5.0 out of 5 stars Good versatile container
I love these containers, this one I use for flour as I'm fed up of getting flour everwhere when I open the bags and pour the flour out. I can get about a 1kg bag of flour into them. They keep everything fresh and are dishwasher proof so easy to clean. The clips stay in place and provide a good seal (I can tip the container upside down and be confident of nothing leaking.)
Published on 17 April 2011 by jocelyn24

2.0 out of 5 stars Has a duff clasp
Came with a flimsy clasp. :( Not the end of the world. The other 3 clasps keeps it 'Lock'd. But one clasp keeps jutting out like Nemo's 'lucky fin'. Poor QC.
Published 5 months ago by Tony

5.0 out of 5 stars Good versatile container, 17 April 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful size and another addition to those currently owned, 3 Jun. 2013
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I have purchased many Lock & Lock containers, different shapes and sizes, over several years but had not actually needed one of this capacity. I have several in smaller sizes and others that are larger and found them all to be very easy to use and to clean when necessary.

The locking clips on each side may appear flimsy but, having used some containers several times a day for many years, they must have seen several thousands of uses and without any sign that one is likely to break any time soon.

One advantage of Lock & Lock is that several sizes can share a common base and lid size; they adjust the height to alter capacity. Consequently, they can be stacked to maximise the capacity of your shelves or cupboards. Being air- and water-tight when closed, they can be used to store a variety of foods. Most that I own are used for dry goods but some are used for liquids which can include soups, sauces and stews. As they are also freezer-safe, you can cook in bulk for speed and economy of scale, use what you need and freeze the remainder once cooled. They can also be used to store non-food items in the home or office and there is one size that is perfect to store and to keep dry more than a dozen spare AA and AAA batteries.

Although more expensive than several competing brands, these have the benefit of being much tried and tested and proven to be reliable long-term. They are therefore worth their price.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1.9l lock and lock, 5 Sept. 2009
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I have used lock and lock containers for a number of years and have found them to be reliable and robust, even when both base and lid are washed in the dishwasher. My containers will probably have each gone through the dishwasher more than 100 times without any detriment to their performance.

This container is large enough to store one large block of grated cheese with ease, or at least one chopped melon. I also use mine to store rice, sugar and coffee beans. It has to be one of the most useful sizes in the lock and lock range and can be used to store two of the 350ml (or one 470ml) rectangular lock and lock containers when it is not in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 2 Nov. 2010
Per Wigren (Sweden) - See all my reviews
The Lock & Lock containers are fantastic, the best ones you will ever find. I use these 1L boxes as lunch box and I just throw them into my backpack without thinking twice. They never leak a drop and they are perfectly airtight.
Lock & Lock containers come in a massive amount of sizes, shapes, materials and functions. Only a tiny subset of the models are available on Amazon unfortunately. Sites like Joutlet and FoodStorageMall sell most of them internationally though.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1.3 ltr storage jar, 18 Jun. 2011
E. M. Williams (Swansea south Wales) - See all my reviews
These lock & lock jars are excellent, air tight, this size is ideal for storing sugar or cornflour, it is not big enought for flour, the 1.8 ltr holds most of a large bag. If you like to be organised these are the jars for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Airtight Container, 28 Dec. 2011
I bought this to store loaves of bread in but found it a bit too small even for 3/4 size loaf, I finished up having to buy a size 3.9L container but will find another use for the 1.9L container.............

5.0 out of 5 stars 350ml lock and lock, 5 Sept. 2009
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lock & Lock Stackable Airtight Container Rectangular 350ml (Kitchen & Home)

This particular item is fairly small - I would suggest that you check that 350ml storage is what you need before ordering. This one is large enough to take left over cheese or a couple of sausages, but I find that the 470ml container gets far more use that this one in my home.

The only negative I have about the entire range in general is that the containers use up a lot of space in the cupboard as their design does not easily allow storage - items that are the same size will not stack one inside the other because they have straight sides. In this case, whilst containers of the same size cannot be stacked inside each other, they do fit readily into most of the other (larger) lock and lock containers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 2 Jan. 2012
I love Lock & Lock containers for storing all sorts of loose food stuffs (sugar, spices, etc). Easy to use and great for stacking on top of each other in cupboards.

2.0 out of 5 stars Has a duff clasp, 10 Nov. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a most packs of butter, 15 May 2010
Bluebell (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have numerous Lock & Lock containers and find them invaluable for airtight storage. Unlike many other plastic containers they are easy to open when they've been in the freezer: very useful for things you want to store frozen but repeatedly remove small quantities of, for example, frozen nuts (they keep much longer if frozen); or sprigs of herbs in this size or things like peas, coffee beans in larger containers. This 350ml size is perfect for 100g packs of nuts and most 250g packs of butter fit snugly. FOr example, Lurpac, Rachel's and, as far as I can see, all the supermarket brands. The President brand of butter is the commonly available brand that doesn't fit. I actually freeze quite a bit of butter as I like a particular organic brand of fresh butter that doesn't keep as long as others in the fridge. In the fridge this 350ml box stops your butter picking up any strong flavours that might taint it: butter is very vulnerable to picking up taints.