Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£10.00+ £1.26 shipping

on 1 February 2006
I first heard "Supermodel Robots" on the Adeline Records website. I loved it immediately and couldn't get it out of my head for days. I decided to purchase the album Money Money 2020 simply on the strength of that one song, so that says a lot about the its quality, especially since the album cost me £12!
Supermodel Robots is probably the most immediately likeable song on the album, though Right Hand A Rama and an excellent cover of the Misfits song Teenagers From Mars come closely behind. A few more spins and now I love every single one of them: from the answerphone messages of the cheapskate Spike, to the collection of strange words compiled on Spastic Society. Transistors Gone Wild, Roshambo, and Hammer of the Gods are also particular favourites.
There's not a lot of doubt that The Network is really Green Day dressed up in masks, although both bands continue to deny this. It is even possible to tell which member sings which song, despite all the distortion. Billie Joe / Fink sings most, but surprisingly Mike / Van Gough does quite a few songs, including Spastic Society and X Ray Hamburger, judging from the vocals. Tre / the Snoo sings the brilliant Hungry Hungry Models.
Perhaps there was such a large gap between Green Day's albums Warning and American Idiot partly because they were creating this album, and the chorus of the song Governator on the the American Idiot single does sound suspiciously like that of Spike; was Governator originally on Money Money 2020 but ditched in favour of Spike?
It doesn't sound like Green Day will be admitting anything concerning The Network, which I am very glad about as I would hate the elaborate stories concocted about The Network's background and members actually to be PROVEN untrue!
My musical tastes include Green Day, The Who, The Clash, My Chemical Romance and Blink 182 if that's helpful for you to decide whether you'd like The Network. The 5 stars I gave this album are thoroughly deserved.
on 26 May 2004
The Damned, Sigue Sigue Sputnik (remember them?), PiL, Smash Mouth and Kraftwerk. Put all of them together, coupled with some very, dare I say it, Green Day influence, and you get a pretty good idea of how these guys sound in my opinion.
The nagging suspicion that these guys are indeed Green Day in disguise (I keep asking myself, “is it indeed Billie Joe on lead vocals?”), coupled with the fact they have such a unique sound, have made this album a joy to listen to. But not from the first listen. Only on round 2 did the reality sink in that this is a truly fantastic album, although it’s on the short side of 30 minutes.
They effortlessly go from pure synthesized pop to good old-fashioned punk - sometimes in the same song!. The synth-only sound on Hungry Hungry wouldn’t sound out of place on a Kraftwerk album; similarly Right Hand O Rama would sit nicely on almost any Green Day album. There isn’t a bad song here, but if I were asked to pick the standouts, they would be Roshambo and Spastic Society.
If anyone has a hankering for 80s style guitar-based rock with fuel-injected synthesisers, then this album is for you. But if you are expecting an album full of Green Day-esque punk, then you might be disappointed.
on 19 December 2009
I love this! Imagine a cross between some weird, spaced out new wave electronic band and Green Day and you're almost there.

The songs are insane, catchy and very funny. I couldn't believe that a band like Green Day - pardon, The Network - would come up with such inventive and original music.

I also love the fake war of words which Billie Joe has started with members of the Network, very funny! Cannot wait for the next album!
on 23 January 2006
The first time i heard The Network was on the Adeline records site (supermodel robots). I couldnt get the song out of my head for about a month so i decided to buy the album and i was so glad i did-well worth the money. All i now have to say is BUY IT!!!!!!!!!
on 7 November 2003
I won't lie. I bought this album due to the possibility of it being GreenDay 2003's side project. I'm happy I did, and happy that it sounds nothing like GreenDay.
The album combines hard electronic riffs with some New Order influenced vocals resulting in an album that does what it says - it is a reaction against all the pop punk from the last 20 years.
Tracks like "Money Money 2020" and "Joe Robot" combine some smooth sounds with the edgy vocals on the album, whereas "Spike" and "Supermodel Robots" are a social commentary on our generation.
This album is 27 minutes of raw new wave electronic post punk which I recommend to anyone with a good taste in music, and a desire to listen to REAL punk.
on 5 February 2010
As a heavy-ish metal sort of punk (when I didn't get the chance of a slow dance) product of the 70's / 80's with an open mind, an eclectic musical taste and a very healthy disrespect for anything that doesn't get the brain cells going, I can highly recommend this bit of fun. I found it through my interest in Green Day. It's a good laugh, good technically, good ideas, good impressions, a bit of relaxation / practice for the lads and if a track doesn't suit your taste at least they are all short. Good music, don't take it too seriously, just enjoy it. (Why couldn't they just say "This is Green Day but we're only messing about on our time off"
on 27 February 2008
The only problem with this album is that I wished I had got it sooner! This is a great album with a dance/Techno punk feel to it. I bought this album after reading the reviews below and I was not disappointed. I agree completely with the reviews that this hidden little gem deserves a lot more credit and recognition.
This is great for all green day fans to have as a spare when they have overheard any of the green day albums but also for something a bit different.
But would recommend this to anyone who likes the thought of a Techno-punk album. I particularly like Spike and hungry hungry models.
on 10 March 2013
A totally different project and sound from Green Day, but man, they nailed it. Don't expect to hear anything conventional, because you won't. It's more like a stange journey trough a side road instead of following the big and wide Green Day path, but it's worth the time. I specially like Roshambo, maybe because it's the most closer one to the original Green Day sound.
on 24 July 2009
this is a great album its very catchy and sounds great. In some songs you can hear a bit of green day trying to escape. I half the songs you can hear billie joes voice in the other songs it sounds like someone else, but its a great album you, should buy it.
on 13 December 2004
I remember when Money Money 2020 was first released, everyone was talking about who this mysterious masked band was, and raving about their one spectacular live show. If, like me, you weren't able to see that show, then this is the next best thing! The songs are old school techno punk, and most of them are absolutely hilarious! The title track, I must say, is the stand-out moment, I couldn't get it out of my head for weeks, and my other favourites have to be Teenagers From Mars and Hammer of the Gods. It is, let's say, a slightly strange album, and on the first listen I have to admit I wasn't all that impressed, but I gave it another chance, and since then it hasn't left my stereo. Of course, many of you may have heard of The Network because 3 of the 5 members are Green Day, and on several of the tracks you can certainly hear Billie Joe's voice despite all the work gone in to alter it, but you really can't compare this to any of their brilliant work. Money Money 2020 is all about having fun, dancing about, enjoying some interesting retro techno punk and of course, the (slightly less) unknown. Long live The Network!