on 18 March 2009
Purchased this Super Swingball for my two sons to use, they are 13 and 11 respectively. I just wondered how long this Swingball would last, as my oldest son actually broke a supposedly indestructible Tonka toy!! ha ha but no! after many happy hours of slogging away it's still in full working order and great fun. Roll on the Summer so we can get the family challenge well under way!!! If you're after an old fashioned swingball then this is the one for you - just a shame no 'pop up' winner indicator.
on 27 June 2008
I'm known amongst my friends for being clumsy and generally unfit.
I can't play tennis for toffee and so I decided to get this to improve my hand/eye co-ordination and to also get a bit of a workout.
Easy to assemble and you can alter the height of the pole and the length of the twine to suit.
I've found it great on my own (the neightbours get value for money entertainment too) and when I played friends and family at the weekend I had an even better time.
Added bonus - my brother pointed out it's another way of aerating the lawn as it can get loose and need moving if you are playing a hard hitting game and/or have soft soil.
I love this and wonder how I got to 40 without having owned one before.
on 31 July 2009
A great product for racket practice and fun as the ball doesn't disapear over the hedge, but the string does keep coming off the top or the bottom of the spiral if the children get a bit carried away with the batting, and they can't always get it back on.It did shoot off across the garden after one massive hit. We had one of these when we grew up and even though it got tangled, the string never came off completly. This is the only draw back for this product and can be frustrating for the children and me as I have to come out and sort it all the time.
on 29 March 2009
As someone who's really too old to still be playing swingball, I've always found it hard to find sets that can withstand heavy hitting without the ball coming off, or where the rackets won't cripple your hand... Thankfully, this set is about as robust as any I've ever used. The ball has yet to break despite some insanely heavy hitting on a frequent basis, and the rackets are perfectly comfortable. I have managed to slightly break the spiral the ball works its way up, but it's such an odd thing to hit in the first place that I doubt this would be an issue for many people. Put simply, if you want a set that can take punishment from adults who should know better, this is it!
on 23 January 2009
I used to have one of these when I was a kid & wanted one for my kids. I have brought a few cheap versions of it and they tend to be rubish. This is the original Swingball and is well made and durable. The bats are also nice and heavy so you can get a good smack on the ball. What happened to the bit that popped up at the top though???

Quick delivery also.
on 28 April 2006
This is a great toy for all aspiring tennis players or just those of you who do not have a large enough garden to play tennis in. It's great to play with in the summer in the sun and will please all ages including parents. Best played with two people but you can practice on your own.
on 20 May 2008
This a wonderful outdoor toy that's easy to set up, good exercise, fun and improves hand-eye coordination. My only complaint - and it's a big one - is that it's a very dangerous toy for anyone under 5-6 (it does carry an age restriction on the box!) as the fast-swinging tennis ball easily hits unwary children's eyes and heads. Adult supervision a must.
on 27 March 2009
Bought this for my Grandson's 9th Birthday. He has had tremendous fun with it. Also the family and all the kids in the street. worth every penny.
on 24 November 2009
Seems to delight children as much as others have suggested. In my experience, they seem to find it more fun when playing against someone else and, although it works well with a single child, the said child loses interest quite quickly.
Is reasonably well made, but it does have one design flaw, the plate near the base of the pole is not very large in diameter so it is not very good at keeping the pole vertical in soft ground (but large enough to prevent the pole being inserted any deeper).
on 15 June 2009
You don't need a lot of space and it can be disassembled in seconds for easy storage. Great for learning hand/eye co-ordination and you get very competitive!