5.0 out of 5 stars Will last and last and last....
Published on 2 July 2007 by H. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in the design
I bought this as I thought it would be ideal for my active 20 month old son, who loves to bang everything.

On the plus side it is indeed colourful and well made, but I found the following downsides:
Published on 12 Jan 2012 by Mumof3

5.0 out of 5 stars Will last and last and last...., 2 July 2007
H. Jones - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy 6 Peg Hammer Bench (Baby Product)
... unless they lose the pegs! Bought for my one yr old he loves bashing it and taking the pegs out which was a real bonus to encourage his fine motor skills. My 3 yr old also really likes banging it. What I find very good is the fact that the pegs' holes have a rubber/plastic ring around them so that the pegs will not expand and get stuck in the bench as has happened with my (now probably antique) childhood wooden hammer bench.

Colours are very bright and the bench is well finished.

Only slight concern is that the hammer is quite solid, so for non-rational babies (whom it is not meant for) there needs to be supervision that they don't do themselves or others injury! (Hasn't happened yet with my 1 yr old but...)

Recommended without doubt!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for small hands, 5 July 2006
This review is from: Pintoy 6 Peg Hammer Bench (Baby Product)
This toy is extremely versatile. It is not simply a toy hammer bench that makes a noise, but allows the child to pull the pegs out, working their pinch grip while taking them out and their wrist movements to put them back in. It can be used for work on hand function, sequencing with colours as well as for fine motor development. I have used it with a child with cerebral palsy and it has been so good I have bought one for my occupational therapy department to use. An excellent, durable toy that is easy to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son's favourite toy, 8 Nov 2007
This review is from: Pintoy 6 Peg Hammer Bench (Baby Product)
My son was give this for his first birthday - he has played with it every day since. He uses it in it's traditional hammer-epg way but also like to stack the pegs in a tower on the edge and also uses the whole thing for a seat! I was a bit sceptical when he opened the box but the traditional toys certainly seem to be the favourite in this house!

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and well made, 22 Feb 2011
S. Biles (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy 6 Peg Hammer Bench (Baby Product)
This is a great wooden peg toy. Bought for my 1yr old boy. Both him and my older son 5yrs love to play with it. Well made, sturdy, colourful it is a great example of a push the peg toy. The pegs are nicely finished and the holes have rubber seals round them to prevent the pegs from falling straight through. The hammer is light enough for a small child to hit the pegs.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in the design, 12 Jan 2012
This review is from: Pintoy 6 Peg Hammer Bench (Baby Product)

- the rubber around each peg means they 'wobble' a bit when you hit them and don't go down 'straight', which for a young child without much eye-hand control this makes it less 'satisfying' to bang down
- the pegs come out (sometimes when hit at a funny angle, due to rubber) and therefore can get lost, chewed, thrown etc
- the hammer is solid wood, which I know is the point, but be aware that for a very young and active child like mine, this can become a weapon which is used on other surfaces, siblings etc etc!

I hoped it would be a safe focus for his energy, but unfortunately it failed - within minutes I had to confiscate the hammer and he lost interest due to the wobblyness of the sticks that don't bang down easily. Maybe better for a more gentle, focused child??? But even then I think a design without the rubber surround would be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent..., 24 Mar 2009
S. Langford (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy 6 Peg Hammer Bench (Baby Product)
Bought this for my son's first birthday. Excellent value for money compared to alternative benches, very well made. The pegs are sturdy for little ones, which is quite handy when you have a child who puts everything in their mouth!! Only downside is that my son is now using the sturdy hammer to bash all our furniture! Would def recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit limited. But durable and initially fun toy., 22 April 2012
This review is from: Pintoy 6 Peg Hammer Bench (Baby Product)
It's durable and easy for small children to play by themselves but it gets rather boring later.
My children use the hammer for other things.
Plus sides are the bright colours and it's safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nanny Dawn.n.i., 1 Dec 2010
This review is from: Pintoy 6 Peg Hammer Bench (Baby Product)
I bought this hammer bench for my one year old nephew's birthday.Of all the presents he received this was instantly used by all the children at his party!An exceptionally strong toy which helps child to develop eye-hand co-ordination.Painted in primary colours it provides a teaching aid for colour identification and pegs can be used for counting etc.Six months on, it is still being whacked! What a brilliant toy to let your toddler let of steam!A very safe toy,with non-toxic paint.Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 4 April 2009
This review is from: Pintoy 6 Peg Hammer Bench (Baby Product)
A good old fashioned toy that is loved by all 3 of my children, Nice and sturdy and excellent value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wobbly peg bench, 2 April 2009
Elizabeth Hudson "Lisaglenoak" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pintoy 6 Peg Hammer Bench (Baby Product)
This peg bench looks good but the pegs are not firmly held and an 18 month old can easily pull them out by hand. Also, when they are hit by the hammer, they go down at an angle, making them difficult to hit again. The hammer should be flat both sides; it is rounded one side and a baby gets the wrong side at least 50%of the time! Disappointing.

Pintoy 6 Peg Hammer Bench