on 22 November 2012
Most of us have a lot of different kitchen knives but tend to use only one "favourite" most of the time. Well, this is it!!
Most paring knives are 10cm, but the extra 2cm (this one is 12cm) is beneficial whilst not making it unwieldy. Wusthof are one of the best knife makers and this is a very good price too.
on 19 July 2013
Over the years I have purchased several sets of knives for my kitchen, but regardless, they wear and tear and become blunt even when you are taking steps to take care of them. The Wusthof range are superb carbon steel, very strong, very sharp and I expect them to last for a long long time. This classic knife, slightly longer than the parer is a great general utility knife so any odd jobs. Especially good I find for butchering cleaning out fish and other small meat on bone cuts.
on 16 January 2013
I've had (and still have) several other utility knives of the same length from other brands such as Scanpan, but since I've bought this knife I haven't used any other. It's (very!) sharp, easy to hold, handle and wash. Buy this knife at your peril, you may find yourself buying vegetables for the sheer delight of peeling, cutting and slicing them!
on 21 August 2015
this is an excellent, sharp knife, but I'm not utterly convinced that it's as good as the price suggests. I have cheaper ones that perform just as well. Time will tell. Do not put in dishwasher but hand wash and immediately dry and put away (pref in a block). It's comfortable in the hand to use though and doesn't slip.
on 12 January 2013
Confess to being a bit of a Global fan.

My initial impression of the Wusthof is that it feels rather light and not quite as sharp as my (now five month's usage) Global.

So, although a well made product, overall I feel the jury's out a bit on this one.
on 22 January 2004
Seriously sharp, light and easy to handle and despite its relatively small size superbly versatile. I used to be a great fan of big knives, but as much as I love this little fellers big brother, he is not coming out of the block that often.
This one and the serrated sausage knife are a pair that will deal with anything in the kitchen (and some...)
on 24 January 2013
I started with a couple of Wusthof knives including the utility knife. It's so easy to handle and cuts beautifully. This utility size is perfect for most everyday chopping so it gets used a lot. In fact so useful I bought a second one for when I have lots of recipes on the go and don't want to stop to wash knives. It appreciates the occasional sharpen and I only ever wash it by hand. Very pleased and highly recommend.
on 14 April 2015
This size of knife fits perfectly between the 8cm and the 20cm of the same style. It's now the most used knife in the house. As with other knives from the same brand it is a quality product with a sharp blade that should be looked after. Use the blade sharpener on it every now and again and it should last for years. A good buy. If I'd previously had this knife alone, I might not even have bought the 8cm and 20cm versions.
on 18 April 2014
Only had this a short time but so pleased with it. Wasn't cheap but you get what you pay for, especially when it comes to kitchen knives. I've had too many rubbish ones. The quality of this knife is superb and it is extremely sharp. Even slices cleanly through squishy tomatoes. Lovely feel and weight to it. I am definitely going to buy more in this range and can highly recommend this one.
on 21 December 2011
I bought this knife to compliment my Wusthof set. This is a great quality knife and is very sharp and well built like the rest of the Wusthof knives. Highly recommended as its well balanced and very comfortable in the hand.