4.0 out of 5 stars present
this toy has been a hit for my 1 year old nephew. It is strong and sturdy, educational and noisy (the friction from the wheels). My daughter has enjoyed playing with it when she first saw it and I think it is an ideal present for a first birthday
Published on 27 May 2009 by Mrs. H. C. Elwin

Mrs. H. C. Elwin (Sowerby Bridge, England) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Sept. 2009
L. Thornton - See all my reviews
This review is from: WOW Toys Sidney School Bus (Toy)
This arrived very quickly, well packaged - my little boy has loved it from when he was about 10 months old. Still loves it now, even though it's missing its back door and most of the pieces! The shapes are very strong, nice and smooth, and a good size for chewing on. They don't stack easily on top of each other as they're a bit small. It's been helpful in teaching my little one about shapes though, as he now knows which ones goes in each hole.

Now 18 months old, he's very into putting things inside other things, so the back door and windscreen, which both open, are brilliant. Except they have broken off after being thrown on the floor one time too many! The only other problem has been keeping track of the six shapes and the little driver who sits up front. Most of them have been in the bin, under the sofa, down the stairs, in the wash basket..... The bus also whizzes very fast when pushed which he loves, more so now he's a bit older.

All round this is a good toy with lots of opportunity for education and fun. I'd recommend it and have since bought it for another friend for her little one's first birthday.

5.0 out of 5 stars sidney school bus, 7 Feb. 2009
Mrs. Eileen J. Spencer (Hertfordshire, U,K,) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WOW Toys Sidney School Bus (Toy)
This toy was for my grandson,it is very colourful, strong and very robust, the last two comments fit my grandsons description to a "T".We are very pleased with the toy and would recommend it to any one. E. Spencer

4.0 out of 5 stars A Popular Toy - and no Batteries!, 3 April 2010
This review is from: WOW Toys Sidney School Bus (Toy)
Pros: Nice to have a toy that doesn't require batteries, solid build for the most part, simple chunky shapes, added "driver" toy, bright and eye catching - simple shapes and colors (triangle, circle, square & blue, red, green - also featured on the wheels of the bus) will have appeal for some time yet.
Cons: sounds like a jet engine - scares baby when at full pelt! - shapes can't be washed (open at one end so would let water in), shapes are a bit hit and miss - some slip through easily, others 'stick' and need to be pushed through, door at back and window for driver are a bit flimsy and feel like they are not as durable as the rest of the bus, the size of the shapes means my baby can put the WHOLE thing in their mouth at once - which is worrying but he'll soon learn it's not such a good idea... I hope.

In summary: This was reasonably priced and made a lovely Christmas present from mummy and daddy. Although a bit scared at first (noisy) our baby now 13 months, loves this bus. It is picked up and carried all over, although it is weighty and you soon know when it has been dropped! It is nice to have a toy that doesn't need batteries - and that has interest for a few years (the shape sorting is a bit beyond us as yet, but it is good to have this challenge to come). I know I've listed a few 'cons' there but it's just to give an informed review, the only one that is a bit of a faff is cleaning the shapes - but we use antibacterial wipes when needed. I would still buy one for a friend or another if ours was lost - which is a good marker of how much enjoyment our baby gets out of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok but pieces small, 2 Dec. 2013
This review is from: WOW Toys Sidney School Bus (Toy)
Good design.Bought for my son at around 11 months and he still likes loading the back up with other items now hes older!. Strong plastic and great colours however the pieces are a little small for a younger child (which is when they are interested in shape sorting!) Can easily fit a full piece in the mouth which is why I have been unable to let my 10 month old daughter loose with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars fab toy for wee ones, 10 Jan. 2010
Ailsa M. Hollinshead (Edinburgh UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WOW Toys Sidney School Bus (Toy)
I bought this for my 10 month old grandson as his parents wanted a shape sorter toy. I did it on-line without ever having seen one in the flesh. It's brilliant. It makes a satisfying noise (could drive his parents daft eventually!) and is easy for him to push to another person as the friction makes it go that bit further. He's still a bit young to deal with the shape sorters but he did like holding them and batting them through the holes when they were held in place. The shapes could get lost though as throwing them was also one of their selling points for him so parents need to be vigilant. The back flap (where the shapes are accessed once they've gone through the holes) is very stiff and I'm not sure at what stage a wee one would be able to open it themselves. This is the only reason I've given 4 stars for the overall rating. The bus driver is an additional bonus and all the shapes seem too big to swallow. Definitely worth buying for any small child and really good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, fun shape sorter, 9 Oct. 2012
S. Morris (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WOW Toys Sidney School Bus (Toy)
We bought this as we wanted a fun shape sorter for our baby daughter. It is great. The friction-powered bus provides much interest, whilst the shapes - triangle, circle, square - are big enough for babies to hold, knock together etc.

There are two openings - a window at the front that opens to reveal the driver and the tailgate that swings down to remove the shapes. The door and window attach well and latch properly, no issues at all.

The toy seems pretty robust to me to put up with the undoubted abuse it will face over the next few months. There are sticker images on the sides which may get picked and chewed over time. On the plus side there are no small detail pieces to get broken, swallowed etc.

The shapes go into the holes easily enough for our 11 month old to do, but are tight enough to make it a challenge.

At the price I would recommend this toy without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute winner with my 15mth old, 26 Jan. 2010
E. Taylor - See all my reviews
This review is from: WOW Toys Sidney School Bus (Toy)
This makes a great first shape sorter and has been such a hit with my 15 month old that he crys when separated from it and threw his first tantrum when he couldn't take it in the bath with him. The peices are chucky, easy to handle and feed through easily. As there are only three slots it is not the most sophisticate one on the market but is a good one to start with as it is not too daunting. The friction driven bus element adds some further interest - but beware, despite being battery free it is rather noisy. The back door release is a little fiddly however he seems to have mastered it, and the door has come off a few times (at the hands of my bosterous 4 yr old) but has fitted back on fine. Altogether the runnerway winner of best christmas present 2009.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite toy with all 3 boys, 13 Aug. 2012
J. Hay - See all my reviews
This review is from: WOW Toys Sidney School Bus (Toy)
My oldest son is 3.5 yrs and he was give this toy for his 1st birthday. Since then I have bought it for several friends' children as it is always a firm favourite. It is now played with by our 10 month old twins who already get excited when they see it. With the babies it is the self propelled nature of the bus they love, for my older son it is regularly loaded up with cars etc. Although a little noisy it keeps all 3 of my boys busy and has been well loved over the time we have had it. One small issue would be the back door comes off very easily but that has never proved a big problem for us. Plus points definitely out way the negative points.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a great toy for a 12 month old, 20 Dec. 2009
This review is from: WOW Toys Sidney School Bus (Toy)
I bought this toy for my one year old boy and he seems to like it. At first he was startled by the loud noise it makes when you push it along but he loves it now. It didn't take him long to work out how to put the shapes in but it still keeps him interested. I am a bit worried about leaving him unattended with the shapes as he can fit them in his mouth and almost close it. Could be nasty if he fell over with one in there :-/ It's pretty durable. He quite often throws it around and although the back door has come off a few times it isn't actually broken yet.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›