4.0 out of 5 stars Compact camera :-)
I'm 13 years old, and want a digital camera to mess about with, take out with me and when I go round friends house. It took me weeks to decide on my camera, there was a massive choice.
Published on 1 Nov. 2003 by R. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Setting a few things straight .....
The L'espion XS is hardly inconspicuous! A bright shiny chrome case does not make for discreet or stealth photography! It would draw attention to a picture being taken straight away and would be the first thing anyone would notice if it was left in a room.
Published on 18 Mar. 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Setting a few things straight ....., 18 Mar. 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Digital Dream L'Espion XS (Electronics)
Also, it in not an infra-red camera - it will activate by movements in the IR mode but unless the room is well lit these photographs will be ....er..... dark or in a dark room ...er...black. So much for studying your REM sleep at night. Also, whilst the metal case is so sturdy it probably would survive being run over with a tank it is a bit on the heavy side - I've had more fun carrying it around in a pocket without the armour - in a shirt pocket or makeshift cover where it is truly light and portable.
Having said all this the camera itself seems well built, the timed exposure modes are fun for time lapse things, domestic pets aren't going to notice the camera in the IR mode (how many cats are coming through your cat flap?) and the pictures and the battery life are much better than the original l'espion. I'm glad that I bought it. It remains a unique and fun gadget. Next I'm going to mount it in IR mode next to the bird feeder on the tree ..... Go on, treat yourself!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 22 May 2004
Amazon Customer (Cheltenham, Gloucestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Dream L'Espion XS (Electronics)
I bought this for my daughter. The LCD did not work correctly and she did not know what mode she was in. Amazon replaced it (well done Amazon) but the replacement did not store its photos. Five minutes after they were taken, pictures were gone. I've given up on this camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact camera :-), 1 Nov. 2003
R. Jones (Essex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Dream L'Espion XS (Electronics)
I've read reviews to all the other cameras on amazon.co.uk, and there's always a flaw to the camera, plus quality is in pricing. Despite going over my budget, I haven't regretted buying the L'Espion XS (which sounds slightly..err...odd).
The camera does take good pictures (however it does make me look ugly so i'm not a huge fan of it right now). It won't take pictures when there's not good enough light, so its always good taking during the day and outside.
You can put this camera on counter, where it will take pictures whatever light you're in, this is useful when you want to be in the photo too for once. You can take up to 100 pictures on low resolution, which is good enough for me. And 25 on high resolution, which is very good quality for such a tiny box..
They talk about how it can watch you sleep? I haven't yet figured this out, despite my age I think I'm very capable,but after two months of having this camera I've only used half the facilities because I simply dont *get it*.
I would say, if you want something that will do the job perfectly, look for something higher in the price range, but if you're like me and are broke then go for this cheaper camera. And surprise your friends!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and Spectacular, 3 July 2003
This review is from: Digital Dream L'Espion XS (Electronics)
The L'Espion XS Camera is an amazing little thing, cramming so much into one small box, which replicates a lighter.
I use the infra-red mode all day long to see who enters my room and then the surveillance mode is used for timed photos.
The photos are easy to download onto your computer, and only take a few minutes. The quality is good, especially for such a small camera.
It fits into your easily when closed, and is barely noticable when opened up.
The Light Sync technology does help a lot - it acts like a flash and so you get even better quality photos.
Memory is quite good, although it could be slightly larger, but you do have the choice of high and low res photos.
You can also record videos - albeit 13 seconds but another great feature is the audio recording. You can record your voice for 12 minutes on the camera and then play it back - quite fantastic for such a small camera.
It also has Quick Shoot mode, where you can open the camera and take a photo straight away.
All in all a great digital camera which is small but very good and high-tech.
Definitely worth all £PRICE I spent - you should definitely buy it as well!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable, 22 May 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Digital Dream L'Espion XS (Electronics)
I bought this for my daughter. The LCD did not work correctly and she could not tell what mode it was in. Amazon replaced it and the replacement was faulty too - it did not store the photos. Five minutes after being taken, they were gone. I've given up on this camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love this gadget!, 13 Oct. 2003
This review is from: Digital Dream L'Espion XS (Electronics)
to tell you the truth I was going to cancel my order for the L'epsion XS because i found something cheaper and as this is my first Digital Camera I didn't want to splash out too much. My order had already been dispatched and it was too late. Oh no I thought! but when the package arrived, how pleased was I!! I love this gadget! its small, it looks good and it works! The software is so easy to install I wasn't sure it had done it and the images are brilliant. Becareful with outdoor pictures as the lighting could be too bright. This camera is going to stay in handbag and will therefore accompany me to many events! Worth every penny!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera!, 5 Feb. 2004
Tony Dadson (Athlone Barracks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Digital Dream L'Espion XS (Electronics)
Ive already got an Olympus Digital camera so Im no novice to digital photography. This is a great little camera for carrying in your pocket. The build quality is excellent, the software easy to load and the camera is so easy to use (two buttons).
If however you wish to take very high quality photos this is not the camera for you. You need a camera with at least 2m pixels. As I said before, its great for snapshots! And for that reason I love it. Its a great gadget!!

Digital Dream L'Espion XS