Magix Photos on CD & DVD Deluxe 2.0
Price:£34.49+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 18 October 2003
Having tried a number of other Photos to DVD products, without much success, it was difficult to decide which other one should be next. I always felt that other products didn't offer everything an enthusiastic amateur required. After reading what could be expected of this new product I decided to buy it. And I'm so pleased I have.

This product does deliver very professional results. Probably due to the age of my DVD player it will only playback my slideshows on CD-RW discs, and am unable to test the DVD part of this package, but if that works as well as the CD-RW discs then you can expect something special.
The product has pretty well all of the functions you can ever believe you will need.

Functions such as Photo transition, Movement, Rotation, Photo Editing and a sophisticated Titles facility, although I have found some titles to be a little jerky during playback.
The adding of music to your shows could not be easier, and being able to select a track directly from any audio CD was especially helpful. The extra Audio Archive disc contained some bizarre sounds, but many have proved useful.

I'm sure this product could be a useful addition to anyone who has an interest in giving new life to their cherished photographs.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 10 December 2003
I bought this to allow me to easily put my holiday photos onto a DVD, (so I can bore my parents!). I didn't want to do anything fancy, just a plain slide show but this software is so easy to use I ended up with various menu's effects and music. I can't recommend this package highly enough - it is fast, extremely easy to use and learn and comes packed with easy to use effects, sounds etc.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 23 October 2003
This is a first class product. Within the space of my first weekend I produced a really slick presentation, I am over the moon with it. It sure beats the old twin slide projector system. I only had 64K of ram and this is not enough, you definitely need the requested 128K. You can work with 64K but be prepared for ponderous, stuttering, review playbacks and frequent hangups.
I have not given 5 stars because there are one or two functions that could be better. I will not outline these problem areas because I have not entirely given up hope that they are due to myself not fully understanding the system.
The majority of people who will buy this product are people like myself who want to make AV's of holidays and family events. One wonders why the accompanying effects disk has so many sound clips of explosions, gun shots and other useless noises, But few everyday sounds of the street and the countryside. I had to use a sound clip called Ale House to accompany some pictures of a church interior, not ideal.
In conclusion, I would give it 4 and a half stars if I could. I can't believe it's so good and so inexpensive well done Magix.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...