5.0 out of 5 stars Top pot
This is a really excellent coffee pot. It looks gorgeous and it does a superb job of keeping coffee hot. It filters the grounds really well and it pours without dripping. Then it sits there looking sleek & sexy and keeps your coffee hot all the while.

Published on 27 Aug 2009 by Rubia Murphy

3.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Columbia Coffee Press
Published on 1 Mar 2006 by MRS ANN GENTLEMAN

3.0 out of 5 stars Bodum Columbia Coffee Press, 1 Mar 2006
This review is from: Bodum 0.35 L/12 oz Columbia 3 Cup Coffee Maker (Kitchen & Home)
This coffee press certainly has the stylish looks it advertises, but is let down by its proclivity to dump coffee all over my kitchen counter. There is something about the cover not being straight on top of the coffee that makes it suck in air and I was disappointed to find the new plastic filter less efficient than Bodum's usual metal assembly. But it does keep the coffee hot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Top pot, 27 Aug 2009
Rubia Murphy (Guadalajara, Spain) - See all my reviews

I have given several of these as gifts to a number of my friends, and regularly they tell me how much they love it [them].

It's dishwasher safe, virtually indestructible, and the shape gives it a low centre of gravity and thereby makes it hard to knock over.

It's a five star product all the way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Caffine Hit!, 20 May 2008
D. R. Sargent (UK) - See all my reviews
Really happy with this - I suspect it might be subtly different to the other reviewer's model. Cap fits snugly, no issues with coffee being dumped and I have a metal filter. The real attraction for myself is the fact that it will bounce rather than smash if dropped! It looks good too, and is well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bodum 1312 Columbia Tea and Coffee Press-1.5ltr, 7 Aug 2005
David Read "byalot" (Norwich) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Bodum coffee/tea press last year and after daily use can highly recommend it. I only use it for coffee. This press is a very attractive product in keeping with the Bodum range. It keeps coffee hot for up to 2 hours and when finished is easily cleaned. A very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coffeemaker on the market, 11 Nov 2007
C. Johnson "flosssy" (UK) - See all my reviews
What can I say - it looks stylish, makes a vast quantity and keeps it hot for hours. Best coffee investment I ever made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in its class, 19 Jan 2011
Amazon Addict (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought this as a replacement for an inferior brand of insulated cafetiere. The other one (Judge) had a spring above the edge of the wire filter mesh that gave out on first use on plunging. This lovely jug has a silicone rubber ring instead of the spring -flush with the mesh- so that there is a good seal all around the mesh. It works very well -take care not to use too much force. The seal is so good that you could cause pressure damage if too enthusiastic on plunging.

The insulation works fairly well, and it keeps my Saturday morning coffee lake hot for an hour of reading the papers -unlike the glass version I also own and use when it will all get poured quickly. I love coffee, and can easily drink a litre all on my own in a morning. This is perfect for keeping it drinkable.

Another review mentions an air leak after putting it in the dishwasher. I'd advise against putting it in in the first place. I have to say the info leaflet in the box was about glass cafetieres and not this one, so there was no info about dishwashing durability. Wash it by hand -and take care to wash it on its own as the highly polished surface (very beautiful to look at) scratches easily.

Aesthetically this is a graceful and pleasing object -I like it for that as much as its functionality in making coffee well.

I have a feeling that if I look after this, it will look after me.

Highly recommended.

UPDATE APRIL 2011

Tragedy... I carelessly dropped my lovely cafetiere. It actually bounced off the hard kitchen floor and now has a dent just off centre on the front. :- However it still works fine and there are no cracks on seams or air leaks -so this does seem very well made. Glass would certainly not have survived.

Well I now have a limited edition of one -my very own customised "distressed" Bodum cafetiere. Not as distressed as I was, but my penultimate comment in the original review was borne out -it is looking after me (even if I let it down).

Advice -don't bounce your Bodum.

UPDATE OCTOBER 2011

Bodum still going strong and performing as new. It seems durable and reliable. No more dents -I have been very careful!

UPDATE DECEMBER 2011

Bodum continuing stubbornly to defy all predictions of failure and air leaking from users of little faith. No more dents as yet and still looking good, and making superb coffee. Insulating properties not noticeably different from the start. Still very pleased with this cafetiere.

Happy Christmas!

UPDATE JULY 2012

Still going strong and goes on working without air leaks or any problems at all.

Continues to be highly recommended

UPDATE DECEMBER 2012

So here it is, Merry Christmas, everybody's having fun.
And I'm still having coffee from my Bodum as good as the very first cup it made.

Happy Christmas everybody!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Yet, 11 Feb 2004
By A Customer
The new Bodum, double-walled, stainless steel cafetiere is the best yet. No more broken glass jugs, and it keeps the coffee hot!
The plunger mechanism is an advance on previous models; much less fiddly and easier to clean.
The coffee pot is also stylish on the kitchen worktop. Its rounded shape, chunky handle and neatly shaped plunger are set to make it a design classic for the future.
Definitely a must have purchase for coffee junkies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, 7 April 2010
A. Leigh (UK) - See all my reviews
Took delivery of mine today, used four times. Fabulous product, real quality feel and fit about the product.

Coffee is substantially hotter then with glass versions.

Don't prevaricate any longer, get one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 28 Nov 2009
M. Moosa "mmoosa" (UK) - See all my reviews
This truly is a bargain! I am a coffee fanatic, but after having researched and tried all the different types and ways of making coffee, nothing beats a freshly pressed cup of coffee! The build quality on this thing is amazing, it feel solid and will hopefully last me many many cups of coffee, much better than the glass beakers which lose heat quicker and break easily, this will prevent both from happening! I could not believe amazon's price, thanks amazon!

If you found the review helpful, please let me know by clicking yes or no, thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars looks nice, 22 Jun 2010
the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
well made solid piece of kitchen equipment.
can be prone to spilling if pressed too early.
much cheaper on here than john lewis et al
ideal size for one mug of coffee