4.0 out of 5 stars Great Four Wheeled Fun, 18 Aug. 2004
This review is from: ATV Offroad Fury 2 (Video Game)
I really like this game. My brother's a big fan of motocross-type games (most of which are complete rubbish) and bought this game months and months ago. These types of games aren't usually my bag, but one day he challenged me to a race on two-player mode and from then on, to my surprise, I was hooked.
Most, if not all, of the tracks require no braking at all - which makes it a high octane arcade racing game. I usually prefer simulation racing games like rally games, formula one or gran turismo, but this game is one of the best I've played in terms of easiness to pick-up-and-play. You have the standard brake and accelerator, as well as a "pre-load" suspension system that needs to be mastered in order to smash all the lap records. But you can get the hang of that in no time at all.
There's plenty of tricks that can be performed mid-air but I prefer to concentrate of putting my foot to the floor and trying to set new fastest laps.
The graphics are brilliant - very smooth and bright - and the sound is pretty good, backed up by your typical skateboarder-type soundtrack.
There's plenty to do within the game to keep you playing for weeks or months and there's loads of new bikes and overalls to unlock. But the most fun is to be had in multiplayer mode, where, as well as unlocking many games like quad bike hockey, you can race against up to three of your mates.
The fact that the gameplay itself is fairly basic means that you can have some really close races. Me and my brother are almost as fast as each other so it means we have some really tough battles for sibling supremacy and the banter's always good.
All in all, despite not being the most challenging of racing games, it's definately one of the most fun, and can keep you playing in single player mode for many weeks. We've had this game for months now, as I've already mentioned, and it's currently an indispensable member of our games collection. I'm sure me and my brother'll be having many more races in the future months.
Highly recommended, especially for the multiplayer aspect. You can't go wrong - especially at the low price it's being sold on Amazon. Buy it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeping it real(ish)., 27 Oct. 2003
This review is from: ATV Offroad Fury 2 (Video Game)
As I already own ATV Quad Power Racing 2, I thought I'd give this game a go - mainly after seeing it on a TV review show. I liked the fact that it has a helmet cam view, which makes it feel more real, rather than following from behind.
The graphics are great as is the game play. This game is great fun and feels much more realistic than ATV PR2.
The preload takes a little getting used to (a quick flick down/up of the left analog button), but it actually feels better than all that holding down R buttons.
A worthy addition for any mud monster's collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars IS ANYBODY THERE||, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: ATV Offroad Fury 2 (Video Game)
ABSOLUTLY BRILLIANT GAME FOR PS2....TOP JOB,THE PS3 VERSION IS GREATER BUT SO UNDERESTIMATED, LOVE IT ON THE PS3, BE BRILLIANT ON THE PS4 NO DOUBT!!!! SUPERB GAME!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Sept. 2014
OK

ATV Offroad Fury 2
ATV Offroad Fury 2 by THQ (PlayStation2)