5.0 out of 5 stars A review of a battery (must get out more!)
Published on 26 Oct 2003 by Sanda

1.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, shame about the batteries
Wanted to give a zero star product rating but Amazon system doesn't permit.

Never thought I'd write a review for a duff battery but seeing as I've got to buy yet another one for my Olympus C770UZ camera, I thought I ought.

Published on 23 July 2008 by AJW

5.0 out of 5 stars A review of a battery (must get out more!), 26 Oct 2003
This review is from: Olympus Li-10B Battery for Olympus MJU 300/400, C50, C5000 (Accessory)
It does what it says on the tin. Takes 1-2 hours to recharge from empty, but I bought a spare so I'm always ready to go. I use the Mju 300 at one level down from max, which gives about 80 shots on a 64Mb card. One charge can fill this card even with heavy use of flash, autofocus etc, so no complaints about capacity. Small and neat. Two niggles: (1) You don't get much warning of impending battery failure in the viewfinder, so always take a spare. (2) The charger has the lead going in from the front instead of the back, so it doesn't sit happily on a desk. I stuck mine to the side of a bookcase with a sticky pad!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good OEM gear, 21 July 2004
Clive Carter (UK Midlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Can't fault this, a spare 1090mAh Li-ION Olympus branded rechargeable battery for my C765uz. Takes four or five charges to reach full capacity, but I'm still playing with the menus and modes in the camera by then, so no hardship.
The battery comes with a small plastic cap to protect the terminals from shorting against your keys/change - not bad.
There is apparently a 1710mAh version available, but I can't find it, so I'll stick to these.
Only four stars because there is a bigger one available, but faultless on its own.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, shame about the batteries, 23 July 2008
AJW (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Wanted to give a zero star product rating but Amazon system doesn't permit.

Purchased the camera and spare battery (an Olympus branded Li-12B) in 2005. Yes, quite a while ago but I'm not an avid snapper - mainly holidays and days out so it's had light use.

Upon receiving the batteries, I charged them up. The one that came with the camera, a Li-10B, took charge OK but the Li-12B wouldn't. I tried it in the camera anyway and it died immediately. Retailer suggested I accept a Li-10B in exchange so I did. What a fool - I should have marked one of them because after maybe 20 - 25 charges, one of the batteries started to weaken significantly. Even following a long charge, it would be completely flat after standing for a month. Now, it's all but useless.

I always treat the batteries carefully and take the trouble to store them properly when outside the camera so I see no reason for the failures other than poor design or manufacturing quality.

I read that Lithium Ion batteries exhibit `low self discharge (<10% per month)' and have `excellent charge-discharge characteristics (500 cycles)' - I wish!

Another reviewer mentions similar problems with an Olympus Li-10B battery so my experience isn't an isolated case. Most reviewers though seem to be happy with their purchase, for the moment anyhow. Perhaps I've just been unlucky?

Time to try out a cheap brand - couldn't be any worse, could it?

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described, 28 April 2012
The battery was as described, an original manufacturers battery. The delivery was a day earlier than expected.

Difficult to say anything about a battery. It works in the camera and has a charge life as long as the original battery did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus Li-10B Battery, 8 Feb 2005
Steven S'ari (Preston, Lancs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Branded item, very cheap price (less than 10), arrived next day, works fine, what more can I say.

4.0 out of 5 stars Olympus Li-10B Battery, 9 Jan 2014
This was purchased to replace any older battery and charger that had been damaged by water. Exactly the right replacement I'm delighted to say

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery!!!, 9 Oct 2010
I ordered the Li-10B and received the Li-12! It worked in my camera and I used it daily for a week whilst on holiday before it ran out. Does what it is meant to do. Excellent buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus Li-10B Battery, 4 July 2010
consumer (Herefordshire England) - See all my reviews
I hope this Olympus original Li-10B Battery lasts longer than a cheaper equivalent purchased not very long ago on amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mine died., 12 Nov 2004
Victoria Clare (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this as a spare for my Olympus Camedia C765 UZ. Recharged it about 10 times, then it died and refused to charge up again. Unimpressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A1 - Accessories, 3 Nov 2004
By A Customer
Excellent service from this company. Next day delivery - very helpful. Would highly recommend them in the future.

ARRAY(0xa1306780)