Format: DVD|Change

on 28 December 2010
We finished watching the entire series, and enjoyed it to the end. Something we don't always manage. It is very much of it's time, so young viewers might find it odd! However, the girls are sympathetic characters and retain one's interest. Worth a view.
on 1 February 2010
I remember the TV series x 2 in the 70's and the DVD's are great to watch and remember. Well worth it!
on 19 January 2015
A real blast from the past ! It is 70's TV with really familiar actors at the start of their careers. These DVDs area commentary on the 70's fashion, life style and politics. The music is dated, but toe tapping. Just enjoy for the reminiscence value.
on 8 November 2013
Been toying with the idea of purchasing this dvd for years but never got around to it. The sound was not great and required turning up to an extremely high level, but I am really glad that I finally took the plunge. Extremely enjoyable series.
on 25 August 2014
I loved this show when it was originally on the telly and never went out till I watched the latest episode. The songs are fab and in my opinion Julie Covington's version of " Don't cry for me Argentina " is streets ahead of all other versions. Great Show, great singing and music. A special piece of Telly History.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 September 2013
Dated but still a very telling story about how the music business worked back in the 70's (and probably still does). I watched it as a young teen and even then knew that the two main actors, Rula Lenska and Charlotte Cornwell were not very good singers. The part where they are told to do the wartime themes is really cringemaking. I missed a few episodes as in those days we did not have a video machine and if you were out when these progammes were on there were no repeats to catch up with. All in all, a not very expensive look back at a past programming event, shown on maintime tv. The second series is slicker than the first but that shows changing technology more than better writing which in general is dire. All through they refer to money as 'bread'. I grew up in the 70's and never heard that expression in real life! All in all I laughed through the awful first series and then took notice of the storyline more in the second. I gave it 4 stars more for it's 'hey guys, let's do a show' naffness than anything else but it reminded me of the 1970's fashions (which were not all bell bottoms).

Just remember, it was a drama series based on fringe theatre about musicians not a musical in itself and watch it on that basis.
on 13 February 2011
Widows - Complete Box Set - Series 1 and 2 [DVD]

Thoroughly enjoyed this when it was first on TV in the 80's love Julie Covington, it was when they used to make good entertainment on TV and also bought back good memories
on 12 October 2012
why are a number of people clearly reviewing a show that is not Rock Follies and is apparently a show/series about widows who are criminals. That is not at all the Rock Follies I know and love!!!
on 16 October 2015
This is a very Nostalgic Trip Down Memory Lane, & if you buy this boxset then be sure to also buy the follow on series `She`s Out`. A must have for anyone who remembers this when it was on the tv many moons ago...
on 29 December 2015
thanks this arrived on time and what like brand new didn't work on my blue-ray player but worked on my mums normal dvd playeer so just thought i would write that incase people wondered if it worked on blue-ray