5.0 out of 5 stars The World's Best PDA?
I remember when HP'S IPAQ series was introduced, back in April 2000. I thought, Why buy one now? If I wait a few years they'll release superior models, packed with dozens more features. Although technolagy does and allways will improve every day, now is the time to make an investment.
Published on 28 Aug 2003 by T. Barker

2.0 out of 5 stars Toothing problems?
I was a novice PDA user: I read all the reviews and agonised between iPAQ and Palm, and plumped for the former - mostly because of the handwriting recognition software option. I wanted to focus mostly on using it as a diary and organiser and viewing and editing word and excel files.
First off I was very impressed; it was fast and relatively user friendly. Nice...
Published on 1 Jan 2004 by R. Fry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The World's Best PDA?, 28 Aug 2003
T. Barker "Bisler" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English) (Office Product)
Whilst a lot of PDA's in the market are hideously ugly, the design of the H2210 is nothing short of outstanding, it's a very small and slim device, it has grip on each side and fit's in your hand perfectly. You can ignore the saying, "Never judge a book by its cover" because it's appearance is nothing compared to the pda itself.
After a day with my H2210, I realised... why would anyone want to buy an mp3 player, or a portable dvd player when you can buy one of these. I loaded an episode of the Simpsons onto a compact flash disk, and played it with my H2210. It was very smooth, and the video & audio quality was outstanding. I also tried playing a few MP3's.. they also played with no problem.
One of the great features of the H2210, is its expandibility. It accepts SecureDigital and CompactFlash cards. What does this mean? It means you can hook it up to almost any electrical device - be it a Digital Camera, MP3 Player, Digital Camcorder and a range of other devices.
Also included, is it's bluetooth capability. I had it connected up with my SonyEricsson T610 with ease. I could send pictures i'd taken with my camera phone, ringtones, screensavers e.t.c
I also had no problem sending files back to my phone.
And it also has "the old" infared port. However, It comes with an application which turns your pda into a remote control. You can set it to control almost anything - dvd players, televisions, video machines e.t.c. While I was testing this great app, I realised the InfaRed port had a rather "long" range... To put it simply, My nextdoor neighbour was slightly confused as to why his television had a mind of its own.
Although the PDA doesn't have a built in wireless networking card, you can buy a compact-flash adaptor for it, and although I haven't got one myself - I've been told they're easy to setup and use.
It's powered by the fastest mobile processor currently available, a 400MHZ XSCALE CPU. It runs games with ease and with great performance. It also comes with PocketPC 2003 Premium edition and WindowsMedia Player 9, the most upto date OS available. It also comes with a USB Cradle for easy charging.
It's worth every penny - and no matter who you are, you will find a use from this. The only other PDA to look at is the BigDaddy Ipaq (the H2210's brother), the H5550. However, unless you really think you need a biometric fingerprint scanner stick with this model.
You don't need to look any further than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 8 Jan 2004
Martin Davidson "modularcarpet" (Luton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English) (Office Product)
I bought my ipaq 2210 about 4 months ago, so I have had plenty of time to get used to it. Other people seem to keep it for a couple of days, have a problem and return it without giving it a proper chance.
I was seriously torn between getting this and the Palm Tungsten T3. I chose the 2210 in the end, because it has a user replacable battery (unlike the T3). I did have a Psion Revo, which worked fine until the battery started playing up. It wasn't worth paying 100 for Psion to fix it for me.
I'm very pleased with my purchase. The battery life stated, is a fair estimate. It will last me about a week of normal use (Calender, Contacts a few games and reading e-books). The screen is excellent and very bright. I have it on the very lowest setting, which is fine except for very bright sunlight.
Bluetooth is reliable and I paired it with my T68i mobile no probs. It did take a while to setup Activesync via Bluetooth with my laptop, but once setup works every time.
It's nice and small - a good compromise between form and function (the 5450 is way too big IMHO). The case it comes with is pretty good - I've dropped it twice :-( with only a scratch on one of the corners which isn't covered (could have been the end).
Small, solid, feature packed and a good price - well worth it - buy one!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 25 May 2004
This review is from: HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English) (Office Product)
As said by the other reviews, its an amazing product all i think needs saying are a few things to clarify;
The rubber side grips haven't fallen off mine and seem ok, maybe i'm lucky but i do take good care of it
If you purchase, download the ROM update from HP as it sorts out some irritating peculiarities with the Bluetooth
If wanting the internet on it, I advise a SD wireless LAN adaptor or via Bluetooth, a CF adaptor drains the battery very quickly
A free converter to turn MS Word documents into MS Reader files for easy viewing on an iPaq is available from microsoft
The games Hexen and Doom are available for the iPaq identical to the originals, great for long train rides
I've never had any problems with the H2210, the HUGE selection of software and it's PC compatability puts it way ahead of it's PalmOS rivals

5.0 out of 5 stars Great PDA, 14 Mar 2004
J. Page "J Page" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English) (Office Product)
I made the quantum leap recently from my old Palm Vx to the Ipaq 2210 and it was a move well worth making. I haven't had any of the problems outlined by other reviewers (which may have been a firmware problem or possibly just a bad batch) and have copied my Palm data over without a hitch. If you are migrating from a Palm device you do need to ensure that you get it to synchronise with Outlook rather than the Palm desktop but this is pretty straightforward. Here are the high points:
- The handwriting recognition is very good and you get several options for data entry i.e. natural writing, Palm type graffiti and also the on screen keyboard.
- Build quality is good. It’s about the same weight as my old Vx but packed with many more goodies. Even though it is plastic it does seem to be pretty robust.
- The screen quality is superb.
- Good battery life
- Lots and lots of applications out there.
- 64Mb of internal memory puts this device up there with the top end PDAs.
- You get both SD and Compact Flash slots which gives a LOT more flexibility.
I haven’t had a single problem with this PDA. It’s a sexy, powerful device and I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Could they get much better than this?, 15 Oct 2003
This review is from: HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English) (Office Product)
I've been blown away with the quality, features and functions of the iPAQ 2210. I was originally torn between the features of the 2210 and the slimness of the 1940 but I'm very pleased with my choice. I read a lot of reviews before I bought, most of which were very complementary although some had a few little niggles. If you've looked around on the web too you will recognise these. First the slip on case. Use it, it's actually very good although I will buy one with a flip top soon. Inside the case on the left you will find a thin label that can be cut off with scissors and I think that is what may have caused the side rubber strips to get damaged. The case is quite tight but it will probably stretch with use. The screen does appear to have a row of 5 faint black marks on the bottom edge if you tilt it slightly towards you but they are otherwise practically unnoticeable. The battery seems quite capable and should easily give the 8 hours use as stated. The finish is beautiful. I don't even think about it being made of plastic. It feels solid and dependable. It's a perfect size for the average hand and the viewing area is big enough for easy reading of text. The screen is bright and clear. I have the contrast turned down to half mostly as that is bright enough for me indoors and outdoors, even in sunlight, it's perfectly readable. It has stacks of software loaded and it's nearly all of use. The handwriting recognition feature took me by surprise as I didn't think I'd use it but it works very well and is sometimes better than typing. You can tell it how you normally write different letters to help. As the ipaq already has fully functioning integrated bluetooth,(you don't need a card for the ipaq) I also bought a Belkin Bluetooth USB adapter with it for my PC and this allows me to hook up to my computer and work remotely. The range gives me easily 30 feet from my PC, so if the wife's got a headache I can sit up in bed and listen to music, upload files, use email and surf the net all at the same time...maybe buy some more stuff from Amazon while I'm at it!(Commission please!) I connect remotely through the Activesync program to my broadband connection and Windows XP and although it's obviously slower and you have to keep scrolling around the screen, it's more than usable. It's a bit fidly to set up but there's help out there. I really like having the CF card slot. I can use the card from my digital camera to instantly look at the pictures or, more frequently use one (256mb) to store a bunch of mp3's. I now need to buy an SD card to maximise the memory capability as unfortunately no cards are supplied with the iPAQ. I do have one complaint. I would like to have had a written manual. There is one on the web but its 125 pages long!
Price, no it's not cheap but this is a serious piece of kit and I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another new world, 2 Aug 2004
This review is from: HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English) (Office Product)
I have had about a years exposure to Protable computing devices such as the Palm Tungsten E and this Hp offering.
A few months a go I traded in my palm for the ipaq. The reason being that I wanted wifi option and more power for games and other applications.
The change has been nothing short of meteoric. I would recomend getting a wifi card as I hadn't realised how much difference a wifi connection would make to how I use the device.
Here are some of the things I now get upto with my newfound ipaq friend:
- Reading and sending email in real time
- Viewing BB film trailiers on the loo!
- Listening to worldwide radio anywher in my house
- Listening to MP3's (I've now also sold my minidisc player).
- Playing old Lucas Arts games like Monkey Island etc
- Playing Arcade games on mame
- Recording live audio
- Having a sync calandar and contacts where ever I go
- Chating to friends on messenager in the lounge
- Keeping up with the Papers (guardian unlimited is great!)
- Having my photo's and movies with me all the time.
All in all, this has been an excellent purchase. One worth shopping around for as prices seem to vary greatly.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is about as good as PDAs get., 11 Feb 2006
This review is from: HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English) (Office Product)
I bought mine about 20 months ago. I have been very pleased with it despite a number of small issues.
Firstly, the bad. Two known faults with this device are:
-the joystick breaks. You can buy spares for about 6.50 online, and it doesn't prevent normal use of the unit anyway.
-the rubber grips on the side fall apart. The latest revision is a little better - they fall off instead! :-s Again, this doesn't stop you making full use of the PDA, and excellent metal sidegrips are available, if a litle pricey, if you look around.
So, with these two physical failings, why am i so keen on the device?
-It's very compact but with a decent size screen
-It's very attractively designed
-The screen is pretty good
-It's fast
-it makes a great mp3 player
-It doesn't suffer from any major software issues. Many PDAs do. There are updates for a couple of issues you might come across.
-Several good external keyboards are available for this pda.
-Great built in software like HP Backup and Nevo universal remote control.
The unit, like all PDAs, is rather slow when accessing flash memory. If you get good software (eg SPB imageer) then it's useable for looking at the pictures from your high-res digital camera. Otherwise, it's just too slow.
Mine has had heavy use since the day I bought it, and i've been very pleased with it. I think mine may have been damaged when i accidentally plugged it into an incompatible keyboard, as now it sometimes crashes, which it very rarely did before. I'm looking for an identical unit to replace it, even if it means going second hand. I reckon that's quite a recommendation for this model.
I recommend SPB pocket plus for this ipaq. It improves the software considerably. (no, i have no connection with SPB except for being a pleased customer!)
I feel it necessary to correct a statement made in another review. There *IS* a backup battery that keeps your data when you switch batteries. It's only intended to last about 10 minutes, but how long does it take to switch a battery over? You should be making regular use of the excellent supplied "HP Backup" utility anyway, so it shouldn't be the end of the world if you have to restore a backup. It's quick and easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 12 Jan 2004
This review is from: HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English) (Office Product)
this has got to be one of the best products i have bought - it is cheap, and very handy! loads of software, links to the net via bluetooth! MP3's are great quality. all in all it does everything i want
the only reason why i don't rate it a 5 is because ever now and then, when you turn it on, it turns it's self back off again.....which is strange. but all in all a very good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Bags of Fun, 14 Jan 2004
R M Elliott "Rannie" (Walsall United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English) (Office Product)
After having a HP jornada, I was was fustrated with not being able to upgrade to PPC 2002. I read a few review and opted for the 2210. It's my 2nd wife at the moment whilst I use the internet via bluetooth at home (in my armchair whilst watching football) whilst the kids use instant messenger, I also hot sync at home via bluetooth because I leave my USB cradle at work. I can connect to the intranet at work and sync all my appointments and meetings.It plays MP3 so I use a flash card for that and use a SD card at the same time for storing workable files from work. Also it's great as I can go through my junk emails from work at anytime.
Although not a fault with this actual machine, you will have to tweek the functionality by downloading software, as I found pocket internet explorer is limited in functionality and their are some good upgrades for the calendar. I have also loaded a bluetooth dialer for my mobile so I can dial my contacts straight from my PDA.
I have given it five stars because of all the fun I am having with it at the moment(however in reality it gets 4.5, because microsoft are so stingy with what they deliver with PPC2003).
My byestore memory (256) works fine and I am once more king of my living room, (when the kids hide all the remote controls I get my PDA out and use NEVO which is a very powerful remote control application which comes free with 2210)

5.0 out of 5 stars H2210 Best PDA I've Used, 8 Dec 2003
This review is from: HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English) (Office Product)
I have used lots of different PDA's in the past including a palm IIIc, IIIe, psion 3c, Ericsson Windows CE machine, and the 2210 definately out performs them all, the quality of play back with MP3's through my head phones is excellent, the amount of software available rivals even palm, and the device is fast and easy to use, the dual expansion slot allows for infinate upgrades, and I am very pleased with this device. BUY ONE NOW before HP realise that this device is going to out sell the H4150 (and put the price up), the specs are almost identical but the H2210 can be upgraded for faster wireless etc.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa476fdc8)

HP iPAQ H2210 Pocket PC (English)
295.00