5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than the traditional glass ones!
Having broken yet another cafetiere glass I was determined to try stainless steel this time.
And what a great product! Not only is it stylish & easy to clean but also the coffee stays hot in the double-skin insulation.
I really love this & can recommend without hesitation 100%. It's worth the extra money & will last many years.
Published on 23 Oct 2009 by Simon Lomax

3.0 out of 5 stars Attractive, effective but not perfect...
The cafetiere itself looks superb, and keeps coffee warm for ages. The problem is the build quality... I heard whistling one day, having used it 3-4 times, when filling the pot. It transpires there's a crack in the spout which, whilst not effecting the pot's appearance too much, is annoying and it may, in the future worsen and leak.
Published on 4 Dec 2011 by jonathan robson

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than the traditional glass ones!, 23 Oct 2009
Simon Lomax (Norfolk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant design, 11 Nov 2010
This review is from: La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup (Kitchen & Home)
Have only had this a few days and love using it. Keeps the coffee hot for ages and pours beautifully. Also stylish in looks and easy to clean. One point no other reviewer has mentioned is that you can turn the lid to close off the spout while the coffee is standing, making it even more heat-retentive.

4.0 out of 5 stars A better filter., 23 Feb 2013
This review is from: La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup (Kitchen & Home)
La Cafietere Thermique 8 cup is an elegant, solid, double walled, stainless steel item. Coffee keeps hot for 40 minutes, comfortably warm for some 15 minutes longer. Any coffee held warm for longer is likely to be too stewed to enjoy.
The three part filter is very similar to that in the glass cafetieres. That's where the difficulty arises. Metal lower plate, metal mesh filter and metal top plate. On my cafetiere the mesh crinkled at the edge, allowing coffee grinds to escape. Steel mesh also makes a grating noise when the plunger is pushed down or raised.
The Bodum equivalent of this cafetiere has a filter edged with a silicone ring that makes a smooth, quiet seal. Coffee pundits declare Bodum and La Cafetiere parts to be incompatible. I've successfully replaced the La Cafetiere original with a Bodum Replacement Cross Plate including Transparent Silicone ring (V1508-ISR)
I now have an elegant and efficient cafetiere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cafetieres, 19 Sep 2007
E. Worden (North West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup (Kitchen & Home)
Over the past 25 years I have had many cafetieres and this one is the very best. It has a lovely, smooth action and an excellent design, with a sturdy, ergonomic handle. (The last stainless steel one I had - the handle broke off from the main container). It is beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great, 12 Dec 2009
L. Rudd "lesep" (Berks, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup (Kitchen & Home)
I bought the small version of this and love it so much I went back for the large family sized one. It's just brilliant and makes a whole family full jug of fresh coffee. We are really sad coffee nerds, and this is the best cafetiere we have come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful design and excellent coffee pot, 17 Nov 2009
Djslater "daveaze" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup (Kitchen & Home)
The cafetiere is beautifully made and designed and should last for many years; having broken so many glass one, which also got cool quickly. The double stainless steel shell does work very well and if you let the grains stand for 4 minutes the coffee is hot and full flavoured because the heat is retained to brew the grains correctly. The size allows plenty of cups of coffee or about 3 mugs of coffee. Highly recommended, as is the smaller 3 cup cafetiere.

5.0 out of 5 stars La Cafetiere Thermique, 18 Jan 2013
Mr. P. Harvey "Phil" (Cornwall, UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup (Kitchen & Home)
I have 3 coffee makers each of a different design. I was attracted to the La Cafetiere Thermique because it combines the best features of a plunger-type coffee maker and a Thermos flask. Being made wholly of metal there are no glass components to break. Furthermore, the container vessel itself and its cap are double-skinned like a Thermos flask, which reduces heat loss thereby keeping the coffee hotter for longer. The specification states that the double-skin design retains heat 3X longer than conventional coffee makers. I have not put this claim to the test but I believe it to be true.

The coffee maker is made wholly of metal, is sturdy, well made and not as heavy as it looks. It has a highly polished outer surface and brushed matt finish on the inside. The plunger and the diaphragm appear to be made of stainless steel. The mesh of the diaphragm is very fine, much finer than the diaphragm in my glass cafetiere. The metal diaphragm has proven to be a very effective barrier against coffee dregs.

Making coffee follows the same procedure as for a conventional plunger-type cafetiere: add spoonfuls of coffee to the empty vessel, add hot water to within 1" of the spout and replace the cap with the plunger up, leave for 4 - 5 minutes before slowly depressing the plunger. Pour out the coffee, as required. This coffee maker is an '8 cupper' but as I prefer weaker coffee and larger cups I get between 3 - 4 cups from one filling.

The La Cafetiere Thermique is very attractive and would grace any table. I do not know if the outer surface would tarnish with time but I imagine it would be easy to keep it clean and bright. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent !!!!, 5 Jun 2010
Mrs. R. M. Weaver (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup (Kitchen & Home)
I was a little reluctant to spend the extra money when you can purchase the glass cafetieres for half the price.
But I am so glad I did.
It looks beautiful, and is a real statement piece in your kitchen .I have had friends go out and purchase them after seeing mine. It pours effortlessly and really does keep the coffee hot - it improves the flavour of your coffee .I wish I had bought one sooner, when I think of all the glass cafetieres I have broken over the years this one will last a lifetime!

5.0 out of 5 stars La Cafetiere - magnifique!, 5 Nov 2011
This review is from: La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup (Kitchen & Home)
I am just pouring myself a third mug of piping-hot coffee from my newly-acquired stainless steel cafetiere. Yes, the double-skinned construction really does keep your coffee hot for longer! And the solid metal design eliminates the possibility of any more broken glass jugs! I have replaced two or maybe three from my previous cafetiere. Why is the glass so wafer-thin I wonder? One of life's mysteries... However, I am happy with my new cafetiere. It appears to be well-made and looks as if it will last for ever. It is also stylish, in my humble opinion anyway, and pours well with no dribbles from the spout. The lid is insulated and quite deep, and partially blocks the pouring orifice to help keep in the heat. Before coffee is poured, one is supposed to rotate the lid to reveal a cutaway. I forget to do this usually, but the only ill-effect is that the cafetiere pours more slowly, which suits me fine. There are still no dribbles! The one-piece construction of the jug and handle means easier washing up, and the whole thing polishes up beautifully afterwards, if I can remember to do this before it dries! The filter/plunger assembly appears to be the same as on the glass cafetiere, and works in the same way. Two heaped dessert spoons of coffee, fill the cafetiere with water just off the boil, leave for four or five minutes, down with the plunger and enjoy piping-hot coffee! Works for me. Also, because the jug is wider at the bottom, there is more insulation there, just where it is needed to keep your next mug-full hot! In fact if you put your hand on the bottom of the jug containing freshly-made coffee, the jug is warm but not hot, a sure sign that the insulation is doing its job. I could have spent a small fortune on an upmarket coffee machine, but decided to try this first, and am not disappointed. Time will tell I suppose, but so far so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Cafetiere, 18 Dec 2010
This review is from: La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup (Kitchen & Home)
This is nice cafetiere which makes great coffee. Before buying I couldn't find anywhere on the details exactly how much its holds. It states it is an 8 Cup which is a meaningless description as what size is a cup? I found it holds around 800ml which is a far more useful measurement. The coffee keeps hotter than a glass one but the only other thing about this type compared to glass is that if you don't want to make a full pot its more difficult to judge how much water you are putting in without being able to see from the outside. Only minor points and I am still very happy with my purchase.

La Cafetiere Thermique Cafetiere, 8 Cup