4.0 out of 5 stars Anthems don't have to be heavy - Oh No is really neat!
True, this album isn't as heavy as 'This is Really Neat' but it is just as good.
Its great to hear Crackout developing a more individual sound and fulfilling the promise of their debut. I bought this album because I wanted more of the same anthemic rock as 'TIRN' but I'm glad this album delivers something different...
Crackout's lead singer is blessed with a...
Published on 24 Jun 2005 by Happy Book Buyer

3.0 out of 5 stars This is really neat? More like Oh No
Having purchased This is Really Neat, and adored every song featured on Crackout's first album, hopes were high for this second performance with Oh No
Published on 17 Nov 2004 by dmcqueen196

4.0 out of 5 stars Anthems don't have to be heavy - Oh No is really neat!, 24 Jun 2005
This review is from: Oh No! (Audio CD)
Crackout's lead singer is blessed with a very distinctive voice and this lighter album lets that come to the fore. 'Insect Song' is the top track for me - it is just achingly gorgeous.
And there are still some great rock-out tunes. Crackout have matured - their subject matter is more grown-up and their sound has changed to match it - but even though the band have moved away from the angry angst of their debut, a punk heart still beats through all these songs.
This latest album is just fantastic and as a result Crackout have been promoted to my new favourite band. I hope they go on to do great things and can't wait for another album. Why aren't these guys more famous...?

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh Yes indeed, 17 May 2004
J. L. Kelly - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oh No! (Audio CD)
As pleased as I was with Crackout's first album "This is really neat" I was looking forward to see how the often difficult second album matched up.
No disappointment here though as "Oh No!" is just as good if not better than the first album. The music is a lot fresher sounding and not as heavy going as "This is really neat" and I think this will appeal to a lot more people. I am glad to finally see a band that are not put off by the American rock influence and just do their own British thing, which is part of their growing appeal.
From the first very upbeat and funky track "Out of our minds" to the stand out tracks like "Wait" and the rather excellently written and performed "Robots have feelings" this album is quite an accomplishment. The single release of "This is what we do" was also very good and was backed up by an excellent b side cover of Beyonce's "Crazy in love" which I recommend you listen to.
My only concern when buying this album was that at just under 40 minutes it was a bit short. However, as they say, it's not the quantity, it's the quality, and that says it all right here. If you're a fan of upbeat, rock/indie music then stop looking around and start your buying here. "Oh No!" comes highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Matured but still rocking, 29 Sep 2003
Brilliant.
Admittedly they have matured since This Is Really Neat, and now focus on more intricate songs.
Some songs such as 'Out Of Our Minds' remind me of early Blur.
It may be true that this album is lacking many anthemic songs, such as 'I Am The One' and 'You Dumb F*ck', however all the songs you hear will stick. And you'll want to play them again, and again, and again.
Robots Have Feelings is certainly a stand-out track, however the whole album is pure brilliance.
AND... it's very British. Making it one of the most refreshing rock albums heard - whereas most rock bands will attempt to create an American sound, Crackout do not. They stick to their roots.
They're also very nice people.
If you have any sense at all, buy this album now.
You shall not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh No!, 20 Mar 2004
This review is from: Oh No! (Audio CD)
I bought this album the day it came out. I was pleasantly surprised to see how much more the band have matured musically. my favourite songs are pale, robots have feelings and freakin' all night. i had heard robots have feelings before the release of the album so i was guessing that the new album was to be different.
steven's voice works so well with the mood of the album, even though quiet in some places, powerful throughout.
the album is a bit short, the b sides on the 'this is what we do' single could have been put on the album.
once buying this album, you will not be able to stop listening to it, definetly worth buying

3.0 out of 5 stars This is really neat? More like Oh No, 17 Nov 2004
This review is from: Oh No! (Audio CD)
But, if you pardon the pun, Oh no this isn't quite as good as their first helping. Don't get me wrong, songs like 'This Is What We Do' and 'Robots Have Feelings' are some top tunes, but it just lacks the sparkle of their first album.
They do appear slightly 'grown up' if that's the correct term, but to some extent that's a shame.
My recommendation: if you're looking for their anthemic side, get This Is Really Neat. If you're after a more matured, sophisticated side, buy Oh No. You won't be disappointed, but you won't be over-awed either.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is Crackout?, 20 Aug 2005
Thomas A. Jones "Whatupwidat" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oh No! (Audio CD)
What happened to my favourite band? Where did they go so wrong on this album.
True, when i bought it, I was enthralled with it. "Out of our minds" is a very catchy tune, as is "This is what we do" and "Robots have feelings", and "Insect Song" may be one of my favourite songs by Crackout of anything they've done...but other than that the album is bare at best.
Whereas TIRN had tune after tune, this one feels like it's got a flat tire. Even the songs I mentioned as good on this album do not hold a candle to ANY of the songs on TIRN.
I bought this the day it came out and was sick of it by the lunchtime, whereas I still listen to TIRN today and I've had that for two years.
But who knows, maybe it's a slow burner that'll grow on me.

Oh No!
Oh No! by Crackout (Audio CD - 2004)