on 7 November 2008
The planets come in 2 rigid plastic halves that are easily clipped together and are textured to help with painting. Lots of chance to talk about the planets and the differences between them. Had great fun painting the various planets with my 4 and 6yo kids, but connecting them to the hangers once dry was a really fiddly job that a kid could never do. You need to tie plastic fishing line to small plastic pegs that connect each planet to a hook that attaches to the hanger. Overall including the sun and the hanger itself, that's about 20 really fiddly connectors to tie to the thread (with invisible thread that you have to double or triple knot each time to ensure they stay attached. You need steady hands and good eyes for this bit!)

I'd recommend the toy, but be sure when you leave the planets overnight to dry that you prepare all the cables while the kids aren't about!

And woooo - Pluto is in there :D
on 8 June 2009
Great family fun to make, and reasonably educational. The glow in the dark paint did not work at all, otherwise would have been 5 stars
on 7 January 2010
My son really enjoyed building and painting this mobile and it now looks great in his bedroom. I have bought other items from this range and they are all excellent
on 15 November 2011
It is quite fiddly to assemble but we enjoyed painting it and assembling it.The glow in the dark paint didnot work well but it has hung in the kid's bedroom for more than 6 months and they still enjoy looking at it and discussing it.It was bought as a present for our son but I have purchased 2 more as presents for his friends
on 29 December 2014
Fantastic project - spent two afternoons having great fun with my 10 year old son making this and it now looks fantastic hanging from his bedroom ceiling. This was the first thing on his Christmas list after a science topic at school and he couldn't wait to get started. We spent one afternoon painting the planets and the next one assembling the solar system. Adult assistance is needed as tying the nylon wire is very fiddly and tedious! The end result is worth it though and there is an added bonus of a poster included. Excellent purchase!
on 22 November 2011
The mobile is exceptionally flimsy. It's very hard to connect to the hangers and for the price it's a complete rip off. There must be other mobiles out there with polystyrene round planets that would touch nearer to reality. This 'science museum' range which I have had several products from I think is a case of good marketing, it's from the museum therefore it must be good. I think it's just overpriced and not sturdy.
The best bit was the glow in the dark paint, which we got on our fingers. A great space 'toy' was moon in my room which I bought at the same time and it's fabulous. This mobile is junk.
on 16 April 2013
I got this for my daughter who is a primary school teacher as this was to be the topic .
It was easy to make up and the children loved it, Although they have moved onto a different Topic this term I am sure it will come out of the cupboard for other children to enjoy another term.
Good Value for the money.
on 31 August 2012
My 7 year old daughter who loves space was delighted with this...she had great fun making it and it looks fab hanging from the ceiling in her room. The glow paint isn't great, but overall very nice kit. Fun to make, educational, and looks good to hang afterwards!
on 16 June 2015
Ordered this for my son's 6th birthday. It was dispatched next day and arrived within 4 days which is great. However, the box we received was not as described and all the writing was in a foreign language (not English as expected)! Not much use to us if we can't follow the instructions. I have applied for a refund via Amazon, but now do not have a present for my son the day before his birthday.
on 15 November 2010
My boy had this mainly because his school started teaching him about the space, so I got this for him to give him a little extra understanding, especially as he had to make this himself (with a little help) which is always worth doing as you don't learn from having it done for you. Excellent educational fun.

See one answered question