5.0 out of 5 stars COLIN HAY, A MAN WHO DOES WORK
Published on 8 Sep 2003 by MR JC SERGEANT

2.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As I Was Hoping
This album turned out to be a bit of a disappointment for me. I was expecting 13 tracks of solo guitar (a la Waiting For My Real Life To Begin). That it certainly isn't. Some very early nineties sounding stuff on this. All in all its like an album of bad album tracks. That said, I gave it two stars as there are two or three good tracks on here. The aforementioned being...
Published on 6 April 2006 by M. Farrell

5.0 out of 5 stars COLIN HAY, A MAN WHO DOES WORK, 8 Sep 2003
MR JC SERGEANT (Bolton, lancs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Man @ Work (Audio CD)
I suppose I am slightly biased being a Men at Work fan from the 80s,but this album is just fantastic, Men at Work fans have got to buy this as there are some great rejigged versions of old hits and album tracks,there are 2 completely different versons of "Down Under" and a new acoustic version of "Over kill"there are a couple of new releases which are very good on ther ear, my fav being "Love is Innocent"If anybody [let alone Men at Work or Colin's fans] have never heard "Waiting For MY Real Life To Begin" Then you have missed something, I'ts just so stirring and thought provocking.
If buy nothing else this year you must get this, you won't be disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare gem, 17 Nov 2004
This review is from: Man @ Work (Audio CD)
Colin Hay is one of those artists who has continued to produce some fantastic music while floating under the radar of most music lovers. Some really beautiful songs on this album that deserves to be heard by a much wider audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hay now, Hay now.... don't say it's over., 26 April 2007
J. Harrison (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Man @ Work (Audio CD)
Like others here, I rediscovered Colin Hay through his cameo appearance in 'Scrubs', singing the stripped down version of 'Overkill'. As a Forty-Something, naturally I remember Men At Work, and liked the hits at the time they first appeared (Oh My God.... was it really twenty five years ago ?!) Colin still has talent to spare, an increasingly rare commodity as record companies seem to have abandoned talent and musicianship in favour of looks and popularity.

So, to this album. A refreshing mixture of revised and re-recorded tracks. Most are acoustic or near acoustic, allowing both the strength of the writing and the lasting quality of Colin's vocals to shine through. That said, the tracks featuring a more polished and production-heavy aproach sound a little cheap and somewhat cheesy. However, these are in a distinct minority, and don't drag the whole venture down too far.

I would recommend this album to anyone who knew the story from the beginning. But I am sure anyone who appreciates well crafted songs, simply served up with humour and honesty will lap this up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, 23 Feb 2005
P. Stokes "fox2125" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Man @ Work (Audio CD)
I remembered watching an episode of 'SCRUBS' and seeing a character playing a guitar around the hospital. This, after major surfing, turned out to be Colin Hay from the 80's australian band 'Men at Work'.
The song he sang was 'Overkill' and this with others on the CD are very unplugged and guitar based. If you like folk, easy listening and soft rock music, then this CD will appeal to your taste. There are also two new versions of 'Down Under'

5.0 out of 5 stars Colin Hay, 31 Oct 2005
This review is from: Man @ Work (Audio CD)
One of the best albums i have ever heard, saw him on scurbs love the song he did (overkill) and the whole album is as good as that song

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Oct 2006
This review is from: Man @ Work (Audio CD)
'Stripped down' classics and newer material combine exceptionally well in this cd. I came across Colin Hay's solo work having purchased the soundtrack to Garden State and this cd didn't disappoint. I just hope he tours here soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars man at work..., 11 April 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Man @ Work (Audio CD)
I've just came across this album and I'm definately gonna order it. Being a big "Scrubs" fan, I've heard of Colin Hay before, but didn't realise he was the lead singer from 'Men at Work'!! I love the song "Down Under" and the songs "overkill" and "Waiting for my real life to begin" are realy nice. My fave song of Colin Hay's has to be "Beautiful World". Not the kind of music I would normally have listened to, but I think he's great!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Semi Acoustic Songs, 9 May 2012
Les Young (Durham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Man @ Work (Audio CD)
Bought this after hearing the acoustic versions of some of Hays songs (Men at Work) on the TV series Scrubs. These versions I was after are refreshing and better than the originals and the track list as a whole are relaxing to listen to at home or in the car driving....... great stuff, one of my better purchases...... Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Colin put a haze over my eyes!, 4 Mar 2008
Robert Head "Robert Head" (Brighton, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Man @ Work (Audio CD)
This really is an A-class album. Every song is listenable, and, what's more, different from the last. His vocal range might not be as ranging as other artists, but the instrument arrangements more than compensate; as do the smashing, simple and touching lyrics. This is probably the onlt album that I'd rate 5/5 from my own collection. Listen to 'overkill', 'Beautiful World', 'don't be afraid' and 'waiting for my real life to begin' first, though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprb album, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Man @ Work (Audio CD)
Ex lead singer of the 80s band Men at Work has put this accoustic album together that is on constant play in my car, house and iPhone. The music is enjoyed at all age of listeners. I am regularly asked what it is by those who hear it for the first

Man @ Work
Man @ Work by Colin Hay (Audio CD - 2005)