5.0 out of 5 stars ultimate ease
I recieved the DVD as a gift and have found it to be very good. The whole idea of the boxset is to enable you to access recipes quickly. For instance if you want to make homemade gravy, go to the brochure which is included, then look it up on the appropiate disc and enjoy.
Published on 22 Dec 2008 by A. J. D. Andrea

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Rubbish
I bought these dvds and found the titles on the discs did not correspond with the programs the discs were showing. I complained to the seller and received my money back.

I also made a complaint on the Delia Smith website and was given the name of the producer of the dvds. I complained to him and never received a reply.

Please Please Please, do not...
Published on 16 Jan 2007 by Daisy1946

1.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Rubbish, 16 Jan 2007
This review is from: Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD] (DVD)

Please Please Please, do not buy these dvds you will be sorely disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly, choppy and not well blended, 19 Mar 2004
SecretSweets (Caxias, Portugal) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD was not at all what I had expected. It is a mish-mash of segments from Delia's previous programs, all put together in order of .... now, this is the bit I do not understand. Somehow, the compilation, or at least the logic behind it, did not work for me.
To start - the first 2 discs are wrongly labeled: the Party disc contained Dinner recipes and vice versa. I wonder if this is just an anomaly on my purchase. In any case, I was a little put off by it.
Then, there is too much fiddling about with the DVD remote control in order to get to a recipe. There was no way to just sit back and watch. Each recipe is a segment of 3 - 5 minutes long, after which we are taken back to the main menu to choose another recipe.
For each recipe we are given 2 choices - read or play - more manouvering with the remote control. And if that wasn't enough, since each segment was taken from various programes and Delia's own evolution becomes all too stark and sometimes distracting!
Personally, I would have liked to see the DVD box set discs arranged according to programes, eg Summer Collection, Winter Collection, Christmas, and the 3 How to Cook series. In each collection, a main menu listing the recipes covered so that the viewer can go to that recipe and a 'play all' option which would have also allowed us to just sit back and watch a whole serie in its entirety. I would have preferred to have been given that option.
Of the 4 discs, I have only seen bits of disc 1 and 2, after which I was sufficiently put off not to touch discs 3 and 4. In my opinion, Delia could have done better with what should have been a compilation of some of her best work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Enormous disappointment, 26 Nov 2007
Joan Cecil (Gloucestershire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD] (DVD)
I beleive that Delia is right up there with Elizabeth David, and has introduced more complete beginners to the pleasures of cooking than any other writer. But how disappointing is this DVD! Difficult to navigate, a real hotch potch of clips from her programmes. Please, Delia, insist that your producers give us another DVD that really reflects your talent. I gave my copy to the charity shop, where all my rejects go - and this is DELIA!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just give us what we want, 20 Dec 2004
Aly Gator "muslie" (Newmarket, Suffolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD] (DVD)
I am a huge Delia fan and have been serching Amazon for ages, hoping that she would put all her work on dvd. What made Delia's prgrammes so good was that she not only gave you clear concise recipes that worked time after time, but also the atmosphere that she created that made you want to get going straight away and lead a life style where you cooked more fresh, seasonal and interseting food. I believe Delia has now lost interest in making cookery programmes and is going to concentrate more on football and I would say that this dvd is an accurate reflection of that change. I am so dissapointed. Please, just give us the lovely programmes that she made on video on dvd. That's all I want. This dvd is not worth the money, it jumps around all over the place, thus frustrating the viewer and creating none of the Delia atmosphere we have come to love and respect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Dissappointment, 13 Dec 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD] (DVD)
As a huge Delia fan, I was most exited at the prospect of getting this DVD. I was however greatly dissappointed. The DVD's were all labelled wrong and so you didn't get what you wanted to see. Then each DVD only contained snippets from all of Delia's TV programmes, most of which were shown out of context with no introductions. To top it all off the way the DVD was designed you have to go back to the menu after each snippet which further disrupts any sense of continuity in the DVD. I gave up pretty soon after starting to watch it and have never given it so much as a second glance...very dissappointing. I am very surprised that Delia would put her good name to such a shoddy product

2.0 out of 5 stars gives you the basics, 25 Jan 2007
Alison Kitching (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD] (DVD)
After years of watching delia I really wanted dvd showing all her series, i did read the reviews before buying and initially was unsure whether to puchase. I did go ahead and I must say that even though the clips dont run as a series most of the recipes are shown as outtakes of the programmes and still show delia at her best. I would have liked the dvd to run as programmes as it would make it a more enjoyable watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 Feb 2005
This review is from: Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD] (DVD)
It surpised me that from such well produced series in the past
Delia would put her name to such a disorganised mish mash of poorly edited highlights.
Each recipe segment seems to get cut off too quickly and there is no fade in and fade out- just back to a main menu which is a pain to navigate.
After 20 minutes of the Party disc I gave up. Such a shame as I would have gladly sat through an entire series.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 17 Jan 2006
This review is from: Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD was obviously thrown together to make a quick buck.
Dont even bother

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 14 Jan 2006
This review is from: Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD] (DVD)
What a load of over-priced rubbish. Given the exquisite presentation of Delia's books, and her television programmes, I'm amazed that she has put her name to this mish-mash. Why can't we have the various series to buy individually on DVD. i.e. How To Cook 1, How To Cook 2, Christmas, etc. Avoid this release at all costs - the BBC should be ashamed for releasing it. Unfortunately Amazon don't give the option of zero stars, so this underserving release gets one star from me.

1.0 out of 5 stars So So, 15 Feb 2009
Ms. Nj Tania - See all my reviews
This review is from: Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD] (DVD)
I personally didnt like this dvd version of Ultimate Delia. The organisation of the receipes was not good.

Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD]
Delia Smith: Ultimate Delia [DVD] by Delia Smith (DVD - 2004)
Used & New from: 6.00