Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£39.89+ £1.26 shipping

on 27 October 2003
The whole of this album makes a compelling listen, and all the original Koop songs receive clever and sympathetic reworkings, but for me there are two stand-out tracks. The first is Nicola Conte's New Jazz Version of 'Tonight' - this is one of the most convincing forays into jazz/drum n bass amalgamation I have ever heard. The beats are propulsive but nicely softened to suit the vibe of the song with inspired use of percussion, and everything else sits nicely over it. I particularly like the sax and piano solos that punctuate the tune without ever drifting into the superficial.
Equally effective is Markus Enochson's gentle house reappraisal of the enchanting tune that is 'Summer Sun' - a gem on the original album. The two chords that form the basis of the song are brilliantly underpinned by an acoustic bass-line, but nothing interferes with that sumptuous vocal, which remains forward in the mix. The structure changes toward the end into a cyclic ascending chord sequence that provides the perfect coda to a perfect tune. Sublime...
on 14 May 2004
Very eclectic - calm, soothing, yet modern and different... wonderful to listen to. I often have this on at home - it is perfect background music, and many visitors ask about it. I also play it at school when my Year 5 class arrive in the classroom. If the music isn't playing, they complain!
on 16 November 2014
Bought as a gift
on 21 January 2004
Well I wondered if it was possible to better one of the albums of the decade, and it seems like it isn't. Having said that, this is still a good buy, just don't listen to it in comparison to the original.
Some of the tracks stand up well on there own and are an interesting take on the originals. The DnB remixes are excellent, a perfect fusion of jazz and breaks. I'd recommend it, but it won't keep the original out of my CD for too long.