5.0 out of 5 stars The Rolls Royce of Cookware
I have dreamed of owning a Le creuset caserole for years. My mum has a set and I have always admired the beauty and versatility of them.
Thanks to Amazon I found this one for a snip at some £40 odd and snapped their hands off.
Published on 6 Feb 2006 by Laura Hulland

3.0 out of 5 stars Le Creuset 24 cm
Great pot but a boit disappointed by the fct that the bottom is uneven so cooking oil flows to edges.
Published 22 months ago by Derrygeel

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rolls Royce of Cookware, 6 Feb 2006
I dont care what people say, the Mocha colour is lovely. It goes lovely on my table with my chocolate brown tablewear and cooks beautifully.
I keep it pride of place on the hob and nearly everyone who walks in my kitchen comments on it and how they would love one.
I love it and would recomend this 24cm size for a family. Not too big and not too small. I can cook a large caserole for 6 people no problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, heavy and hard wearing, 15 May 2003
Mr. N. C. Watts "NickWatts" (Saddleworth, Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these several months ago.
They're much heavier that they look. I should know, I carried round Manchester from the cookshop to the car!
Since then it's been used for all kind of different things, stews, chilli, even Mulled Wine.
It cleans up really easily, hand washed or through the dishwasher, and still looks brand new.
Yes, it is quite expensive, but you really do get what you pay for - decent quality & hard wearing.
I expect this will still look just as new in several years time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Size and a Lovely Colour, 20 Jan 2013
I already have a 22 and a 28cm casserole dish. The 22 I tend to use as an extra saucepan, as being a family of three it is a bit too small for anything else. The 28 is huge and sometimes you just don't need that, so I wanted one in the middle of those and this is just the ticket.

As usual good price from Amazon, far cheaper than anywhere else. I got a warehouse deal on this and only paid £74.00.

The colour is lovely. I have gone for a blended Le Creuset collection and have got my items in this the Cassis, Cobalt Blue (which they don't make anymore, but the current Graded Blue is almost exactly the same,) and teal.

This one, despite the picture, actually has the stainless steel knob, which is different from everything else I have. But, it makes it look really modern and if I decide I want the black one, I know Le Creuset sell them separately.

This holds just enough and is another great item for your one pot cooking, it really is from hob to oven. I admire the fact that Le Creuset offer a lifetime warranty on their cast iron/enamel products.

As always, this washes up really well, and they are dishwasher safe. However, I have yet to put any of mine in the dishwasher as I like to wash and dry them and put away.

Like all Le Creuset don't use metal utensils with this. I use sillicone (in fact I recently bought some Le Creuset silicone spatulas, they look lovely and work really well, except are wooden handled so can't go in dishwasher.)

The one thing I have learnt is that despite checking it out on the web, and it seeming that you can, don't use a bamix with these dishes. I did, and now have a small amount of damage to the bottom of one of my dishes. I think where the metal must have knocked the bottom. It's a shame, as I now have all these expensive casserole dishes and an expensive bamix, but have to keep my old M&S casserole dish to make homemade soup for fear of damaging these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 12 Aug 2012
I had been thinking about buying a le creuset casserole for a long time but felt I couldn't really justify the expense. Then I was given an Amazon gift voucher and decided to take the plunge.
Since I bought it, this casserole has been in almost daily use as a saucepan and casserole and it is big enough to hold a medium chicken for roasting. It cleans up beautifully both in the dish washer and when hand washed, and is amazingly non stick. It is worth every penny, and I'm glad I went for the original, and not a cheap copy.
I bought it through the Amazon warehouse system, which I was not aware of before. This showed up on the listing as a used item, but when I checked the description, it was new, just in a damaged box. This meant I had it from Amazon, with all the usual guarantees and free delivery, but at a discounted price of £77. I will certainly keep an eye out for other items like this, after all I just put the box straight into the recycling!
All in all, I am really pleased with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars 25 years old and still going strong!, 15 Aug 2014
Without exception - the greatest pan I've ever owned.
After growing up and seeing this pan being used for many different dishes on a regular basis, even at a young age I understood that this was a good pan. I was fortunate to inherit it several years ago and now having experienced using it myself for so many different foods (used most nights of the week), for a 25 year old pan I'm amazed to say that it's not aged - aside from a little discolouration.
These are not cheap pans, but more than worth the investment if you do a lot of cooking, and are willing to put in just a little more TLC than some cookware might need. I use this most days for cooking all sorts of dishes, and it's yet to let me down. I've made some errors, raising the temperature a bit too much, leaving it unattended for just a couple of minutes too long, but even with a solid burn with some time, baking soda and (gentle!) elbow grease it can be restored to its former glory. You love it, you respect it and you get some fantastic food out of it in return - recommended to all!

5.0 out of 5 stars 24 cm ROUND Casserole., 20 Feb 2007
COLOUR : Matt finish 'SATIN BLACK', with black interior (*) complete with lid, offset by the smart new stainless steel knob.

Approximate capacity : 4.2L

Sturdily boxed, with full CAST IRON/SATIN BLACK use & care instructions supplied.

(*)

'Cleaning Satin Black Enamel

* Do not attempt to remove the patina (the brownish black film) which is produced on a satin black surface. This enhances the cooking performance and food release from the surface.
* Always cool the hot pan for a few minutes before washing.
* When possible rinse the pan in hot water and wipe over the surface with a damp cloth. This may be possible if the pan is used for regular cooking of foods where the food residues are minimal. For more thorough washing use hot soapy water, then rinse and dry thoroughly, this will not affect the patina.
* To remove stubborn or sticky residues fill the warm pan with warm water and leave to soak for 10-15 minutes. Wash, rinse and dry in the usual way.
* A washing up brush can be useful to remove small food deposits, or for cleaning between the ribs on grills. Do not use any scourers or abrasive cleaners on the cooking surface.
* Exterior marks, such as burnt on fat deposits, can be lightly scoured using a nylon pad, or can be cleaned off with regular use of the Le Creuset Pots and Pans cleaner, do not use on matt black exteriors.
* All metal handled pans can be washed in the dishwasher but this greatly reduces the build up of the patina.....'

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving it!, 10 Dec 2009
Mr. Thomas Bathgate "Tom" (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
I love this pot, its amazing!

Hold 3.3l and is wide and shallow, perfect for making lots of stuff.

It comfortably holds enough food for 4 people. You can easily get 4 chicken legs or chicken breasts at one time to brown.

It's very heavy and you can just tell it's a quality product.

Very shiny, the lid get covered in finger prints very quickly but they wipe straight off.

Straight out the box, washed and cooked straight away and nothing sticks to it.

Only thing that annoyed me was all the instructions, guarantee and leaflet in the box were in Chinese.

But very happy and highly recommend this! I got it when it was reduced to £60

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 9 Oct 2009
Bought this because of the excellent price and have wanted for ages.
Ideal for casseroles, bolognese, chilli's etc.
Used nearly everyday since arrived and can't imagine cooking without it.
Excellant buy and fantastic price and delivery quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Colour and Nice Size for a Family of 4 Meal, 21 July 2012
A. Smith (Lancs, England) - See all my reviews
Superb pot, lovely colour, easy to clean even if your food burns, no need to oil pan before use, quality second to none... They heat up slower than aluminium sauce pans, but distribute the heat better and retain the heat for longer; therefor suitable for many types of cooking (browning, braising, reducing, caramelizing, making soups, etc), and of course great for slow cooking. I personally use them a lot in Asian (Thai & Indonesian) and French cooking.

I got my Le Crueset Cast Iron Casserole pots some 3 years ago. I started off with 1 and quickly became 8 in different sizes and colours. I ordered them online, but not through Amazon, and all of them arrived in the best of condition and quality.

The 24 cm pot is a good size casserole pot for a family of 4, it would probably fit a small chicken in.

As with other Cast Iron products this pot is heavy, so if you have weak muscles or back like I do, you will need someone to help you out with this pot in the kitchen.

To give you some idea, below are my Red 24cm Pot's specifications (approx.):

Portion : 4-5
Volume : 4.2L
Lid weight : 1.55 kg
Pot weight : 2.45kg
Total weight : 4 kg
Height : 10.5 cm
Max oven temperature : the black phenolic lid knob up to 190C/375F, but Integral cast iron handles or stainless steel knobs can be used at 230C/446F or higher.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality product from Le Creuset, 10 April 2012
This review is from: Le Creuset Cast Iron Round Casserole, 24 cm - Volcanic (Kitchen & Home)
This is everything you expect from Le Creuset, robust, versatile, and great quality. It is a large pan that could easily serve 4. Great for stews and even small roasts. The volcanic colour is as vibrant as ever and I always find that it cleans up nicely.

A happy 'pro' with this dish (although irrelevant to some), is that the lid also fits Le Creuset Tarte Tatin Dish, Volcanic, which is not supplied with a lid.