5.0 out of 5 stars I love this woman..., 19 July 2009
Mr. J. H. Wheeler "Easy Street" (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Gentleman Friend (Audio CD)
Yep, I love this woman. However, since she's now gone from the planet it can only be unrequited, but I always...and WE always have her music. I am working towards having every album she ever made. Okay, every tune on every album won't be a favorite, but since when does that ever happen? It's one of the great efforts. I've bought four more to review...they'll all say: for heaven's sake, own this if you love purity in music, voice and arrangement.

5.0 out of 5 stars A recherche and intimate recording, 28 Jun. 2011
This review is from: My Gentleman Friend (Audio CD)
Blossom Dearie's Verve recordings are all splendid, and "Gentleman Friend" is no exception. This is perhaps the most intriguing programme of the collection: Dearie selects her material from a rarified smorgasbord of (then) contemporary songs and European numbers. Her time spent in Paris shows in her delightful renditions of "Boum" and "L'Etang" and we are also privilege to Dearie's almost unsurpassable sympathy for Cy Coleman's smart, sly songs, including "You Fascinate Me So" and "Too Good to Talk About Now". Carolyn Leigh's urbane, brilliantly crafted lyrics are perfect for Blossom's precise style.

Her supporting musicians are wonderful, Ms Dearie is on top form, and this release could not be more highly recommended for devotees of classy cabaret style.

My Gentleman Friend
My Gentleman Friend by Blossom Dearie (Audio CD - 2003)