5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - perfect for loose tea
I now own three of these in two sizes (for home and office).

Published on 29 Mar. 2010 by Helen R. Morley

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappearing Parts
Published on 7 Feb. 2009 by Mrs. A. Stratton

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappearing Parts, 7 Feb. 2009
Mrs. A. Stratton "Rev Anne" (Leicestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Cafetiere Le Teapot Black 660ml (Kitchen & Home)
This is a lovely looking teapot of elegant design. But it has one major fault. We have had to empty the kitchen bin looking for the black plastic rim. This is fine if you use loose tea as you take the little basket out and empty it, but on occasions we have used it with a tea bag loose in the pot and emptied it and without realising the vital rim that holds it all together has gone into the vegetable pealings. We have also lost it in the dishwasher and my husband put it in the recycling!
A simple clip or better push fit would solve the problem so just be aware or you too could spend time emptying the bin or recycling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - perfect for loose tea, 29 Mar. 2010
Helen R. Morley "helen" (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Cafetiere Le Teapot Black 660ml (Kitchen & Home)
I now own three of these in two sizes (for home and office).

The inner basket for loose tea is easy to remove, even when the tea is hot, so that you can prevent the tea over-brewing. Even better, the basket drains completely - leave it on a saucer and half an hour laer you have relatively dry leaves that you can compost or bin without taking a load of water with you.

This size does two mugs - and it's perfect for the office. I then bought a larger one as well because my husband wanted to join me in drinking more tea!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Tea Beginner, 11 Aug. 2011
Paul Webster (Exeter, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Cafetiere Le Teapot Black 660ml (Kitchen & Home)
If like me you want to embark on tea then this is an excellent pot, it makes 2 full mugs so you can get your nose in for one just brewed and one rested, or share a fresh brew with your other half. It works as well with loose tea as it does with bags, a teaspoon or bag of tea per mug plus one for the pot seems to work, with 3 infusions (6 mugs) being par for the course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with La Cafetiere Tea Pot, 6 Mar. 2011
C. A. Gentle - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Cafetiere Le Teapot Black 660ml (Kitchen & Home)
I chose this one after reading the other reviews and I have not been disappointed. I was looking for something small after I was given some loose leaf tea and this fits the bill. It makes enough tea for 2 people, or one person having a very leisurely tea! It looks very good and is easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and very useful, 4 Dec. 2012
This review is from: La Cafetiere Le Teapot Black 660ml (Kitchen & Home)
Love this teapot, have had no problems with it at all. It is the perfect size for two or a greeedy single tea drinker (me!!!) I originally saw something similar on a TV programme, though that was the silver version, the reviews for that one put me off, but this one in black was all rave. I have made japenese jasmine tea, superb tea as I can see exactly when it has steeped enough, something I cannot see in a traditional pot, and shared rooibos and other flavoured teas with my husband or one of my kids, may need a bigger pot so we can all drink together, serves them right for laughing at this purchase!!

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT., 17 Dec. 2010
This review is from: La Cafetiere Le Teapot Black 660ml (Kitchen & Home)
LOOKS GREAT, PERFECT SIZE,NOT TOO BIG A GOOD 3 CUPS. LID FELL OFF FEW TIMES WHEN POURING LAST CUP BUT NOT A PROBLEM, JUST HOLD IT WHEN TIPPED UP. EASY TO POUR.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful item, 27 Nov. 2010
This review is from: La Cafetiere Le Teapot Black 660ml (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this teapot to replace a Boden cafetiere style teapot. I don't think I read the description of the item correctly as I thought it was also a cafetiere style. However, it is a basket and not a plunger style. This does not affect the quality of the end product. I sort of muddle the tea leaves after pouring the water and then before pouring. I like the size of the teapot as I can make a large mug by filling it 2/3rds full or filling to the top would easily give you 2 large cups. Ideal for one or two people.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 17 Jan. 2011
M. Chadwick - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Cafetiere Le Teapot Black 660ml (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this for my son who said he wanted a "real tea" - pot! He was fed up with tea bags. So I bought the loose tea, bought the tea caddy and this product as part of a surprise (bluff on my part!!) The benefit of this teapot is the facility of keeping the loose tea separated from the water and therefore easier to dispose of. He absolutely loves it because it just makes two cups at breakfast! Its a winner!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a let down, 7 Aug. 2011
This review is from: La Cafetiere Le Teapot Black 660ml (Kitchen & Home)
It's my own fault that the pot turned out to be smaller than I was expecting, but in case you're like me and don't realise that 660ml is not a normal size teapot it's only suitable for two large cups. Also, I was a bit disappointed in it's quality. The lid on mine is not a tight fit and the basket could be better designed. The handle is convenient for removing the basket, but makes it difficult to empty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with the purchase, 1 July 2012
This review is from: La Cafetiere Le Teapot Black 660ml (Kitchen & Home)
Bought the teapot and quite pleased with the purchase, even though initially thought it would be a bigger pot, but made loose tea in it and it works well so far. However, would want to buy a 1 liter teapot too.

La Cafetiere Le Teapot Black 660ml