5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pair of bins for the price
I had been looking for binoculars for general use and astronomy. Initially was going to buy the celestron 10*50 or the 15*70. The latter had a long delay and the former had reviews saying that it had a cheap feel. Hence bought these Olympus ones.

Published on 18 Dec. 2010 by leog

2.0 out of 5 stars all a bit plasticie
I found them a little bit poorly built and felt very flexible and a bit of a weak build quality
Published 22 months ago by Baza

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pair of bins for the price, 18 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Olympus Binocular 10x50 DPS-1 (Electronics)

They are excellent. Very clear picture. Very little distortion. Smooth focussing mechanism. This is the first set of binoculars that I have used which give a 3 D impression when in general use.

Good value for the price. I think if I was going to spend more I would have got one of the canon image stabilised ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, very professional look, feel and performance, 20 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Olympus Binocular 10x50 DPS-1 (Electronics)
I have had these binoculars for just three days and am very, very impressed with them. I have never owned binoculars before but wanted to start astronomy in a very amateur way. These were highly recommended and reviewed. Sadly, the great british summer has not been favourable for astronomy in the last three days so I can not comment on the ability regarding stargazing but for normal terrestrial use there are fantastic. I didn't really understand what people meant when the said in their reviews that these bins made things look 3D but now I understand, they are so good the view almost looks better than normal eye sight, hard to understand until you try them!

Given there high magnification and my desire to use them for astronomy I was conscious that even the slightest movement would ruin any space viewing so decided to buy the following product to attach them to my regular DSLR digital camera tripod.

It is the best £10 I have ever spent.

The Olympus website and google search does not give much information on how to attach these binoculars to a tripod but it is possible and incredibly easy with this attachment.

having done some reading on optics and there inherent problems I am aware that there bins have a VERY, VERY, slight discolouration on the very bottom on the image, nothing to worry about but it is there in a tiny (I mean minuscule way). As I am an amateur this does not bother me but nice to know what has caused it. From my limited reading it is something to do with the manufacture of the glass. It seriously affects less that 1% on the image and can only been seen if you are looking for it, as I was! With such a big field of view this is really not a problem, I only mentioned it as some serious buyers may be wondering if it exists. However, to be fair to Olympus, I have only tried the one pair, this problem/issue may vary my product.

I will monitor the review page so if you have any problems just ask and I will answer ASAP.

AS I intened to use these mainly on a tripod I wash;t put off buy the slightly heavy weight. i am sure there are heavier models out there but this was not my number one priority but be aware, good glass weighs more hence these are heavy compare to less strong bins. Weight is clearly the price you pay for quality and I am very impressed.

Overall, highly recommended and very happy with my purchase (especially as I bought them from Amazon.com (USA) and my dad bought them over for me saving me 30%!)

These bins come with a neck strap, four lenses covers and a relatively attractive plane black case with carry strap.

TOP TIP - Keep lens covers on when not in use, especially if left on a tripod like mine, I have read/heard horror stories of the sun shining through and starting fires.

Happy viewing!
Opticron Tripod L Mount Adaptor For Small Binoculars to 50mm

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 27 May 2013
This review is from: Olympus Binocular 10x50 DPS-1 (Electronics)
I have had these binoculars for 2 weeks and I am very impressed with them, clear optics, simple fast focus operation. Purchased after reading a number of reviews on similar products, ratings came out highly and I concur with others these are great binoculars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bionic Binocs, 24 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Olympus Binocular 10x50 DPS-1 (Electronics)
I wouldn't call myself an expert on binocs, far from it! (don't let that put you off my review),i always wanted a good all round piece of kit for a reasonable price, so after a lot of researching i decided on the Olmypus DPS-1 10 x 50, this how i got on.

They arrived quicker than i expected, 1st thought as i reached for the box; how heavy?, needn't have worried, less than a kilo, perfect.Quickly had them unpacked and outside.I have a bit of a view from the back garden and as i scanned the distant hills, i couldn't believe my eyes, the detail was great even a couple of miles away, blurred fields became rows of turned hay, dark spots became copse of trees with houses, even the number of windows became apparent, as i focused further afield a large pylon, which i didn't know existed, stood dramatically as the sun glinted of the arms, and that was all of 8 miles away. passing jets tail logos became clear. However the best was yet to come.......

I couldn't wait to try them at night. When i got a clear night i turned my focus on the moon, WOW, craters became sharp and the glare had gone, superb. Jupiter was in view, what was a bright 'star' became a round planet shape, even i thought there was a slight outline of it's rings, maybe thats being hopeful rather than precise.

Anyway to conclude;

1. excellent product/price for beginner
2. weight not an issue but the strap could be a bit padded especially on the back of the neck (very minor issue)
3. works well day or night
4. feel robust and well made

what are you waiting for.... get them NOW!!

BTW 06/11/11...took a look at Jupiter and was able to pick out three moons...amazing...

5.0 out of 5 stars great bins, 22 Jun. 2011
Angela Guest - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus Binocular 10x50 DPS-1 (Electronics)
i bought these after several disappointments via ebay! the customer reviews as well as the price decided it for me and i am not disappointed. sight has great clarity, they are easy to use and important for me is that they are not too heavy. i can see as far as i need to and great for the moon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant binoculars!, 13 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Olympus Binocular 10x50 DPS-1 (Electronics)
Bought these as part of my husband's 50th birthday present and he loves them! Took them to Western Scotland and they were used daily to birdwatch and yacht-watch! Easily adjusted and light to hold. Would recommend them to anyone but then they are Olympus! Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly clear and bright images for price!, 26 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Olympus Binocular 10x50 DPS-1 (Electronics)
Whilst dispatch of this item seemed to take longer than I expected, once dispatched they then arrived very quickly indeed here in Cyprus. I was however surprised to see the box was not only just the raw product box with clear view of what the item was, but was not even sealed at the top! Just the address label on the outside. Absolutely amazing. However it arrived safe and sound, and all was present, so no complaints. I guess ultimately safe receipt is not my responsibility but the seller's.

This said the binoculars are superb for the price range. Images are clear, sharp, bright. Lots of light collected even in dusk conditions. No fuzziness of images. Lettering at distance can be clearly read. Images can indeed even be 3D-like. Mainly use for bird and nature watching, and am very pleased indeed with them. For the price, I would say incredible!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Binoculars, 6 Nov. 2010
Get weaving Kate (South West Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Olympus Binocular 10x50 DPS-1 (Electronics)
We needed some new binoculars and having looked at the reviews we decided to buy these. They are brilliant, with our old one's we just saw the trees and sheep on the hill behind our house, now we can see the leaves and the sheep's faces!

5.0 out of 5 stars binoculars, 25 May 2009
Mr. Gsa Thurgood "stan" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus Binocular 10x50 DPS-1 (Electronics)
perfect for all sports , i bought them for bird watching and am very impressed with product , vision perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Vision!, 27 Jan. 2012
Mr.S.B "S.B." (Essex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus Binocular 10x50 DPS-1 (Electronics)
In response to K. Gill's review... The 60-70 markings are there as a guide to aid the setting of the distance between the two barrels of the binocular, this is known as the interpupillary distance. The centre-to-centre distance between an adult person's eyes average between 60 to 70mm which is what these markings represent.

The goal is to have the center of the left and right eyepieces directly in front of the pupils of your left and right eyes. But people's eyes differ. Some are wide spaced and others are closer together. So binoculars are hinged to let you adjust the interpupillary distance to match the distance between the pupils of your eyes.

Hold the binocular up to your eyes and move the barrels closer together or farther apart until the two images become one circle.

When you see one circle, you have the interpupillary distance set correctly and the markings will then indicate exactly what your interpupillary distance is in millimetres. That's all there is to it.

As for the binoculars themselves, I cannot fault them and they are the best pair I've ever owned. I use them for looking at aircraft and for astronomy. They are also an ideal all round binocular for everyday use. They are of a quality finish and the pair I received are Olympus branded only, there is no sign of a Coleman logo on them anywhere! A top quality piece of kit 10/10!

Olympus Binocular 10x50 DPS-1