on 29 June 2010
My son went bananas when we gave him this as he is always after my tools. Now he can help daddy when I'm doing DIY and he loves it! Very good quality too!
on 21 October 2014
My oldest son loved this drill to bits (literally). He loved the noise it makes, the light that shines in the drill fitting, and the fact that you can change the direction of the drill with the switch on top. However, the fixings that hold the battery compartment on the bottom of the drill are (in my opinion) overly fragile for a toy that is meant to be 'played with' by enthusiastic young children. It only lasted a matter of weeks before the fixings broke and then we had to resort to selotape to hold the battery-box on. This was less than satisfactory as they wouldn't make a continuous connection, causing much frustration for my boy. After a year of complaining whenever he has got it out to play with I have chucked it in the bin. My youngest is now the right age to get one for Christmas, but I will be looking for one that doesn't have the batteries attached at the bottom like this - beware!
on 7 January 2011
This gave instant amusement to boy and girls, and is well thought out with detachable battery and tools, lots of whirring and lights.
on 25 February 2014
Bought this Bosch toy screwdriver/drill for our 2 year old grandson and he absolutely loves it!As others have said he can now help his Daddy with all those DIY chores.Very realistic with forward/reverse and slow/fast motion and a light inside the drill when in use.
Seems sturdy ,well made toy. He has already thrown it about and dropped it many times.
Not sure how long batteries will last with constant use.
Definitely recommend it!
VINE VOICEon 18 February 2016
A much loved birthday present for a 7 year old girl nuts on her safe real tools, but obviously can't have a real power tool to play with! This really does look like her daddy's real drill. The battery compartment base adds weight which makes the experience more realistic too. The flat base allows the drill to stand up on it's own.

There is a red light inside the chuck, visible through the perspex gaps. This remains 'on' as the chuck rotates; rotating while the trigger button on the handle is depressed. The light is constant and bright with no intermittent flashing, looks cool in the dark too! The section between the drill body and chuck has a definite firm feel as it turns giving a realistic 'click' for each number and the bit option selected. Although this does not actually change speed, it's satisfying to turn.

A red button above the yellow trigger button can be pushed in, either side. This causes the chuck, whilst the yellow trigger button is pressed, to 'tighten' rotate right or reverse 'loosen' rotate left.

The yellow slider on top of the main body of the drill, selects fast chuck rotation when slid forward and slow when slid back. A very realistic drill noise is audible while the chuck rotates, louder for the fast speed and quieter for the slow speed.

Four silver grey chunky 'bits' are included; Flat Head, Cross Head, Tapered Cross Head and Rounded Screw. These push in and pull out of the chuck easily, remaining securely in place when turning in either direction. The black handle grip and open ventilation slits each side at the end of the drill, add to the authentic look.

Measurements approx;
Standing height 19 cm
Drill body length 17 cm
Handle diameter below button 10.5 cm
Bit lengths from just under 6 cm to 6.5 cm

Although there are no chunky plastic screws or bolts included with this drill, some from other random tool sets happen to fit. The drill bits could perhaps be taken to a shop to match up with toy screws and bolts if someone doesn't already have any.

This seems a quality plastic, very realistic replica power drill, affording maximum role play potential. The only concern is the base battery compartment, an overly complex, poor design for the job. Also the tiny screw underneath the base inside is difficult to undo. This aspect was disappointing for this older child, as she can replace her own batteries and needed adult intervention for this. Even connected and tightened by an adult, this base does not fit snugly. I feel this will be the weak element, time will tell. A close call, nearly a rare 4 star review here. The saving grace, for now this battery compartment is remaining in situ and the power is getting through; an avoidable flaw in an otherwise realistic replica drill. I'll conclude with the owner's loud and excited statement... " I LOVE THIS DRILL!".
on 17 September 2011
Our young son loves watching me do DIY, although he does want to take my tools off me all the time. So we bought him this.
He loves it, and I'm impressed too. The battery compartment (for 3 AA 's) is in the base where the battery unit in a real power driver is, giving the toy the weight and feel of a real one. It also has 2 speeds, a forward and reverse switch and a few other 'bits'. Just to go one better than the real thing, it also has a red light in the end.
The toy Bosch seems to be very good quality, and has already provided hours of fun for our little one
on 3 March 2014
I brought this for my 3year old grandson who now fixes everything with his dad, he loves it.
Would recommend it for any young lad.
on 2 March 2014
This is a staple toy for any young boy. My little lad loves to play with it, especially when helping his Daddy with little jobs around the house.

Klein Bosch also sent me a complimentary replacement battery box when I managed to break the original one - fantastic customer service! I am looking to buy more from the Klein Bosch range.
on 8 January 2013
Went to put batteries in on christmas morning and broke within seconds of me trying. The battery compartment is difficult to get in to without first breaking the cheap plastic around it. Also the base of the screwdriver wouldnt lock into place. Very dissapointed parent and child on christmas morning.
on 15 June 2011
Son's never been so happy as when he saw this. Its a great idea, and now that he can "help" me while I'm doing the old bit of DIY around the place with my real posi-drive, we get to spend more time tegther. AAAAAWwwwwww!