5.0 out of 5 stars A review on Tutankhamen sequin art set
Published on 7 Jan 2004 by David

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful portrait, but...
Published on 6 Feb 2012 by Marina

5.0 out of 5 stars A review on Tutankhamen sequin art set, 7 Jan 2004
David (Normanby, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sequins Art Tutankhamen (Toy)
This sequin art set has the most stunning effect out of the three I've done. The effect is created by inserting a pin with the sequin on it into the marked dots on the black velvet, which is backed by polystyrene. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, as you can either copy off the front of the box or there is a sheet inside saying exactly where to put the sequins. The project takes several hours in short or long sessions. I think this product would be suitable for ages 8+ and and requires no skill in the fields of art and craft, yet is extremely enjoyable and produces spectacular effects and can be displayed with pride. All in all I would highly recommend it

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful portrait, but..., 6 Feb 2012
This review is from: Sequins Art Tutankhamen (Toy)
The portrait of Tutankhamen looks absolutely stunning when finished. And the process of making it is a lot of fun too. My only problem was that there was absolutely NOT ENOUGH SEQUENCES to finish it. We run out very quickly of gold, orange and turquoise colour sequences. To complete the picture, we had to borrow them from another new set, which we had to open especially for this. I do not know where I am going to get more sequences when we actually start doing this new set. This is really disappointing because the picture is really beautiful and I do not think it would cost much to put some extra sequences to the set.

5.0 out of 5 stars tutankhamen, 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: Sequins Art Tutankhamen (Toy)
my daughter needed something for school to do with eygpt this gave me hours of silence and is now displayed in the school hall

2.0 out of 5 stars Check the contents, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sequins Art Tutankhamen (Toy)
I purchased one of these some time ago and it is beautiful when it is finished. It requires a lot of patience. My biggest complaint is that some of the sequins were missing. I bought some from a craft shop to complete the first kit. This one I bought for a present and again sequins missing so I returned it. Never had a problem with any other sequin art kits before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun - alone or together., 31 Jan 2011
C. Maybury (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sequins Art Tutankhamen (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter's 9th birthday. She enjoys craft and art and sparkly things, so this was perfect for her! We have also spent time doing it together and I enjoyed it too. The sequins are fiddly to handle, but you soon work out a technique. You secure them with a pin. Also, the bags the sequins come in are not resealable, so you could well end up with a pile of mixed sequins, rather than separated into colours, but that doesn't matter enormously. The instructions are clear, and the map of what colour goes where is easy to follow.

Overall a great item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful picture, 19 Dec 2010
This review is from: Sequins Art Tutankhamen (Toy)
I loved doing this. It can be done in quite a short space of time but isn't a total walkover. I had some missing sequins, but rang the manufacturer and they are happily sending some. They haven't arrived yet but are held up by the weather, I suspect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tutankhamen, 7 Nov 2010
This review is from: Sequins Art Tutankhamen (Toy)
Great product - big, bright, good quality, great effect. Takes hours to make so it's a good pastime but is not too complicated so ideal for all ages. Delivered on time with personalised note as requested.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sequins, 26 May 2014
P. Andrews (Farnborough, Hants) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sequins Art Tutankhamen (Toy)
It was what my granddaughter wanted for her birthday and she seemed to be very pleased with it so I guess that it is fine

5.0 out of 5 stars Sequin art, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sequins Art Tutankhamen (Toy)
Bought as present for sequin art fan. Good value at reasonable cost. Would recommend all sequin art sets as great quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Pin Art!, 23 Nov 2013
Mike S (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sequins Art Tutankhamen (Toy)
When completed this was given as a gift to a neighbour who was holding an 'Egyptian' party, they loved it! Not the easiest of pin art to complete but well worth the time & effort.

Sequins Art Tutankhamen