5.0 out of 5 stars Superb knives!, 19 May 2009
This review is from: Wüsthof CLASSIC Knife block - 9835 Bbeechwood (Kitchen & Home)
I was fed up with my husband moaning about every knife we have ever owned not being sharp enough (it takes one to know one!). A friend of ours recommended Wusthof knives. I bought this set as it had a good selection in the block and represented good value for money. Believe me these are super sharp. I have got used to how to handle them now but I had a few cut fingers to start with and lots of cut dishcloths and tea towels! If you are looking to buy a quality product to last, this will fulfill that brief. Super.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT Dishwasher Safe !, 11 Aug 2003
By A Customer
These truly are the best knives you can buy. But one word of warning - the manufacturer states these knives are dishwasher safe, but recommends hand washing. I would advise that you should not, under any circumstances, put these knives in the dishwasher. The prolonged exposure to heat in a standard dishwasher causes the handle to crack as I have found to my cost. This could happen after many washes, or after just a few, but why risk it? It is an expensive lesson to learn. Even so these knives still get a 5-star rating, I cannot fault the knives they are simply as good as you can get and should last a lifetime with proper care.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wusthof Knife block, 6 Sep 2010
J. M. Laws (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought as a gift for my son but I say they are THE MOST BEAUTIFUL knives I have ever seen. The structure of manufacture is clever making them well balanced and fantastic to handle. He is a restaurant manager so he knows a good knife when he sees it. The block holds them horizontally so that the sharp blades don't get damaged when inserting them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Dishwasher Safe., 21 Oct 2004
By A Customer
We had the same problem with these knives as we had put them in the dishwasher. The handles all turned murkey grey and many split quite badly. We digitally photographed them & contacted the manaufacturer directly. They reqested we return the knives to them and in return sent us resplacements for all of the knives, approx £250 worth, without any question. Excellent Service. I agree that handwashing is the answer, this new set do not know what the inside of the dishwasher looks like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Set, 14 Jun 2013
This set is absolutely brilliant. The knives are about as good as you are going to get without going into the professional bracket (and paying professional prices!). There is a nice balance to them all, they feel nice and heavy in the hand and the edge is razor sharp.

The knives fit perfectly into the block, which isn't always the case with knife sets. There is also a sharpening steel included which I haven't used yet because they have all kept a fantastic edge even after a couple of months usage.

I will be recommending these to all my friends and family, I am very, very impressed with this set!

My set arrived almost two weeks before stated in the sale, which was a nice surprise. I received an email saying the item was being dispatched and then I received another giving me a time slot for delivery, which is a nice bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wusthof Knives, 16 Mar 2010
Darin Turnbull (Perth, Australia) - See all my reviews
How good are these? Excellent, absolutely superb.
I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone.
Well worth paying a little bit extra for in your kitchen.
You never have to worry about not being able to slice a tomato or cut the fat off any meat.
Wash & sharpen them every time you use them and they will be yours for ever! (20 to 23 degrees using the sharpening steel - check out the technique on youtube).

Wusthof Classic 9 Piece Knife Block Set - Beech

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Knives, 1 Nov 2013
My wife has always wanted a good set of kitchen knives. These are perfect and a real pleasure to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice knife set, 14 Sep 2013
These are really great knives, and they arrive incredibly sharp. A joy to cut meat, fruits, vegetables with. I wish the block had room to add a few more knives but it doesn't. The sharpening steel works well as it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Love them., 30 April 2013
I received my knife set yesterday and they are just amazing. I recommend the set to everyone who loves cooking. it just reduces the time you have to spend in the kitchen considerably.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly excellent knives, 29 Nov 2010
Greer Alwyn (France) - See all my reviews
I bought these knives several years ago and they really are top of the range alongside Global. I have used them every day and only occasionally need to sharpen them with a diamond sharpener. I was told when I bought them not to put them in the dishwasher and I never have - it takes just a few seconds to wash them with hot water and some washing up liquid. They feel great in your hand. The balance of these knives is perfect and they are very sharp. I have not regretted getting these, I love using them so much that I enjoy prepping my food rather than the cooking of it! Very highly recommended.

Wüsthof CLASSIC Knife block - 9835 Bbeechwood