5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome - A must for a rock music fan
This is a must for all you old school music lovers! This Album uptimises rock it takes you back to the legends that started the whole phenominan and also brings you some of the new but still awsome songs!
You will trully enjoy this album if you enjoy ROCK music
Published on 13 May 2005 by Carwyn Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Air repeats?
I don't want to deny that the music is good - for the most part it is, though it's really difficult to fathom a 'method' in the compilation (more of that later).
I should discuss the content; a mixture of new and old, you'll need to look hard for 'air riffs'.
Published on 24 Dec 2003 by Kendra Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome - A must for a rock music fan, 13 May 2005
You will trully enjoy this album if you enjoy ROCK music

5.0 out of 5 stars woo hoo!, 26 Nov 2003
This review is from: The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...Ever! (Audio CD)
a fantastic album, had me up bouncing on the bed with my air guitar by the time 'Summer of 69' came on. A great selection of classic (i hate using the word old) and new tunes that will have you and your dad shaking your heads in that Ozzy Osbourne-type way, hair going all over the place whilst pretending you're Pete Townshend. Just a word of warning: move away from any light fittings whilst playing this CD. I tried a jumping windmill and knocked the lampshade flying across the room! :D

3.0 out of 5 stars Air repeats?, 24 Dec 2003
Kendra Taylor "pcfriend" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...Ever! (Audio CD)
Oh there are some, but they're well hidden. The editor seems to have lost the plot somewhat - there I was, 'fingers poised, arm extended', waiting........ Eventually a riff or two turned up.
I thought that was what it was about? 'Air Guitar' it says on the box. Well, I found the 'air'.....
The compilation is strange too, a very odd mixture of new and old (I would have said eclectic, but that might have made it interesting), There is no method in the mix - at least, none that I can detect - and the changes keep hitting you.
I'd advise that you read the media list, or like me, you'll be astonished at what comes next; for example, the 'Shadows' "Man of Mystery" directly following 'Spin Doctors'"Two Princes"?
Uh, is it me?
Then there's 'Bill Haley and the Comets "Rock around the Clock"', following 'Blurry' and "Puddle of Mudd".
Now don't get me wrong, my Father told me all about Bill Haley, but I searched and searched for the 'air guitar' in this saxaphone piece.....
Look be honest. If you WANT a random history of Rock (or is it Pop), music, this is for you; but if you want 'air guitar' you need to be a whole lot more selective. Compiler please note for 'IV'.

2.0 out of 5 stars ohh dear, 19 May 2004
L. Reed (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...Ever! (Audio CD)
3rd time lucky, umm no, not quite.
They must have forgotten about Led Zeppelin, i mean nobody in their right mind would intentionally make an album focusing on the, in my opinion, greatest musical instrument of all time and deliberately not put a Led Zeppelin song on there, Jimmy Page is undoubtably the most revoloutionary guitarist there has ever been in the contribution to what was to follow.
Also suprising was the absence of power that could be brought in by an AC/DC classic, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses and, although i may be mistaken, they forgot Money For Nothing/I want My MTV by Dire Straits! thats the definitive air guitar moment :P
Don't get me wrong, it's a good album, as were the other two ive heard lots of bands i hadn't listened to before whihc has broadened my spectrum but if the Air Guitar people want a proper Air Guitar album next time round, take some advice from the professional players of the sacred air guitar, us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Air guitar In The World, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...Ever! (Audio CD)
I love these CDs as there is always such a good selection of tracks. Would recommend seller to other buyers

3.0 out of 5 stars Who the hell selects the artists?, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...Ever! (Audio CD)
It seems strange that Brian May endorses and I believe helps to select tracks for these compilations, and as far as I can recall, there is always at least one track on each collection from Queen.
Not that I have any thing against them as I like quite a lot of their albums.
As I see from other reviews, no Led Zep, AC/DC and many other good artists.
One of my favorite artists / bands is Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush, Brian May even knows him as they played with Queen many years ago, I thought he could have least suggested some of Frank's tracks to be included,I won't bother naming any as I'm sure if you know the band you will have your own favourites.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to include other artists mentioned in these reviews, and bring in some more money.
I bought the Vol I and II as a box set but feel that it's becoming a bit of a rip off with these "Air Guitar" compilations, and don't think I will be buying this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, 20 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...Ever! (Audio CD)
A good album with a mixture of songs from the past 5 decades. The album booklet is endoresed by Queen guitarist and songwriter Brian May.

I have bought this album and The Very Best Of Air Guitar.

Both are great albums

2.0 out of 5 stars Tracklisting could do with a big rethink., 17 Jan 2004
This review is from: The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...Ever! (Audio CD)
I am not going to buy this CD. I bought the previous two instalments, neither of which were perfect, but both had pretty decent tracklistings and contained most songs which come into mind when you think of 'air guitar'. However, I was expecting great things of this volume too - I thought 'If 1 & 2 didn't have any Guns N' Roses, then III is bound to'. Wrong. GnR are still nowhere to be found, which is horrendous really seeing as Slash is one of the best hard rock guitarists out there. Hell, I swear the guy on the cover is modelled on him. Just one GnR track (my picks would be 'Sweet Child O Mine' or 'Paradise City') should have been included. Another sorely missed band is AC/DC. The two guitars of Angus and Malcolm Young have been pumping out power chords and solos since 1974. Yet there's been no mention of them in any of the compilations. A crime. 'Highway To Hell', 'Back In Black' or some other well known AC/DC song would have done the trick. And another band - Led Zeppelin. No Zep songs in sight of an Air Guitar album, ludicrous since Jimmy Page was one of the pioneers of hard rock guitar. 'Heartbreaker' has an amazing solo and really should have been put on.

This could have been forgiven had the rest of the tracklist consisted of decent hard rock songs with great guitar in them (and to be fair, this was the case with I & II, both of which contained decent rock songs with only a couple of turkeys each). However this volume is different.

First of all, the mere presence of Avril Lavigne is a crime. Avril Lavigne is the most talentless manufactured artist ever to be labelled 'rock', and isn't exactly an amazing guitarist, or even average. I must mention that Brian May compliled the tracklist (or was paid to put his name to it). This worries me - seeing as Brian, being an amazing guitarist, should be able to spot a talentless mimer in one glance. Also we have Blink-182. So they're not manufactured, but they're still pretty poor guitarists. This song pretty much consists of 4 palm-muted power chords and no solo. It's hardly an air guitar song. Also we have Offspring and Puddle Of Mudd - again they're ok as rock bands, but they just don't belong on this kind of compilation. The inclusion of Electric Six's 'Gay Bar' is also questionable.

The presence of these artists make me concluded that this album was put together for mass appeal, not to have any real credibilty as an air guitar compilation. This is a shame, especially when you compare the relative merits of Led Zeppelin and Avril. Basically, this compilation could do with all the kiddie-rock bands being removed and replaced with proper band with excellent guitarists.

However there are some moments of sanity - the addition of Van Halens's 'Eruption', one of the most spectacular solos in the history of rock. This is so good, it really should have been on the first album. Other artists such as Rush, Bad Company, The Who, Judas Priest and Yngwie Malmsteen try to keep the headbanging flame going. However, a bit like the whole music indusyry, mass appeal drowns out talent.

If you like a a varied mix right from pop to rock and don't really mind that there is a distinct lack of talent on this album, then sure buy it. But if you want a compilation of classic rock and metal that you can actually air guitar to, you'll have to give this one a miss.

I really hope Brain May gets his act together for volume 4. As a Queen fan, I have a lot of respect for him, but he just lost some releasing this. I can't help but think that he was simply paid to put his name to it, and that some money-grabbing record company executive thought up of the tracklist. Brain May really should know better. Of course there are two of his tracks on the compilation the Queen song 'Now I'm Here' and 'Have A Cigar' (with the Foo Fighters). Mysteriously, nearly every Queen song that has featured on the compilations was written by May, apart from Bohemian Rahapsody. This increases Brian's royalties, and is more evidence to Brian selling out.

Anyway, I am not impressed at this compilation, and hope for better next time. If there is a next time. If there is next time will definitely be released in time for the Christmas rush of 2004, and will almost certainly feature The Darkness (which won't actually be that bad as they are a great band, but just very likely because they're so trendy at the moment), as well as whatever talentless nobodies rear their ugly heads this year. Hopefully it will feature some decent rock as well, but I won't hold my breath.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another one to add to your collection, 25 Nov 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...Ever! (Audio CD)
This album although not as good as the legendary first one is just as good if not better than the second. It contains the usual but brilliant format of the first two which is ideal for anyone who loves a bit of rock in their lives. It is an ideal album for anyone who loved the first two or maybe an air guitar virgin.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 9 Jan 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...Ever! (Audio CD)
A handful of good tunes buried amongst a load of old tat. Very disappointing. Don't be fooled by the pretty cover.

The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...Ever!
The Best Air Guitar Album In The World...Ever! by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2003)