Format: DVD|Change

on 18 January 2013
'Ere, Pete, look what I found.
I'd love to Dud, but you need to actually show it to me.
Sorry, Pete.
Blimey!
'Ere it is, Pete. Funny looking thing, innit?
Not really, Dud, no. You know what this is don't you?
Do you think I'm a bloody idiot or something?
Now think, Dud. Do you really, in your heart of hearts, want an honest answer to that question?
Er, well not really, Pete, if you put it like that. Alright then, what is it?
What this is, Dud, is a DVD.
A DVD, Pete?
A DVD, Dud.
What's a DVD, Pete?
A DVD, Dud, is a wonderful thing. It's a shiny silver disc on what is recorded sound and pictures.
Blimey, Pete, that's clever. 'Ere, 'ow come I've never heard of it?
Because, sadly, Dud, you're not. Now this particular DVD contains a selection of our sketches from Not Only But Also.
You mean, like the sketches what we done for the telly and that?
That is precisely what I mean Dud. All we have to do is pop it into a machine what plays discs like this, and there before our very eyes, are the pair of us in all our BBC glory!
Bloody 'ell! You mean, like, we can see ourselves talking about that bloody Greta Garbo and me singing about Mama's Got A Brand New Bag, sort of thing, Pete?
Yes indeed we can, Dud. Not to mention loads more examples of our 60s comic genius what has been preserved for posterity for the benefit of future generations, Dud.
Can we watch it then, Pete?
Er, alas no, Dud. We don't actually have one of them DVD players.
Oh!! I was looking forward to seeing myself on the telly!
Never mind, let's have another pint, Dud. Cheers!
Ooh, ta, Pete. Cheers!
Cheers!
on 24 August 2013
Enjoyable.. Especially opening sketch had us laughing straight away.. however my favourite. Sketch the Boxer/ painter ( with special guest Peter sellers) not on it... so a few more sketches of Pete and Dud. Would of made it '....the best of' but overall pretty good to start of your collection.
on 11 May 2015
This is Comedy genius!We laughed so much & there were sketches in it i had not seen or heard about.Do look out for a sketch with Peter Cook as Katherine the Queen & Dudley as Henry the 8th!It had us in hysterics.Great dvd, great speedy delivery.
on 16 July 2014
For my dad, he adores it and has watched it several times now. A great laugh and one he has recommended to all his friends! If you have a dad who appreciates this era and this humour definitely its a winner!
on 13 August 2013
I have loved these two since I was very young, probably too young to understand them completely.
The way they keep 'corpsing' is as funny as the content.
on 4 May 2014
Have now got a couple of peter cook and Dudley Moore dvd, and am not disappointed with any of the comic sketches that I have seen, these are classic.
on 13 December 2012
Recollections of how good/inspired they actually were (at times).
You need to be an aficionado or over 65 yrs old.
on 12 October 2014
watched it a couple of times. some amusing bits but not as funny as i remember them. should have left this in my past.
on 28 June 2014
Very funny video and just what my partner wanted. very good quality and a very reasonable price. thanks very much
on 4 February 2013
it brings back so many memories of pete & dud i still like watching them even though they are no longer with us