5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loved It !
Published on 12 May 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but didn't work for us
Published on 1 Jan 2012 by easy_action

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loved It !, 12 May 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Infant Stim Mobile (Baby Product)
At first, I was highly sceptical of this mobile. It didn't look nearly as aesthetically appealing as all these other fuzzy-wuzzy-bunny sorts of infant mobiles - to me. My daughter had a very different opinion: The bright colors and the geometric patterns really caught her attention. She loved to lie in her crib and coo at them. My daughter even learned to fall asleep by herself by looking at this mobile, as the attention which it demanded made her sweet little eyelids slowly begin to droop, until she had finally drifted off. Invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars New born baby gift., 24 April 2013
As yet my new grand-daughter cannot focus on the mobile but I am inpressed with the sturdiness of the bracket attaching it over the cot. I know that my older grandchildren had something similar when wee babies and their parents were delighted at their reaction as they were with the book - not yet opened for the new babe who is only 1 week old! Something to look forward to!

4.0 out of 5 stars So much fun!!, 14 May 2009
My son's face lit up everytime I put this up. I didn't use it everyday, and with the change of cards he never got bored of it. He's now 7 months and is starting to grow out of it - although it still gets giggled at.
Worth every penny, it really does stimulate the baby from only a few weeks old.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok product, 20 Nov 2012
Ewa J. Sosnowska "e.s." (scotland) - See all my reviews
I woud give 5 stars if i could attach well to portable cot. Very interesting for small baby. It is great toy but for traditional cot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get This Mobile, 22 Jan 2010
Ms. Daniela Headley "Dani" (Richmond, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a perfect mobile for small babies. My baby has been fascinated by it since she was about 3weeks old and spends plenty of time smiling and cooing at it now at 10 weeks. The interchangeable cards mean it will last much longer and the lack of music is a plus in my book! It just shows the simplest toys are often the most appreciated.

4.0 out of 5 stars He loves it!, 20 Aug 2009
S. Ricard (London, UK) - See all my reviews
My son loves this mobile! He first noticed it at around 5 weeks, and can now, at 7 weeks, spend at least 15 straight minutes staring at it and 'chatting' to it.
When putting the mobile together, I was surprised at how cheap it felt, and was disappointed. It would definitely not withstand being grabbed by a baby, and the pieces fit together in a haphazard way that is not well designed. However.... none of that really matters, since the baby does not touch the mobile and right now he thinks it is the coolest thing in the world (after his parents, of course!)
I like that it comes with black and white images as well as colour so that the mobile can 'grow' with your child. It is a wonderful, developmentally appropriate toy that helps to stimulate your child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 8 April 2013
Our son loves this! We bought this as our son always got grumpy as soon as he woke up and wanted to be picked up. Now he wakes up and talks and smiles to the mobile. It's also a good distraction at bedtime. I would thoroughly recommend it! It's also nice that you can change the pictures to keep the interest up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Infant Stim mobile - good, 1 Nov 2011
Mobile arrived promptly and complete etc. Easy to put together. Looks good and stylish and likely to keep baby amused. Made to fit on a cot rather that a moses basket, but you can attach it to say a chair and put that by the moses basket. Baby not born yet so can't review further!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy for baby, 14 Aug 2009
G. Teff "kittyphysio" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
We got one of these mobiles and our little one instantly loved it. He spent long happy periods looking at the black and white shapes, and has now progressed onto the coloured ones. He will happily chat away to the mobile for long enough for Mummy to have a shower. We would definitely recommend this mobile.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, but didn't work for us, 1 Jan 2012
easy_action (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
We bought this and first mounted it on our baby's crib when he was nearly two months old. He didn't pay much attention to it until about a month later, when we noticed that he was watching it intently. The first problem that we had at this point was that although the cards are decorated on both sides, because the mobile is static (i.e. not motorised in any way) they don't move very much and quickly lose their magic stimulating powers.

The second problem cropped up a little later when our baby started to get a bit more mobile - he desperately wanted to touch and hold the cards, and because they were just out of reach this became a source of frustration. Rather than let him get unhappy over it, we just removed it entirely and did without.

I would also echo the comments of other reviews over the poor quality of materials and contrustion - this would be ok if it cost 10ish, but at 20-25 this doesn't seem good value.

Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Infant Stim Mobile