5.0 out of 5 stars Racing in France
Published on 11 Jun 2004 by Mark Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars My daughters love them!
Published on 4 Jan 2006 by P. Bradford

5.0 out of 5 stars Racing in France, 11 Jun 2004
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Jim Douglas and Herbie are coming out of retirement. And they've decided to do it in grand style, in the new Monte Carlo Relay in France. They've hardly arrived when two jewel thieves decide to hide a priceless diamond in Herbie's gas tank. As if that weren't enough, Herbie has fallen head over heels for a cute little Lancia also in the race, and Jim is finding her fiery driver rather irresistible as well. This is going to be complicated race.
This was actually the last of the original Herbie movies I saw, and is probably my least favorite. Still, it's loads of fun. Part of this is because there is so much going on. Between the love plots, the thieves, and the race, there's hardly a dull moment. Don Knotts is not a favorite of mine and gets on my nerves here, as does Xavier Saint-Macary as an over eager detective. Still, the rest of the cast is fine. I was a bit disappointed that there is no mention of Carole from the first movie. And, of course, they completely changed the gas cap to make that plot work. But then again, how can you nit pick a movie about a car that thinks for itself?
Disney could have done much better with this DVD. The picture is presented in full frame, cropping the sides of the picture from its original release. What we do have has some grain and dirt, but looks remarkable well for its age. The sound is full surround and sounds wonderful. As with the other Herbie sequels, there are no extras.
Even being the last one I saw, this movie has a wonderful nostalgia appeal to me because of Herbie. How I loved that car as a kid! Any one else who grew up loving Herbie will want this DVD since it seems to be the best Disney will offer us for the foreseeable future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo, 8 Jan 2004
Mrs. J. Hannah "JoH" (UK) - See all my reviews
My 2yr old son absolutely loves all the Herbie films. He asks for me to put them on repeatedly. I first saw this film when I was a child and it brought back a lot of memories.

3.0 out of 5 stars My daughters love them!, 4 Jan 2006
P. Bradford "Paul Bradford" (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo [DVD] (DVD)
After seeing Herbie Fully Loaded at the cinema, our young daughters (4 & 6 years) wanted to see the others when they realised there were more. We bought the complete series from Amazon (just waiting for Fully Loaded to come out!). They are good entertainment and very good value for our girls although their favourite is the latest. Well, what would you expect with all the great effects?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Herbie, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo [DVD] (DVD)
This was a Xmas present for a 6 year old, which was well received and has been played a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film!, 20 Dec 2013
M. Blewitt "Brooklands" (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo [DVD] (DVD)
My boys absolutely loved this Herbie sequel! They had watched the first film numerous times and have now watched this as much - a charming film!

4.0 out of 5 stars Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo [DVD] (DVD)
I liked this because I`ve always been a fan of this sort of thing. All round entertainment and fun loving. I`d highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good memories, 2 May 2012
Paulo Borges - See all my reviews
This review is from: Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo [DVD] (DVD)
Herbie goes to the mythic car race and place: Monte Carlo. Good movie for a Saturday rainy afternoon. Who didn't dream about having a Herbie?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Comedy, 30 April 2011
This review is from: Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo [DVD] (DVD)
This movie is extremely funny and suitable for all the family to enjoy weather you be young or old, well worth buying

5.0 out of 5 stars a 5 star buy!!, 30 Mar 2001
I first saw this film when i was about 7 and i loved it. 8 years on when i realised my love for vw beetles i remembered the film and dashed out to buy it. its a brilliant film and i reccomend it to all film lovers especially vw enthusiasts!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars They are very, 7 Sep 2014
They are very good

Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo [DVD]
Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo [DVD] by Vincent McEveety (DVD - 2004)