5.0 out of 5 stars superb sound and comfortable
Excellent sound quality, take it from someone who produces/dj's electronic music for a living.
Ambient sound isolation is superb and response is crisp and clear across all frequencies right down to a punchy and tight low end.
Volume is loud with only a hint of distortion at the top end. comparing with the much heavier but equally priced allen&heath xone xd:53, I...
Published on 7 Dec. 2011 by static

3.0 out of 5 stars ouch!!
These headphones were really uncomfortable for me. They seemed way too tight against my ears-they are the on ear rather than over ear type. I admit I do have a large head not elephant man or anything but I wear large in all head gear and I also have largish ears. I regrettably had to return them for this reason. I have since seen other reviews which mention this crushing...
Published on 23 Oct. 2012 by Jane Clowes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones - all rounders., 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Sennheiser HD 25 Basic Edition, Closed Headphone for ENG/DJ use with split headband (Electronics)
I have tried a bunch of headphones with the benchmark being my Grado SR80's. These come very close for a closed headphone and sound open than most. At high volumes other people can hear what you're hearing but not at a nuisance level.

Advantages:
Great sound isolation blocks out 90% of noise on the underground
I actually find them extremely comfortable
Exceptional sound when used with high bit rate files via iPAD
High 70 Ohms means it won't distorte very easily but need power to drive them.
It's audible quality at higher volumes are great.

Disadvantages:
No iphone/ipad remote built in, and you can't get an aftermarket one very easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser HD 251 MKII or Allen&Heath Xone xd53?, 22 Feb. 2012
Hi everyone,

I have some time to write a short review (well not a real review, but sharing of my experience) on these headphones and i can say that they sound great! Sound quality is very good, so much clarity in sound and great bass response! ..I had to choose Allen&Heath Xone xd53 over Sennheiser HD 251 MKII .. it was very tough decision to make, and i couldn't make up my mind for three days. I had xd52 and HD25-1 both at the same time, but i had to make a final choice.. So what facts i pushed from to make this choice?

NOTE: I'm not a DJ, i just love quality in sound.

First of all the cord is a bit too short in HD25, so i had some issues while using those at my office. XD53 has a coiled part of cord which makes it not too short and not too long - adapts on situation (non-detachable which is -).

Second when wearing HD25 my LEFT ear (outside part) started to hurt after half an hour of use - but i believe, that this is my personal problem, though both ears looks identical in the mirror))) and i think that happened because i wear glasses. Also 3 of my friends said similar thing, that the pressure is quite strong on your ears when wearing HD25s. On the other hand (if you don't wear glasses and you have normal ears)) HD25 are MUCH lighter than XD53 and i believe that you would be able to wear them for longer periods of time than XD53.

HD25 don't bend in anyway, so it is a bit scary to throw them in your back pack, while you can easily bend XD53's + they'll take less space even though they are much bigger. On the other hand you can replace almost any part of HD25

Sound quality - the hardest thing to choose between both.. On iPod: HD25 has a very clear and crisp sound which is really great thing, but sometimes you miss a bit of warmth, and bass feels not that powerful as in XD53's (on iPOD!), while XD53's loose a bit in clarity department, but on iPod XD53's have a better balance and fullness in sound, which made me feel more comfortable. Also XD53s feel a bit more powerful, when i tested this by changing plugs (HD25/XD53 and the other way around)on the same volume level on my iPod. I guess much depends on a custom equalizer settings (which doesn't exist in my iPod) and it should be adjusted to every pair separately to bring out their best (on default iPOD sound settings XD53 win!).

I've tested both on my Yamaha amplifier: Again HD25 sound very clear and now i could feel the proper bass power on H25s as well! XD53 lose in clarity a bit, but had a bit warmer feeling and the bass was very powerful too! Thing i've noticed that HD25 showed their best bass on minus 5 volume setting (after that, nothing good), while in XD53 to bring their best bass i had to raise it up to plus 6! This amazed me a bit, because i thought that if you got bigger impedance then you can play them on greater volumes (you don't want to listen to any of them on highest possible volume for a longer time)) (HD25 has more impedance than XD53), but i think that happened because HD25s has smaller drivers, while XD53 has huge 53mm ones.

HD25s has greater sound isolation and that's a win against XD53s.

To conclude, both are really great headphones for the same price tag, but that makes it is really hard to choose one over another, one compromise over another. My choice of Allen&Heath Xone xd53 was mostly based on my iPod experience and i decided to return Sennheiser HD 251 MKII and it was really hard to say good bye!!.. ;( I guess that in the end it comes down to a personal choices and preferences.

Thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Six years and counting., 23 July 2014
Seconding what everyone else has said. Just want to add that i've been using and abusing my pair of HD25s for six years now. They had heavy use (3 years DJing in a very loud environment), as well as lots of less intensive use (watching movies, listing to music, etc), not to mention bouncing around in my bag without a case for most of the last six years, yet they are still tight as a drum, and have never let me down. They may not be as shiney as a pair of pioneers, but after listening to these and telling them how long I've had them, my Pioneer friends get very envious.

5.0 out of 5 stars so I probably don't need to tell you how good and sturdy these are, 17 Nov. 2014
Their fame precedes them, so I probably don't need to tell you how good and sturdy these are.
I use them mostly outdoors, for ambiance, nature, as well as voice recordings, and the isolation is great.

The only negative is that I find them tiring to wear after a while as they are so tight, but I guess that's why they block out sounds so well. I couldn't use them as workstation headphones, for mixing or editing sound, as they give me a headache after an hour of use. But maybe I just have a big head...

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 7 Oct. 2010
Nothing else to add: if you like music, this is your product.
Light weight, totally adjustable, you don't have to worry to treat them gently (no soldering, just plugs) and every component is replaceable.
Full and powerful sound.
This is something that makes you happy...

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing pair of headphones these really are, 27 Dec. 2014
Just got these this morning. My old Technics RP-DH1200 were getting on for 5 years old and were a bit creaky and worn out.
What an amazing pair of headphones these really are! The sound is breath taking. They are so light and comfy. I use them mainly for mixing with Traktor Pro2 and a Vestax VCI 400
All the reviews on here about how good these headphones are are true. Really glad i chose these

5.0 out of 5 stars The all time greats, 13 Dec. 2013
Just like to chime in and say in my opinion these the best bang for the buck you can get. Yes they look dull but the sound is incredible. I've had mine since I was in Uni doing Music tech 13 years ago, and they are still going strong. Used them for everything, field recording, vocal recording, general mp3 listening, general studio use. The pros know that these are the all rounder kings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally reunited with the fantastic hd-25., 6 Dec. 2014
R. Petursson (Iceland) - See all my reviews
Had a pair of these many years back, lent it to a mate who lost it, and have wept for it ever since. Finally reunited with these fantastic headphones, and this time round I've modified them slightly with red velour pads, and a longer red coiled cable. I've got a hd280 pro that I use at home, but for djing these are absolutely perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars best headphones ever had, 7 Dec. 2014
10 years I've had this for and still as god as new best purchase I've ever made

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!, 3 April 2007
Carl Pearce "dj_carl_p" (Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews
I've ahd these about a year or just over and they have put up a lot in this time, i've used them in clubs, home and studio and they have never let me down not once.

These are true Dj/studio headphones.

If you get these you will not be disappointed but they do have more of an accustic sound.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›