5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, timeless album - Clannad's career best
I own six Clannad albums, the first of which I bought twenty years ago. Macalla, originally released in 1985, is not just my favourite Clannad album, but one of the best-loved albums in my entire collection. I believe it is their strongest and most widely accessible work. Whereas their earlier albums were strongly rooted in the traditional folk genre (lovely, but not...
Published on 1 Mar. 2004 by Londonist

2.0 out of 5 stars Macalla revisited again
I first purchased this album on cassette when it was originally released and I finally updated to CD last week. It's taken me a long time to do this as I never really liked Macalla when I first bought it. I was hoping something might have happened in my physche over the years and I would love this album. Nothing has changed as I still don't like it. I know that this album...
Published 10 months ago by Christine Wharf

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'sublime' and atmospheric gem!, 14 May 2010
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Macalla (+Bonus) (Audio CD)
A very sublime and atmospheric album consisting of ten thought-provoking songs - including the upbeat 'Journeys End' - slipped in just before the end which is somewhat different from the rest of the album.

I was first drawn to this group by the hit 'Theme From Harry's Game', ('Caislean Oir' is a similar track here) and was later 'sold' when I saw the video of 'Almost Seems Too Late To Turn' shown on a late night TV show.

All ten songs are full of atmosphere and when you're in a certain mood really impressive, and these have great impact. No wonder I later became a big fan of 'Enya'!

A very beautiful album!

N. B. Also features the hit 'In A Lifetime' featuring U2s 'Bono'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Dec. 2014
GREAT CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2013
Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'sublime' and atmospheric gem!, 14 May 2010
FAMOUS NAME (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

A very beautiful album!

N. B. Also features the hit 'In A Lifetime' featuring U2s 'Bono'!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Jan. 2015
ok

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not an original CD factory produced, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Macalla (Audio CD)
I finally got around to playing this CD, one CD player (NAD so decent machine) can't read it at all, Second (Arcam) can play some tracks but with much skipping and jumping, it's a cheap badly copied after market CD, how disappointed am I that I was too trusting not to have played this on receipt but happily stored it away until I had time to sit and listen properly.
Avoid this seller like the plague is my opinion.

Macalla
Macalla by Clannad (Audio CD - 2003)