5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera
Published on 12 May 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but heavy on use of batteries
Okay, but heavy on use of batteries.
Published 2 months ago by S Selley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera, 12 May 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Fuji FinePix A210 Digital Camera [3MP 3xOptical] (Electronics)
I bought this to replace my finepix 1.3. Initially I wasn't impressed, the camera is smaller but thicker than the 1.3 and has a smaller LCD. However using it rapidly changed my mind. It's much simpler to use than the 1.3, uncluding the use of the manual settings. It doesn't have a delay between pressing the button and the snap being taken, and uses only 2 batteries instead of 4. It is much more economical in its battery use.
The optical zoom is a real dream, and with the middle quality setting can also be enhanced with digital zoom. Even more impressive is the movie feature, which I assumed was just a sales gimmick. Its much more than that - it works great!
I also like the sliding lense cover, and the fact that the camera tells you when you've forgotten to open it.
Like many cameras it comes only with a 16mg card - I upgraded immediately to 128. The wrist strap was also missing when the camera arrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun camera at brilliant price, 10 Dec 2004
Matthew (Flitwick, England) - See all my reviews
I got this camera for my 14th birthday three months ago and didn't know anything about digital cameras, but I had seen this one and was amazed that it had the same features as many of the other cameras but was at such a lower price. I didn't know how well I would be able to operate this camera but was amazed at how quick I got used to it.
The fujifilm A210 has as much quality as anyone could want to take on holiday,or remember the joys of a birthday, or Christmas, and is loaded with features.
The 3.2 mega-pixels are more than standard, and the 3 x Optical Zoom and 3.2 x digital, isn't bad at all for this price, nor is the fact that the movies are of brilliant quality also.
This camera comes with a CD to download the pictures you have taken, onto your computer, via a USB cable which is supplied. Even though the box of this camera does say, "Designed for Windows Xp" the CD works perfectly on my standard Windows 98 computer. The USB cable also enables you to use this camera as a webcam and be viewed to many of your friends.
The negative points, (which come with every camera)can be solved at a cheap price. This camera comes with a picture card, which is basically a film for an ordinary camera except of course, this images(photos) can be deleted. BUT the picture card can hold a very little amount of good quality images, therefore to solve this problem you can buy a new "fujifilm XD picture card" which costs between £18+ for a decent 64mb card that will be able to hold much more images and movies. The last problem is one that bascially every camera has, batteries. The reason these are a problem is because of the fact that digital cameras wear them down very quick indeed, resulting in the cost of many new batteries, unless of course you do the obvious thing and buy a set of rechargeable batteries this will solve pounds and, in my opinion, last longer than famous unrechargeable batteries.
This camera is a very good buy, and all problems can be solved, this results in a brilliant digital camera at a superb price.

5.0 out of 5 stars IMPRESSIVE CAMERA, 25 April 2004
By A Customer
This is a super camera for the money,the picture quality even on lowerresolution settings is superb.The software that comes with it is very easyto use,anyone who is computer illiterate should not worry,you just connectthe camera to pc and it loads the softwear automatically.I also liked theslide show function,which shows your pics one after another in full screenformat,this is the best way to view pics in my opinion.I had troublefinding reviews about the webcam function on this camera,but I wassurprised and impressed by its quality.The video out function allows youto view pics on a TV screen which is also usefull if you want to showfriends your photos.It does go through batteries quickly,but once you getsome Ni mh rechargables,it will last a good while.The extras you will needfor this camera are a bit pricy,but worthwile in my opinion,I got extra 64mb of memory,a decent case obviously,an ac adapter for webcamming,and someNi mh rechargable batteries.All in all,a very good product,capable ofextremely good quality photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuji A210, 21 Mar 2004
This is the first Digital camera I've ever purchased, I read the other reveiws that were very helpful and true.
Nice looking camera, great picture display on rear, easy to use, fairly light in weight, overall I can recommend this to anyone who's wanting to purchase a smart little camera at a very reasonable price, and that coming from a tight Yorkshirman means a lot!!!!!
John (Barnsley)

4.0 out of 5 stars great product, 5 Feb 2004
This is a great product for first time photographers. The screen is good quality, making it easy to use and view pictures. The quality of the pictures is high. The flash options are good. The video recorder is high quality, and the camera is a good size and weight. I would recommend getting a bigger memory card. Overall this is a good value for money buy for people who just want to have a bit of fun with photography. It lost 1 star on the memory size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent first time digital camera!, 24 Feb 2004
By A Customer
This camera is excellent for any first time buyer or family looking for a simple, easy to use, perfect quality digital camera. I was recommended this camera by a photographer through work and he was right, for the money this little baby is exceptional quality. The 1 minute movie maker is cool, brilliant for those little moments the still camera just can't catch. Only downside was the memory card (16mb) - because believe me once you use it you just can't stop! Brilliant purchase ****

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it claims, 29 Mar 2006
J. M. Seggar "jmseggar" (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
I was really pleased when this little camera arrived, it is compact but comfortably chunky and does exactly what it says it can, no more no less! It is easy to use, and I found it really easy to transfer the pics onto my laptop.
A brilliant starter camera for those of us who do not want extra bells, whistles and frills that we will not use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb little camera, 14 Mar 2004
I am a first timer to a digital camera and have to say this little number is quite superb.Very easy to use picture quality is high,nice and compact and very light weight.
I strongly recommend this to first timers of digital photography.
Very very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera, 9 May 2007
S. Gilmore (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I really like this camera - it's my first digital camera and I've found it easy to use but with lots of features. Batteries last reasonably well, the zoom is fairly good, and the screen is nice and big.

Images are good quality - even at full screen size on my computer they're sharp.

For the price, it's fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuji Excellence will out!, 18 April 2009
A. S. Clarke - See all my reviews
Have had my A210 for several years now. Frankly, have yet to see its' equal. Fabulous quality pics, easy menu, light weight and compact - I will really struggle to find a better replacement. My sons' wedding, my Website pics, and thousands of images Worldwide have been created with the help of this Camera, I am a massive fan and recommend it wholeheartedly.

Fuji FinePix A210 Digital Camera [3MP 3xOptical]