5.0 out of 5 stars God, I loved this game!
It's just soooooooooo much fun! It's absolutely beautiful to look at and, as one of the other reviewers above has said, you can vary combat by switching to any one of the four characters even in mid-battle.
Published on 3 Aug 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice and simple
I'm gonna keep this nice and simple for you. If you want a GOOD RPG get Knights of the old republic. It is so much better. If you have it, good for you. Wait for fable and Sudeki will be out the window.
Published on 1 Oct 2004

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars God, I loved this game!, 3 Aug 2005
This review is from: Sudeki (Xbox) (Video Game)
The controls are really easy to use and simple to learn. For me, the game was pitched at exactly the right level of difficulty, but there are is at least one insanely hard boss battle quite early on for the sado-masochists among you! You really do need to pay attention to the skills and weapons with which you are equipping the characters. It's actually a lot of fun to collect the tokens and beef up to the ultimate weapons for each character (although, having said that, some of the so-called 'ultimates' are not as cool as other weapons you collect along the way.)
And boy, did I care about the characters! The voices are good (especially Elco - 'I kill you in the face!' anyone? ) and the Light/Dark part of the story provides even more variety (but I don't want to give too much away!)The story is not original for any RPG - it's no surprise who the baddie is - but it's done with flair, and obvious love and it's awash with great visuals. Even those characters one would normally avoid playing are worth mastering and have a part to play in the story - the weak girly ones - and as a weak girly myself I mean no disrespect to other girlies out there; it's just that in games they can often be no fun to play due to lack of ability to stand up to fights. That's not the case in Sudeki. I have to say I did feel cheated by the lack of FMV to finish off the game following the last boss battle, but that was because I cared about the story and what would happen to those characters after.
It isn't a game like Halo, it is more like Fable's wacky Japanese cousin with spikier hair and perhaps a more varied combat system. If you liked Fable you will probably like Sudeki too.
Play it - it's an absolute hoot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the Demo, the game is glorious!, 31 Aug 2004
This review is from: Sudeki (Xbox) (Video Game)
Like one of the earlier reviews, I too was slightly disapointed after playing the demo. The camera was jerky and the sound bad. Now I've seen and played the finished product, I've realised that the demo was from an earlier stage in its development. What we have now is graphically and sonically glorious. The bright sumptuous graphics of the "light" world contrasting wonderfully with the dark brooding dangerous "shadow" world. As for the gameplay, the subtelty and flexibility of the combat system is a joy to play as you can switch control between any of the four characters mid battle. If you're a beat 'em up fan, then play one of the hand-to-hand fighters and you will find yourself in the midst of a frantic battle dishing out combos to the best of them. If all of this sounds too frantic, then you can play one of the long range fighters and zoom around shooting the monsters as you go. So why only four stars? Thats simple, the game takes about 20 hours to play and I wish it was at least twice as long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome combat, pretty fair the rest of it, 3 Sep 2004
This review is from: Sudeki (Xbox) (Video Game)
Most hardcore RPG'ers would probably rate this as a pretty average game, the story is pretty weak and the voice acting isn't so hot BUT... and when I say 'but' I mean it's a big 'but', the combat system is absolutely first-rate, to my mind making it easily worth buying. The system for levelling characters and upgrading weapons and armour is also pretty first-rate, so generally, if you can put up with the plot and voice-talent being strictly average, you will enjoy this game.

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 10 Sep 2004
Petr (Nottingham, Notts United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sudeki (Xbox) (Video Game)
If you like RPGs or are even new to them you are going to like this.
Amazing graphics, very little talking, lots of special attacks, quick level advancments.
Unlike most RPG, you actualy control the combos of your 2 sword wielding characters like you'd do in ninja gaiden + other two charecters with ranged attacks turn into a FPS mode during combat, with weapons with very satisfying calibre.
gave it 4 stars only because it is a bit short, finished it in 17 hours. But it was 17 hours of pure joy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best title on the X Box, 16 April 2005
This review is from: Sudeki (Xbox) (Video Game)
Maybe I am being a bit controversial declaring this to be the best game I've played on the X Box, but then I love RPGs where fighting and magic is done by cartoony looking spiky haired youths, but that is not my only reason for saying that. This game looks great and apart from a couple of camera nuances that sent my head a bit skee whiff it plays wonderfully.
The characters have personalities and the landscapes are beautiful. There are enough sidequests to give a nice diversion but not too many to bore you. The boss fights are hard but not so hard that you can't see your way to ever succeeding and not all the challenging aspects are fights - getting the girl back to safety at the end was the hardest part of the whole game for me.
I haven't been able to try Halo etc as FPS games make me feel a bit headachy at times so cannot compare this against those but put this up against Fable and this would win for me every time. It has a good story, plenty of challenging fights and puzzles and opens up to the player really well. I absolutely loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's very good, 8 Sep 2004
Grant Miller (Edinburgh, Mid Lothian United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sudeki (Xbox) (Video Game)
Very nice game. Demo doesn't do it justice. Graphics are good but Riddick is better. In fact you won't find better graphics than Riddick at the mo. I'd give it five stars but it isn't in the same league as Zelda for the number of hours of game play. Sudeki is a fab game and all you Zelda fans shoud enjoy it. It is well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sudeki: Better with every play, 3 Mar 2005
This review is from: Sudeki (Xbox) (Video Game)
When i first played this game i got utterly bored after about a couple of hours but continued playing. I got quite close to the end but my characters were badly trained and couldn't withstand combat very well. I the got the Official Xbox Magazine which had the masterclass of Sudeki in and picked up my pad again. I got really into it but then Fable was released so i got kinda drawn in by that. Just A few days ago i picked Sudeki up yet again and used the tips from the masterclass. I am absolutly hooked with the game now. It seems so shallow to begin with where you just have to run round finding crystals (lame story or what). Now i have used the tips from the masterclass to find all the Eagle, Dragon and Wolf Totems and that took up alot of time and made the game feel a little more deep. In getting these totems i now have the ultimate weapons for 3 of the 4 characters and it makes slicing those aklorians in half so much more satisfying. If your one of those people sitting there annoyed that you wasted your money like i was, pick Sudeki up again and try to do more than just the main story. If you havn't got it then i suggest either renting it (you can complete it in about 12 hours but if you do it properly it'll take about 15 hours.) or, considering amazons price buy it! If you are unsure about RPG's then i suggest not buying it because it is really more enjoyable if your an RPGaholic. I only gave it 4 stars because it could have been so much better with the story, choice of armour and more spells/skill strikes. Still a great game though.

4.0 out of 5 stars overall experiance, 9 May 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sudeki (Xbox) (Video Game)
game is amazing and well thought out gameplay easy to find weapon upgrades for first time rpg people this is a good start as its not too difficult some people may see this as a walk in the park for the more experianced gamers the story is well thought out but it would be nice if the game had a bit more missions the level seem a tad short and no additional items if played again makes it a 1 time gameplay through if you figuire out were everything is in the first play through

this could easily have got 5 stars if they just added more content or made a sequel sadly it was left hanging in the wind without a second series but we never know golden axe etc were saga games long ago and they have come back since maybe someone will pick up sudeki and give it the attension it deserves

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 28 Oct 2010
James Moffatt (England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sudeki (Xbox) (Video Game)
I remember playing this game a while ago now. It was at a time when finding an RPG on the Xbox was as difficult as peeling a coconut. So when getting it I expected it to be a steaming pile of poo. However I was very surprised by the battle system. There are characters you play third person with and others third person, changing was easy and each character had a slightly different feel.
However I can remember nothing about the story... So that was very forgettable...

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm SOOOO sorry!, 26 Oct 2004
This review is from: Sudeki (Xbox) (Video Game)
I was the gamer from Good RPG land. I'm sorry for my comments about the game. I have picked it up again and am hooked with the combat. I'm playing fable too but i thought it was only fair to retract my previous statement that you shouldn't get this because you should. It has a great combat system, a weak story and bad voices. But the combat overwealms the bad points. Sorry again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sudeki (Xbox)
Sudeki (Xbox) by Microsoft (Xbox)