5.0 out of 5 stars A geat bath toy, really packs in the fun
Published on 22 May 2008 by Dr. H. Payne

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing.
My two year old granddaughter likes the wee people, hence the two stars - but it's rubbish. First of all, it sinks - what kind of a boat is that? Secondly, the diving platform is just a piece of plastic that lifts. The people don't dive - they just fall in. Thirdly, once the boat is full of water, it's very hard to empty completely so it goes smelly if you leave it...
Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars A geat bath toy, really packs in the fun, 22 May 2008
Dr. H. Payne - See all my reviews
This review is from: WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure (Toy)
I always wonder why there are so few bath toys on the market. Boats are a staple of the bath-time fun but this is probably the best one I've come across. The boat has two people, a dolphin, and a removable diving platform. The boat flips open to reveal a lower deck with a fishing area. The diving platform can sit in this, although my children usually have it on the side of the bath. The platform is great, you place on of the people on it, push a satisfying little button and the figure dives brilliantly. A lot of these sort of toys just don't live up to expectations (remember the "diving" man from the old Mousetrap game - did anyone ever get him to dive successfully?). The boat also doubles as a jug which pours water from a spout at the prow.

With the wealth of detail to explore it keeps my 2 year old entertained. The combination of characters and sticker pictures on the boat gives my 4 year old plenty of scope for his imagination to build narratives with.

A great long lasting toy. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Years of bathtime fun!, 24 Sept. 2010
This review is from: WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure (Toy)
We got Danny's Diving Adventure for our daughter to liven up bath time and I'm so glad we did! She absolutely loves it, so much in fact that she wants to have it in bed with her alongside some of her other cuddly toys, a request that we have so far resisted!

WOWtoys have done a fantastic job of taking a fairly simple concept - a toy boat for the bath - and turning it into a multi-faceted toy that she can play with for hours and hours both in and out of the bath...there's so much for her to do, so many different features for her to discover. She can open up the deck and peer inside, slosh water out of the mouth, make the "little men" (in fact one of them is a woman) leap from their diving platform, make the divers and the dolphin swim around the boat...seeing her come up with so many different "little games" herself is truly remarkable...

Loads of toys these days are tacky and made from cheap plastics - you know that they're only going to last for a short-time. But WOWtoys are made of really sturdy materials and, getting ahead of myself slightly (!), I can honestly imagine my daughter's children getting as much fun out of Danny's Diving Adventure as she is currently!

Highly recommended if you're looking for something that's going to last a long time, hold your child's attention and spark their imagination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for eczema sufferers, 15 Nov. 2008
This review is from: WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure (Toy)
My (nearly) 3 yr old suffers from eczema so we have to use bath emollient. The problem there is that all bath toys end up with a layer of gunk on that grows mold. This boat set has proved itself (a) great fun to play with and (b) easy to clean. I don't know what the decals were put on with but I've disinfected this boat in a bucket of Milton's sterilizing solution several times now and they are still as good as new. Happy mummy, happy 3 year old. Excellent toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bath toy, 24 Sept. 2008
This review is from: WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure (Toy)
Bought this for my two year old sons birthday. He absolutely loves it. Really nice bath boat toy which is surprising unusual. He hates having to get out of the bath now!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bath toy, 29 Jun. 2008
K. McCormick - See all my reviews
This review is from: WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure (Toy)
I've spent ages looking for a decent bath toy. Bought this for my 3 year old boy. It's brilliant, so many features in one small toy. All works perfectly so none of those frustrated toddler grumbles we get with so many other toys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money!, 11 Feb. 2009
This review is from: WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure (Toy)
I read the other reviews on this boat, and decided to make a purchase. I must say that I agree with the other purchasers. The little diving board is brilliant, and we have lots of fun together making all the characters jump in. My 2-year-old son laughs his head off if they land on him! We bought this specifically for bath play. The downside is that it fills with water very quickly, and is prone to sink. But it's easy enough to empty out and get it water bound again!

It's good for the imagination, as there's a little table inside the boat for the people to sit at!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bath toy yet!, 8 Dec. 2008
This review is from: WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure (Toy)
Bath toys are often a disappointment, but not this one. This is the only bath toy that has created storytelling and imaginative play in our bath - my daughter has just turned 2.

The diving platform button is chunky and she can easily work it herself - she giggles loudly every time they dive. The boat opens up when it is "picnic time" and the characters can sit at the map table to eat marmite sandwiches...

Great toy, well worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bath toy, 30 Jan. 2012
This review is from: WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure (Toy)
Bought this toy for my 19 month old son. This is his 3rd wow toy, and doesn't disappoint! He loves putting the little people in the boat and opening and closing the lid/top. If I'm trying to get a few jobs done around the house I give it to him to play with on the floor, and it keeps him quiet for a while! The only downside I can see is that it capsizes quite quickly if a bit of water gets in; though it's easy enough to empty it of water and I think as my son gets older he'll get better at stopping water getting in and emptying it out. As a mum my favourite thing about the boat is the attention to detail; there's a little picnic set up inside with cake, and fish for the cat. It's a great quality product as with all wow toys! Also, I haven't had any issues with it leaving marks on my bath like another reviewer mentioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun. Well made., 20 Sept. 2014
H. Wilson "Helonlegs" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure (Toy)
Simple yet brilliant. My four year old loves making up adventures with this in the bath. Unlike other toys it does not get mouldy and smelly thanks to the easy drain front end and the whole product is robust and well made. Can't ask for more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value bath toy, but does have its faults, 12 Jan. 2015
Zita Lamb (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure (Toy)
This is my sons favourite bath toy, however it isn't the boat that captures his attention, it is catapulting the people into the bath from the diving board! The boat itself is reasonably good my little boy likes putting the people round the table for dinner, but I have to agree with other reviewers, it does still spend the majority of the bathtime sunk at the bottom. It does also Mark your bath with blue paint - This does come off, but you have to use cream cleaner, which you don't want to use on a regular basis, or you will have a very scratched bath, so maybe you should avoid this if you have just installed a new bathroom. Overall, this is well worth the £9.75 I paid for it, even with its faults.

WOW Toys Danny's Diving Adventure