Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£3.14+ £1.26 shipping

on 27 November 2003
Adamski? Yep, I've listened ever since that Killer record and have been hooked ever since. Seal's albums right up to this one have always been soulful, but in a strange kind of way, very English, despite his Nigerian origins. I believe Seal's music has never been black or white, just thoughtful and deep with meaningful lyrics, always thought provoking and moody yet relevant. Forget mediocre reviews of Seal, all the albums are great, and this one is a "modern revelation". Some people don't listen enough to albums. Newcomers can listen to this album and quite confidently listen to his past accomplishments. Think about it, 13 years and 4 albums, quality not quantity, and I'd be surprised if at least one track could not stir your emotions and maybe make you shed a tear relating to one experience in your life. Lose yourself in his music and remember to give each album 3 sessions of listening before you judge. Seal and big Trev (Trevor Horn) have done it again. Guaranteed, you will ALWAYS replay your Seal albums over the next few years where other albums and artists collect in dust, and so bring on the next album. He truly is a unique artist with a way of cutting through the monotonous bilge that fills the charts today. On this album, there's such a crossover of music that there is something for everyone, from funk to soul, pop to dance. Without doubt, a superb album.
on 13 October 2003
This CD was well worth the wait, it is definately Seal at his finest yet. His distinctive voice and style has grown, and is clearly shown on this album. I bought this album because I have always loved Seal's music,I had not heard a single track, but it was the best purchase I have made in a long time. It has yet to be removed from the CD player !!! I would say that if you liked Seals previous music, then buy this album. Seal has reached a higher level within his music, lyrically, vocally and emotionally, but has retained his own individual style. Go get, listen and enjoy!
on 28 May 2004
Almost a decade has passed since the last album from Seal. It was worth all the waiting.
As with most of the albums I've ended up liking the most, IV seemed a bit disapointing the first few times I took it for a spin in the CD player. After 10 years without news from one of the very best male singers, all one wants is more of the superb stuff already sitting there in their worn cases on the CD shelf. However, Seal has clearely matured his music and has the guts to experiment as on "Where there is Gold" and "Let me Roll". This is carried out with a steady hand.
Still, IV is at the same time Seal as we know him as on the tracks "Get it together", "My vision" and "Heavenly...". Especially "Heavenly..." has that thing which make the hairs in the back of your neck stand up straight (especially when you play it loud).
Only negative thing to say it that there is a rather long Club Mix appended as a bonus track. This is a bad track and it demands you to get up of your listning chair (or grab for the remote) in order not to have the experience of an otherwise perfect work of art distorted.
Mr. Feelgood is back! - Please come back more often!
on 19 September 2003
Seal's third album Human Beings was a near commercial disaster, nowhere near matching the sales of his first two albums. Human Beings by his admission was his best album and the disappointment of it flopping has led to the five year wait for this album Seal IV, on the way consigning a whole record named "wonderland" to the scrapheap.
Well, Seal IV is worth the wait, his voice is an even more lucious gravel fuelled an harmonious than before. There's an inclusion of orchestral arrangements in most songs which give the album a great ambience. Apart for a couple of dancy upbeat songs like my vision, its an altogether more melancholy, reflective seal than we have heard before. Highlights are loves divine and tinseltown.
Its not as good as Human Beings, but it still needs to be in your record collection.
on 21 December 2003
Absolutely superb. I heard it playing in a store while shopping in New York and it was the first time I have ever approached a store assistant to ask the name of the playing CD before marching to a record shop and buying it after only hearing one song. That song - Waiting for You - remains my favourite and I am incapable of standing still in my house when it's on. The rest of the album is fabulous - to be honest i had slightly forgotten about my old Seal albums, but this has made me put them all back on the stereo and listen to them again and again and again.....
on 19 September 2003
I've been waiting too long for this album. Although not as cutting edge as his first two albums - Seal and Seal II - I believe that Seal's voice has lost none of that lovely soulful, husky quality. The whole album is a pleasure to listen to.
Seal's thouhtful and sometimes poignant lyrics - most notably in track 2 'Love's Divine' and 4 'My Vision', coupled with his clear diction, make this a must for all Seal fans.
From thought provoking ballads to thumping club, I feel it's all there for the taking.
on 28 November 2003
Adamski? Yep, I've listened ever since that Killer record and have been hooked ever since. Seal's albums right up to this one have always been soulful, but in a strange kind of way, very English, despite his Nigerian origins. I believe Seal's music has never been black or white, just thoughtful and deep with meaningful lyrics, always thought provoking and moody yet relevant. Forget mediocre reviews of Seal, especially Human Beings (brilliant if you don't jump on the hype bandwagon) all the albums are great, and this one is a "modern revelation". Some people don't listen enough to albums. Newcomers can listen to this album and quite confidently listen to his past accomplishments. Think about it, 13 years and 4 albums, quality not quantity, and I'd be surprised if at least one track could not stir your emotions and maybe make you shed a tear relating to one experience in your life. Lose yourself in his music and remember to give each album 3 sessions of listening before you judge. Seal and big Trev (Trevor Horn) have done it again. Guaranteed, you will ALWAYS replay your Seal albums over the next few years where other albums and artists collect in dust, and so bring on the next album. He truly is a unique artist with a way of cutting through the monotonous bilge that fills the charts today. On this album, there's such a crossover of music that there is something for everyone, from funk to soul, pop to dance. Without doubt, a superb album.
on 23 September 2003
This is a fab album from a great artist, the only shame is that we have to wait so long in between, but then sometimes this makes us appreciate them more, Seal has a connection with music that I rarely come across, you can boogie, quiver, cry and be haunted by his tones and melodies, I have played this album over and over as I have all the others and as he says himself "this is the best I can do now"
he is wrong this is one of his greatest.... well done Seal we have missed you and await your genius again in the future.
on 7 October 2013
I bought this CD because I had been listening to it over the summer. It is so mellow and easy to listen to. I love having it play in the background whilst doing other things.

Recommend it to anyone who likes easy listening music
on 20 September 2003
I have just listened to the entire album a couple of times and whilst it is not the old "killer" SEAL style it does bring something new, smoother and just as worthy.
He has lost none of his skill in bringing emotion into music through arrangement and vocals. The production is excellent with real low notes coming out of the speakers that I don't often hear anymore.
It has a calmer, deeper soul and I applaud an artist willing to put this quality together in a "plop idol" world. Singles may not fall off it but I doubt it will leave my CD player for some time.
I only hope we don't wait so long for his next installment, it is wonderful to have new material like this again.