2009
Jason Thorne (England / Oxford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Remixes (Audio CD)
Great album with some top draw mixes of all the classic songs, for me Waterfall stood out. At the end of the day you can't beat the original versions but this is worthy of a slot in anybodys Stone Roses cd collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Remix, 3 July 2007
This review is from: The Remixes (Audio CD)
Can't beat the originals but there are some great alternatives on here, especially the two versions of Waterfall. Certainly one for the collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dare I say...not as good?, 29 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Remixes (Audio CD)
A great album, but for once, you are probably better off buying the original albums? Still, nice to listen to in the car...enough said?

The Remixes
The Remixes by The Stone Roses (Audio CD - 2004)